Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM

JotaTay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix~flame~kyrie
Really the only house rule my friends and I use is NO ORDER MARKERS!
They make the game not very fun, and we don't really see the point of them.
I think you need more house rules than that...besides, order is your friend.
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My biggest house rule is...

If two trees are adjacent, then they are considered to be blocking line of sight.

I hate that...
"Oh, I can see your elbow between the trees."
Screw that!!! That's just cheap.
This games needs more LOS blockers not LOS cracks.

Recent Games Played:
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
This games needs more LOS blockers not LOS cracks.

Seriously though I agree with you on the LOS cracks. It seems to defeat the purpose of all the cool obstacles if all you need is line of sight to a foot or an elbow or (in some cases) a piece of cloth to target a figure. I can understand with trees when you're using bullets since a few branches are not going to stop a high velocity projectile but obstacles and stuff should still give some defense bonuses, especially when its a stone wall or battlement. Thats what I think is funny about the battlements in the game: they don't really serve their function that well because as long as your enemy can see your figure the battlement provides no protection at all! I think it is why Hasbro decided to make the battlements so high: so they block LOS and therefore provide some protection :P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
yeah i hate that so much they say HEY I CAN SEE HIS EARWAX I CAN SHOOT HIM!!! thats just rediculous i think ill try that now thnx oogadabruce

my only house rule is taht when you are going up spaces you dont have to count the top of a space as part of the move. i mean who takes a step up, and then in an interely other motion puts their foot down. come on!

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old November 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Here's my take on pushing, it sounds kind of complicated, but really its not.

SHOVE AND TUMBLE

Any time a figure could attack an adjacent figure of equal or smaller size, they can choose to attempt to shove them instead. To attempt to shove a figure, roll the 20 sided die. A roll of 15 or more (10 or more if the target is smaller) is a successful shove. A roll of 1 or 2 means the shove backfires and the original target gets to immediately shove the attacker (they do not need to roll the 20 sided die).
To execute the shove, the shover moves the target figure 1 space in any direction. The space they are moved to must be unoccupied and no higher in elevation than the space they originally occupied. An obstacle (i.e. wall or battlement) of up to 3 units high can be ignored during this move. If the shoved figure was moved to a lower space or if they "fell" over an obstacle, they lose their balance and begin to tumble. If the figure tumbles, the shover can repeatedly move the figure one space at a time as long as each move is to a lower and unoccupied space. While tumbling, obstacles are not ignored. Any time a figure lands on a water or motlen lava space, they cease tumbling. All injuries implied during the shove and tumble (i.e. falling, disengagement, entering a lava space, etc...) are applied except the initial disengagement between the shover and the target.
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
Hey thanks everyone, I'm collecting ideas. Maybe these should be put in a codex.
Old November 17th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
I will post some of our House Rules Here:

Bull Rush
Before the attack dice are rolled, the attacker can elect to do a bull rush maneuver instead of an attack to push the opponent back one or more hexes and move ahead into the opponents vacated hex. Perhaps you wish to push an opponent off of a glyph or perhaps over a cliff. Here is how it works:
• The attacking unit must have some movement left over from his move. It is important to know how much movement is left over as it will limit the distance of the bull rush.
• The opponent must be on the same level or adjacent lower terrain.
• The attacker loses one attack die for each size class the opposing unit is larger than the attacker. There is no bonus for bull rushing smaller opponents other than if the attacker is at least two size classes larger than the opposing unit, the attacker gains one additional attack dice.
• Each Skull rolled counts as two and does no damage.
• The defender must defend against all of the skulls or get pushed back. The attacker can push the opponent back one hex for each extra skull he has rolled over the number of shields rolled. Note that the attacking figure must have the movement left over to move into each hex the opponent is pushed out of.
• The opponent is pushed directly back from the attacking unit, if that is on a higher level or not a legal move then the defender chooses one of the other two hexes away from the attacker.
• This maneuver cannot be attempted if there are no legal open hexes for the defender to move into.
• The unit that was target of the bulrush suffers no disengagement attacks as a result of this maneuver.

Kamikaze Leap
A unit may make a glorious suicidal leap onto an opponent to try to take the opponent out. It is a committed attack and a spectacle to behold; the stuff of legends. Here are the specifics:
• The elevation difference must be high enough that the units are NOT considered adjacent.
• The attacker gains a bonus of 2 attack dice in addition to the current attack dice.
• After the defender rolls defense the defender rolls two attack dice for falling damage to see if the leap of faith is also the leap of doom.
• If by miracle, neither the attacker nor defender perishes in this maneuver, the defender chooses which adjacent hex the attacker is placed on. If there is no legal place for the attacker to reside, then it dies in the assault and is removed from the board.

Cover Bonus
At the risk of drawing ire from teh countless times this has been discussed, , I will post our rule. It is quite simple. If a figure has at least 50% cover, then it gets an extra defense die. If it is close to 50% and not easily determined, then the benfit goes to the defender and they get the additional die. (In 2 years of play this has NOT been a problem with arguments or disputes).

Also:
We have 6 of each figure so we allow one of each unique per player.

We play elaborate scenarios with multiple victory conditions that encourage exploration of the map. They are typically:

(1) Raise the Flags.
(2) Visit the Shrines.
(3) Own so Many Castle Flags at one time.
(4) Control the Wellsprings.
(5) Harvest the Gems.
(6) Combinations of all of the Above.
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:37 PM

theats has disabled reputation
1-water tiles- count as two spaces, but you don't have to stop movement. vipers and agents move normally.

2-no ordermarkers- adds an element of unpredictability to the game, dund makes you not use the figure for three turns.

3-hight- over 10 levels (i have a thread for this) add 1 attack, defense, and range for each 10 levels over 10.

Theophilus.
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:26 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Just to chime in, in case someone compiles all this sometime into a nice organized list of potential house rules...

1-only one of each unique per game.
2-only 1 card for commons (so the first player to draft a common can keep drafting them, but no one else can...)
Note: I also let people draft less than a full card's worth as long as they have at least one full card to begin with. So if you have one card of gruts and 30 points left, you're allowed to take 3 more gruts.
3-if any dice fall off the table, you just reroll what fell.
4-attacker and defender roll dice at the same time.
5-penalty drafting: your first draft determines your general. It costs you more to draft from other generals, following this spectrum:

Jandar - Ullar - Vydar - Einar - Utgar

It costs 0 to draft from your general and increases by 5% as you move away. So for Jandar to draft Utgar, it would cost 20% more. For Vydar to draft from either Einar or Ullar, it would cost 5% more.
---
6-I'm scrapping the "if you don't have enough room to place your army you lose the extra figures" rule from now on. I hate that.
7-the next time we play I am adding the cover rule.
8-will begin experimenting with different order marker rules (either the extra x or having a second set of markers...)
9-will begin experimenting with pushing...
10-will begin experimenting with different height rules (I've always thought it was silly that a viking standing on 1 terrain higher than what Mimring is standing on gets a height advantage...) But maybe it will balance out with cover? (bigger guys will have a harder time finding cover...)

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:38 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
We do not count elevations of three or less on road, because road is sloped, not a sheer cliff face. We also add one extra attack die for every ten levels above your opponent you are.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:38 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
Mine have been said repeatedly plus I've used others.
Old November 21st, 2006, 08:28 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
I play that Jotun and Grimnak can attack defenders on single high castle walls. They are tall enough that if they just reached out they would be able to attack. Dragons can too, because they are so big and have really long necks, but that doesn't come into play often at all, because of flying.

I've thought about letting Jotun actually use his entire turn to CLIMB a castle wall, but he can't attack on that turn. I haven't tried that yet. I could even see Grimnak jumping...maybe...

The girlfreind gets pissed whenever I tell her that double spaced figures can't climb the ladders, so sometimes I let that slide, because I don't want to hear it. Although I hate fighting Q9 when he's way up on a wall...

Click to see more...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions