Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old March 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM

Corpsy is surprisingly tart
Found Minute Men NIB, but should I keep?

OK, first off, hi! I'm new here.

So I've been playing for I guess just under a month, mostly played with ROTV and SOTM, but recently got a few additions (Aquilla's, Ticalla, 2x Warriors and Soulborgs), and just today found some small expansions in Walmart, 2 sets of the Knights of Weston, and 4 sets of the old Minute Men. I picked them all up but am now trying to decide what to do with them.

Here's the thing, I just play with a friend and we share all the units I have. We both enjoy playing with an interesting variety of units, and for those reasons the old Minute Men are a bit impractical compared to the new ones because all-valiant armies would be rather rare and not particularly welcome in our games. I'm still tempted to keep 2, but think I should probably just get rid of all of them and keep trying to get the new minute men.

On top of all that, I'm also trying not to go nuts with spending, which means I don't intend to try to get most of the units out there but rather the ones that will just make for a good variety and balance.

On the other hand, lacking the valiant bonus might not be too terrible for ranged units, they'd be great in small point games, I can work around them with the AE, the wolves wouldn't be too bad (and I'll likely eventually have Khosumet), and it'd be sweet to have the minute men battle an army with the redcoats, I may eventually get Sir Gilbert if I'm lucky...

HELP!
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker
Re: Found Minute Men NIB, but should I keep?

Hey, keep the 4th Mass! Those guys are great! (Although, if you don't keep all 4 packs, I'll have one)

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I would advise you to think about the nifty all Valiant armies you can built with 4 x 4th Mass and the Valiant figures in RotV. Once you play an army with 16 4th Mass, you'll know what real power is like.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the responses.

As I said, I just play with a friend and we split up the units, so I don't see getting a lot of play with all-valiant armies, not without being a jerk and just building the army and then telling him to build whatever with the leftovers. Perhaps if there were tournaments in this area that I thought I'd enter, but I doubt that'll be the case.

So, I almost certainly will only be getting rid of two packs of the minute men. The question is, knowing the style of play that takes place at my house, once I get a couple sets of 4th Reg how much redeeming value will these sets have? If it seems likely I'll only be using the werewolves from time to time, I don't know that it'd be worth keeping these.

Thanks again.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Sphere knows what's in an order marker Sphere knows what's in an order marker

If I were you, I'd tuck the extras in the closet for 6 months or a year rather than get rid of them right away.

As you play more HeroScape, you'll find that what you think you will need changes over time. There's nothing worse than trying to find something that you once had but got rid of, and now need desperately.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
If I were you, I'd tuck the extras in the closet for 6 months or a year rather than get rid of them right away.

As you play more HeroScape, you'll find that what you think you will need changes over time. There's nothing worse than trying to find something that you once had but got rid of, and now need desperately.
Very good point there sphere. There are a lot of tournaments your way. Lots of scapers there in new yourk as well. Ever hear of NESA? Hit the search function up and type in your state for a list of users around you.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

People actually get rid of Heroscape?
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

I would keep atleast 2 and sell/trade the rest if your not ever going to use them...
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post

I'm going to fully agree with Sphere. Hang on to them for a bit. You may well be surprised that as you play (and gather more units) that those Valiant armies (and lots and lots of others) will be more interesting (and playable). I have several unopened (duplicate) boosters (in case of a trade or something), but mostly because I know that there will be a time where I will likely want something.

Enjoy the Scape!
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Ever hear of NESA?
Do you mean the National Eagle Scout Association, or the New England School of Acupuncture?

Thanks for the tip. I found the site, but I get the impression most events take place 250+ miles from Buffalo. I'd probably have an easier time finding something in Canada to drive to.

I'm still quite certain I'll get rid of 2 of them. Hanging on to the other 2 for a while seems like a good plan. If I decide not to use them, they should go up in value once Wave 2 gets a bit more scarce. However, it'd be quite a feat of self-restraint to not just go and open them at some point, especially considering how often Heroscape turns into a drinking game.

I guess what I want to hear is how useful these units are to people in a similar situation, like if any of you tend to pick them regardless of having all valiant units, or if perhaps you'll just have a small all-valiant portion you save for late game.

Thanks to everyone.

Oh, and a side note, I've already started participating in the trading thread, but I wonder if I may have made a bit of a mistake. I've been offering my items a bit cheaper than they tend to go for on Ebay, but others seem to just sell at retail cost. Is that the rule, general Heroscapers etiquette, or just up to the individual?
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsy View Post

Oh, and a side note, I've already started participating in the trading thread, but I wonder if I may have made a bit of a mistake. I've been offering my items a bit cheaper than they tend to go for on Ebay, but others seem to just sell at retail cost. Is that the rule, general Heroscapers etiquette, or just up to the individual?
Its totally up to you. I offer my items here for retail before i put them on Ebay just to make a quick buck. It just has to do with your "patriotism" towards the site and not being a money monger.

But i do sell things on Ebay when i need more money so its entirely up to you.
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

i use them more often as a non valiant army then with a valiant army to be honest. Just toss raelin in or wait for the rest of your army to die. I have 6 squads and still want more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion