Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Played Mission Red Planet, Dead of Winter and Chaos in the Old World today.

Finished painting these this week.

Two more royal guard champions are ready to enter the fray.

I think this is my best Vader yet, but I don't think the picture does it justice.

It is kind of hard to tell in the photos, but the boots, belt and gloves are darker than the suits.

The Nexu are a lot of fun to paint. The big mouths make for an interesting focal point.
Love that Vader. Very good job! Im about half way through my troopers. I only spend about an hour a night painting so I barely get one trooper done. Ive got my droids, IG88, Vader, ATST all primed and ready to go once I get the troopers done. I need a few more colors before I start work on Officers, Nexu, Trandoshans, and Heroes. Im moving along slowly but man am I happy with the results so far. GW paints and a wet palette has been a huge improvement in making the process easier for me.

What are you using for the bases?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post

What are you using for the bases?
The bases are a coarse pumice medium that is painted washed and highlighted.
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:21 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Last night I played ANOTHER session of mega-Carcassonne (with many expansions) for 2 1/4 hours only to come in last place just one (1) point behind my wife - she was delighted - but almost 70 points behind the winner. Final scores: Me=274, Mrs.G.=275, Step-son=318, Daughter-in-Law=343. Again we left out the King and Robber Baron mechanics and it was a much more pleasant experience without any bickering.

&obtw: @chas - Tanks fur shearing the more detailed After Action Report. It was an interesting read. Are you going to do a multi-map Bulge/Bastogne scenario in December?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; June 9th, 2015 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added additional thought rather than double post.
Old June 9th, 2015, 03:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

JohnGee,

Only if Borg issues one--although the Winter War expansion is all regular and breakthrough format Bulge scenarios.

I'd be glad if they publish the Operation Olympic scenario I played with Borg's group a couple of years ago at an HMGS Con, which could be reformatted as a Pacific Theater counterpart to DDL. But a company rep has already said they won't do a hypothetical on bgg. Too bad!

I always say that we're not playing the same game that Borg and his own pals play...
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The large KALIDASA Expansion for Firefly The Game is now showing at www.fireflythegame.com. Its due out in September, with the two new small ship packs in August. The new expansion will include another board section, and lots of other cool stuff, including the Operative's Alliance Corvette!

New Ship Upgrade: Board Game Collection
(Pay to give your crew Shore Leave in any system!)

Now that's meta...
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The large KALIDASA Expansion for Firefly The Game is now showing at www.fireflythegame.com. Its due out in September, with the two new small ship packs in August. The new expansion will include another board section, and lots of other cool stuff, including the Operative's Alliance Corvette!

New Ship Upgrade: Board Game Collection
(Pay to give your crew Shore Leave in any system!)

Now that's meta...
Sweet! I'll be getting both as soon as they come out. Just played Firefly this weekend and had one of the closest finishes ever. 4 player game with 3 of us having everything we needed to claim the win, it was just a race to see who could get to Niska first but all 3 Reaver Ships were in that part of the board. One on his space and the other two adj. to his space walling him off.
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:31 AM

Good morning!

The sun rose brightly today on the future of Commands and Colors Napoleonics gaming with the start of the printing of the rules for the upcoming Leadership Expansion (due August) on the fan site, which gets everything early to convert it into the Vassal system, thereby benefiting we who do not use Vassal as well!

The text can be found here, and will be augmented further in the next day or so:

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Rules/Expansion-5/

Temporary Leadership Command Radius! British Rocket Battery! Grand Artillery Batteries! Light Infantry Skirmishing! Cavalry Charge if Charged! A hint at using Corps Commanders in Grand Bataille, the next expansion! A conversion table for all previously issued scenarios into the new two deck system with an augmented Command Deck (Red Cards) and the new Leadership Deck (Green Cards)! New units, terrain, and scenarios!

Hurrah!!!

Rocket on, CCN gamers!!!
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:19 AM

We found Space Pirates (by Chriostophe Boelinger, Sirius/Zvesda/Asmodee 2009) in the discount bin of our FLGS, and Taeblewalker and I had fun trying it out. On another evening, the four of us played it after our two games of Scape.

Its simple and short, and a nice combination of general game tactics, ship navigation, and even a bit of flicking.

A bgg forum thread making reference to an expansion kit with a fifth ship and two expansion rules for direct Pirate vs Pirate action unfortunately has an outdated link. So to view my Chas Cosmic Combat Rule, and a few table rules we are using to supplement the published rules, see bgg.
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Taught my daughters Cacao tonight. They liked it. Nice quick and light tile laying game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My son and I met up with Dad_Scaper, Gurei-Ornery, and their respective male offspring at a neutral location yesterday afternoon to play some games. It was a nice opportunity, and we had a fun time, my son and I arrived a little late, so the others had already started. While they finished their game, my son beat me in a game of Video Game High School. I still enjoy this quick light worker placement/ dice-rolling game. We appreciate the source material, and we can finish a game in 20 minutes, so it hits a bit of a sweet spot for us.

After that, D_S taught me how to play Race for the Galaxy. Despite G-O's repeated warnings, I actually enjoyed the game. I'd definitely be up for trying it again.

After a quick dinner break, we played a 6-person game of Colt Express. I thought this was a great game. I hadn't played it before, but I really enjoyed the chaotic fun. For anyone who hasn't tried it, it involves a group of outlaws competing the steal the most loot in a train robbery, complete with an awesome 3-D train and cowboy meeples that can go from car to car and even onto the roof of the cars. Each round, the players simultaneously play a certain number of action cards into a stack, and then the actions are played out in turn order. It makes for some entertaining moments as you spend your time planning to pick up loot and shoot other outlaws, for example, only to have your plans completely screwed up by someone punching you into another car without any loot and then climbing onto the roof out of the line of fire. I really like this one, and I can't wait to try it again.

All in all, my son and I had a great time, and we hope to do it again later this summer.
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We had a *great* time with you guys & with G-O. KidScaper and I were the first to arrive, and we warmed up with some Star Realms (I have to stay sharp, right, akden?). Then @Gurei-Ornery arrived and showed us how to play Boss Monster 2, which I think KidScaper won. It was close, I was right behind him. I couldn't quite get the heroes I needed in the last two rounds dealt.

Race isn't for everyone, but akden picked it up quickly and appreciated what it has to offer. I look forward to next time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:57 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We had fun as well. Colt Express was a hit and we were talking about it at the store yesterday. As always, it felt like it was time to go as soon as we hit our stride. Thanks for setting this up @akden and @Dad_Scaper .

BTW, I know Race is a good game, in a fine wine way, I just try to knock D_S off his game by hammering it so, in case I get sucked into a game. Ali v Frazier. Down goes D_S! Seriously though, it is a pretty dry game and I have more of a Yoohoo pallet. Maybe not so seriously.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games