Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:51 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Scoring Option

I've been continuing the Heroscape club through the end of summer school for the past three years. This year I wanted to do something different but need some input.

Dund sucks. We all know it. I want to play a season where he is featured in every army. 500 points plus Blunder-dog.

Instead of keeping track of wins vs losses, or even points destroyed, I though that focusing on Dund would take the games in a different direction. Here's what I have so far.

Players accumulate points in this system based on a number of factors. Despite only competing against one (or possibly two depending on number of attendees) your accumulated points compete against all players. At the end of the season the player with the most points wins, regardless of their season record.

Points accumulate as follows:
Player wins 1v1 game:................................................................. .................................150 points
Player wins 3 player FFA:.................................................................. ............................250 points
Player finishes 2nd in 3 player FFA:.................................................................. ...............100 points
Dund makes the kill that results in your victory:.............................................................. ..100 points
Dund is your only remaining figure in your victory:.............................................................1 50 points
Dund survives.............................................................. .................................................50 points
Dund kills a squad figure.....................................squad figure's value rounded down to nearest 5 points
Dund kills a hero.................................................................. ...............................hero's point value
Successful Crippling Gaze.................................................................. ..............................50 points
Unsuccessful Crippling Gaze.................................................................. ...........................15 points

I would really appreciate your input into this. If you have any ideas, please send them.

~Legoboy

Last edited by legoboy; May 28th, 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Changed point value for Dund's kills.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:03 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scoring Option

Maybe you'd consider changing "Dund kills hero-100" and "Dund kills a squad-20" to just be worth the amount of points of the figure he killed?

I could see Dund killing Otanashi and Isamu and nailing an easy 200 points right there! On the flip side of that, sending him in to kill a MoU, yet only getting 20 points for actually pulling off the kill? I'd change that rule. It would make figuring out scores a bit more complicated than a set amount, but more fair/rewarding, I'd think.

Give the player full point value of the hero killed if Dund kills a hero, and for something like killing one MoU, give the player 110/3, so 36 or 37 points.

Another way to complicate things, you could dish out points per OM removed by crippling gaze! A thing to remember, is that if someone removes quite a few OMs with gaze, they are probably already going to score quite a few points for winning the game, it could be a sort of snowball effect...

You could also add penalties (maybe subtract 50 points?) for things like Dund being the first figure dead in your army during the game, or a penalty for your opponents Dund gazing your Dund, lol!

If you're trying to keep things simple, you probably already have a decent system here, I'd still say add a penalty for having Dund being the first figure to die in your army, I like the idea, even though it's unlikely to happen.

EDIT: Just thought, how about some sort of bonus points if the first figure you kill is an opponent's Dund? It would be the exact opposite of the rule above, but it might be worth tagging some massive point bonus (200 points?) to really motivate some players to give it a shot...

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 22nd, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:41 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Haha, this is pretty funny. I basically agree with the penalty if your Düde is killed first, as Brandon mentioned. I think that attempting the Crippling Gaze should only give you a 5 or 10 point bonus though, since all that would be really is that you took a turn with him...

Also how many 3 player FFA do you think there are going to be? I usually try to avoid those as my group of HS playing buds usually gang up on one person. Mainly me... Just wondering if you have some sort of balancing rule to avoid that.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:37 AM

Jdao is surprisingly tart

We could also take it further and extend to other underused units. "use a c ranked unit (based on tourney rankings) 100 points" "b ranked...50 pts". Etc

Maybe using an A ranked or higher can give you zero points, but you could still use it to gain points from kills just throwing out ideas
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Heh, epic idea. Do Sudema next season.

I pretty much agree with everything BW said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Also how many 3 player FFA do you think there are going to be? I usually try to avoid those as my group of HS playing buds usually gang up on one person. Mainly me... Just wondering if you have some sort of balancing rule to avoid that.
I never play a 3-player free-for-all, personally; Kill-The-Player-To-Your-Left is always so much more interesting and fun, since it's basically never in both players' best interests to gang up on the third.

Old May 27th, 2014, 05:38 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heh

I had Dünd and Sudema in the same army in S12 of Online Heroscape. Actually won a game with it and nearly won a second. Fascinating idea though. I can already think of a lot of fun Dünd builds.

~Dysole, playing crazy builds for quite some time
Old May 28th, 2014, 03:10 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the input. I decided to change the points for Dund's kills, but not for him getting whacked first. I want people to try to use him, and felt that taking points away for losing Dund early encouraged players to keep him at home.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll post how the games go. They won't start until mid-June, so you'll have to be patient.
Old June 17th, 2014, 10:12 PM

We had our first games using this scoring method today, and it was a lot of fun. For the first couple of rounds, Dund got left in the backfield, but then he started to move out. I'll put the complete info in my club thread.

Here's the post with the results.

Crippling Gaze was attempted 40 times with 13 of those being successful. (32.5 % success)

A player who lost his match used Dund so well that he outscored a player who did not use Dund, but won. Overall feeling was very positive on this new spin on playing.

Last edited by legoboy; July 11th, 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: It read funny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions