Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
A question before I vote. Is Tetraites supposed to be able to hit himself with Bludgeoning Strike? Technically the wording currently allows him to. If not, I'm sure Editing in C3V can handle it, so it's not a deal-breaker in any sense. Just verifying intent.
Either way it doesn't seem relevant, as I can think of literally no situation in which anyone would ever want to do that.
I agree with that, but we Editors have to worry about potential future uses as well.
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

No, his intent was not to hurt himself with his special.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
A question before I vote. Is Tetraites supposed to be able to hit himself with Bludgeoning Strike? Technically the wording currently allows him to. If not, I'm sure Editing in C3V can handle it, so it's not a deal-breaker in any sense. Just verifying intent.
Either way it doesn't seem relevant, as I can think of literally no situation in which anyone would ever want to do that.
For what it's worth:

1-life Tetraites engaged and in a choke point of the map. I know my opponent's next OM is on something far away, and/or something that is definitely not going to attack Tetraites. My next OM is on Krug/Jotun/TKN/whatever, right behind Tetraites. By using Bludgeoning Strike to kill Tetraites, I open up the path for my big bruiser.

Not a common situation, but not impossible.
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I was in a match recently where Parmino repeatedly attacked my One life Disciplined Hydra to free up space for the sacred band to surround my opponent's remaining figure.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
No, it doesn't. A figure is not allowed to attack itself and nothing in this power breaks that rule.

Nevermind. You meant attacking another figure and then damaging himself. Yeah, that would work as written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:51 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Though -as worded- he could potentially wound himself (even if there are very few and specific situations this would occur) that was not the intention for the special. He wants the blood of his foes, not his own. Do I need to adjust the card wording? Or can we assume that that will not be factored into the review?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Not a judge, but I wouldn't worry about it, SirH. It will be tested appropriately and the power can be cleaned up in editing if needed.
Old December 9th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

No worries. As long as we know the intent it's fine.

I love the simple design. Looks solid and useful. The difference in general and personality is ok with me.

to review Tetraites
Old December 9th, 2016, 07:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

One question: is Tetraites a real historical person? If so, what about him suggests Wild and Utgar?
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
One question: is Tetraites a real historical person? If so, what about him suggests Wild and Utgar?
Yes he is a real historical figure. He was one of the Gladiators during the times of the colesium and was known for his defeat of the great Prudes. As for his specific history, from everything I've read, documentation was scarce but they know that he was a well known gladiator that wore very little armor when he fought...and he would have an open bare chest. To me this suggests he was very confident in himself and almost a taunt at his opponents and a symbol of his superiority by being able to defeat them with little protection. From what we know of him, I felt Utgar was an appropriate general to summon him.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Yes he is a real historical figure. He was one of the Gladiators during the times of the colesium and was known for his defeat of the great Prudes. As for his specific history, from everything I've read, documentation was scarce but they know that he was a well known gladiator that wore very little armor when he fought...and he would have an open bare chest. To me this suggests he was very confident in himself and almost a taunt at his opponents and a symbol of his superiority by being able to defeat them with little protection. From what we know of him, I felt Utgar was an appropriate general to summon him.
Hmmm.... I feel a little cagey with the idea of having anyone real be summoned by the evil general on so little evidence.... I'm kind of thinking a name change may be a good idea.... then again, it could be anyone called Tetraites, and there's nothing about the historical Priscus to suggest an inspiration power or that he wrestled without a weapon (in fact, I believe that one is straight up wrong), so.....

EDIT: Btw, any chance we may see any playtests for this guy on your channel? That'd be pretty cool.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 9th, 2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old December 9th, 2016, 10:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Works for me, so I vote to review.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs