Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland NHSD Post tourny thread.

Well, another tourny has come and gone. It was a great event. 25 participants in all, which ties a record for attendance for my events.

Thanks to all who showed up. Thanks to Renniassance Games for letting us have our event at their place. Certainly not least, thanks to WoTC for all the great prizes they provided, and to all those involved in getting them to us.

Congrats to Ian, our big winner, and the recipiant of the first Golden Viking trophy.
We had 2 formats, Heat of Battle and General Wars. For the 5th round a die was rolled to determine which format was played, General Wars won the toss, so we played 3 rounds of general wars, and 2 rounds of Heat of Battle. I enjoyed the dual format, but would have liked to play Heat of Battle for the final insted of General wars, oh well.

Results:
1. Ian 5-0 2400 GW(Q9, Q10, Gladiatrons, G'naters) HOB(Q10, Q9, Nakita's)
2. Spidysox 4-1 2269 GW(Stingers x3, Rats x3, Cyprien, Sonya) HOB (Finn, Thorgrim, Eldgrim, Knights x3, Tarn Vikings)
3. Kalislord 4-1 2176 GW(Knights x3, Gilbert, Nilfheim) HOB (Zombies x5, Keamon Awa, Guilty)
4. Jackall 4-1 2155 GW(4th Mass x6, Thorgrim) HOB (Drones x7, Raelin ROTV, Otonashi, Isamu)
5. Peteparkerh 4-1 2113 GW(Steamroller) HOB (Isamu, Otonashi, Kyntella, Izumi Samurai, Arkamer, Syvarris, Ashra x4)
6. Myst9 3-2 2175 GW(Minions x2, Stingers x2, Cyprien) HOB (Keamon Awa, Ninjas of Northwind, Drones x3, Izumi Samurai, Otonashi)
7. Civil war dude 3-2 2069 GW(Stingers x5, Cyprien, Sonya) HOB (Knights x5, Finn, Isamu, Otonashi)
8. Tom 3-2 2043 GW(Migol, Dwarves x5, Spiders) HOB (Q9, Rats x4, Marcu, Isamu, Raelin ROTV)
9. Arcus 3-2 2010 GW(Aubriens x7) HOB (Q10, Drones x6)
10. Zak 3-2 1880 GW(MDG, Izumi Samurai, Crixus, 10th Reg x2, Romans x2) HOB (MGD, Izumi Samurai, Romans, 10th Reg x2, Crixus)
11. WK4C 3-2 1850 GW(Cyprien, Sonya, Stinger x5) HOB (Heavy Gruts x3, Grimnak, Stingers x2)
12. Phil the thrill 3-2 1765 GW(Tagawa Samurai, Izumi Samurai, 10th Reg x2, MDG, Shori) HOB (Raelin ROTV, 10th Reg x2, Tagawa Samurai, MGD)
13. LIL miss Spidy 3-2 1610 GW(Charos, Venoc Warlord, Armocs x2, Theracus) HOB (Keamon Awa, Tagawa Samurai, Samurai Archers x2, Izumi Samurai, Isamu, Otonashi)
14. Drewcula 2-3 1937 GW(Mimring, Subakna, Marrden Hounds x2, Isamu) HOB (Marrden Hounds x3, Subakna, Marcu)
15. Shaugville 2-3 1923 GW(Emiroon, Jorhdawn, Kyntela, Ulginesh, Arkmer, Ashra x2) HOB (Omnicron snipers x2, Repulsors x2, Knights, Denrick)
16. Technomagus 2-3 1771 GW(Kyntela, Arkmer, Emiroon, Chardris, Arcolarh, Ulginesh) HOB (Sentinels x3, Raelin SOTM)
17. Clancampbell 2-3 1757 GW(Q9, Q10, Otonashi, Gladiatrons, James Murphy) HOB (Torkulna, Grimnak, Blade Gruts, Nagrubs)
18. Charlie 2-3 1673 GW(Elite Vipers, Protectors x2, Atlaga, Dead eye Dan, Theracus) HOB (Zombies x6, Negoksa)
19. Lizardking 2-3 1630 GW(Izumi Samurai, Zelrig, Gladiators x2, Crixus) HOB (Mohicans x2, Dwarves x2, Migol, Brave Arrow, Isamu)
20. Xanth 2-3 1470 GW(Krug, Cyprien, Sonya, Stingers x3) HOB (Rats x3, Charos, Keamon Awa)
21. Gorthan313 2-3 1285 GW(DW9k, DW8k, Zettians, Drones x3, Isamu) HOB (Anubiens x4, Johnny Sullivan, Isamu, Dumatef, Swog, Marcu)
22. Jonhan 1-4 1718 GW(Braxas, Q9, Krav, Otonashi) HOB (Braxas, Q9, Stingers)
23. Joey 1-4 1603 GW(Cyprien, Stingers x2, Deathstalkers x2, Marcu) HOB (Q9, Q10, Krav)
24. Follower of Vydar 1-4 1430 GW(Laglor, Microcorp x2, Nakita's, Otonashi) HOB (Cyprien, Wolves of Badru x2, Marrden Hounds, Ashra)
25. Lil Miss Pete 1-4 1147 GW(Mimring, DW9k, DW8k, Rats x2) HOB (Charos, Tagawa Samurai, Nakita's)

So there we go. It was great to see alot of familar faces, and some new ones too!

A few random observations.
-Jackall was 4-1. He has been 4-1 at every event he has ever attended, except one, where he was 3-1.
-Deathwalker Alert! Both 9k and 8k made apperances in 2 armies!
-Utgar was the general of choice for general wars, with 9 people playing his forces. Ullar was a surprising 2nd with 5. Einar and Vydar both had 4. Jandar and Aqullia both had 1.

Hope everyone had fun, see some of you next month!

Battle report later, too tired now.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Maryland NHSD Post tourny thread.

Sounds like a great tournament. Too bad I missed it; I've been working Saturdays lately and will be for some time. Look for me to probably come down after the holidays, though, if you have any tournaments then.

Old October 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Likewise - sounds like a blast and I wish I could have been there. Hopefully I'll be able to make the Allentown tourney in November.
Old October 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Had an absolute blast at this event (and not just cause I finished 2nd )
Another beautifully run event by Clan, you did a great job as always. Lil Miss spidysox had a lot of fun and was thankful for everyones concern and well wishes for quick healing of her broken arm, more proof of the great community we have here in scapers!

Grats to Ian on his win, well done sir.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:16 AM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
-Utgar was the general of choice for general wars, with 9 people playing his forces. Ullar was a surprising 2nd with 5. Einar and Vydar both had 4. Jandar and Aqullia both had 1.
There was actually 2 Jandar General War armies (Jackall and myself). I had a great time as always and I look forward to getting to see everyone again at the next tourny.

I see Sir Gilbert (who lacks a bit of modesty) after the battles giving the following speech:

"For all of those who brought your villainous armies to bare, never underestimate the might of the knights! Jandar sent only a few of us to this war, but only because he knew that even against the hordes of vile foes we would triumph. Sure we may have had a big, fancy dragon, but it was our righteous defence and my truly inspirational presence that brought us victory on these bloodied plains. There may only be a few of you left, my brothers, but those who died defending me will surely be given a safe passage to the heavens. Now rest, for tomorrow we shall fight again!"

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time for my battle report.

Round 1 vs. Phil the Thrill (General Wars)
I sent my glads out to lock down the opposition, this was pretty much my plan, glads lock 'em down, Q brothers gun 'em down. Sort of a modified glads/blasts theory. Phil's redcoats battled back and took out a few glads. Q9 came out guns blazing and dropped a few redcaots for his efforts. A few rounds of gun fire from both sides and Q9 seemed to be gaining the advantage, dropping 5 redcoats and only taking one wound. Phil's samurai joined the fray, was it hardened steel samurai swords, maybe disciplined strikes, maybe zen mastery, maybe the bowl of rice before battle, whatever it was, Q9 was cut down. Q10 moved out to avenge his fallen brother and dropped 2 samurai. The remaining samurai reduced Q10 to spare parts. Feeling that it was pretty much over, I sent James Murphy out. He managed to shotgun blast the remaining 2 redcoats, and put a wound on Marcus. He met his end at the hands of samurai. Otonashi managed to fend of the samurai long enough to put 2 wounds on Marcus, but was cut down, finally, by samurai.

Round 2 vs. Drewcula (Heat of Battle)
What can I say, Grimnak and Tor-kul-na were the main stays of my army, pitted up against Marrden Hounds, which I could neither chomp nor stomp. The plague ridden hounds, dealt alot of wounds through their plague, and some direct damage as well. My most lopsided loss of the day.

Round 3 vs. Charlie (General wars)
Charlie sent out his elite vipers first, and while they managed to ward off incoming fire on the way in, once they got adjacent their defense dropped considerbly. Coupled with ineffective attacks, they went down. Fire was exchanged between the Q brothers, and the protectors, with the protectors getting the worst of it. Atlaga missed the bolt of the witherwood, but still killed Q9 with his normal attack, leaving me to wonder if Q9 barrowed his defense dice from the deathwalkers. Q10 dealt with Atlaga, and finished off Deadeye and theracus for the win.

Round 4 vs. Follower of Vydar (Heat of Battle)
Tor-kul-na was set up perfectly to stomp 3 wolves of badru, and promptly failed his first stomp roll. The orcs and Grimnak were killing off some other wolves and ashras, while his Cyprien was dealing wounds to Tor-kul-na. Big stompy managed to fend off the vampire long enough for Grimnak and the blades to dispatch of most of the rest of the army. Cyprien danced around and avoided Grimnak for a while, but was eventually cought and chomped. Game over.

After an 0-2 start, I roared back to 2-2, what would the final bring?

Round 5 vs. Zak (General Wars)
An exchange of fire between the Qs and the redcoats seemed to be going my way. Then the Romans and Marcus cought up to the Qs and cut them down. It was all down hill from there.

So I ended my day 2-3. Dissapointed? Yes, but I had fun playing. This was my first time using Q9 and I have to say I was not impressed, Q10 outpreformed his more expensive brother, and I still like him better.

So its off to Dragon Wars with hopes of a good day, to qualify for our championship event. See Eastern PA/Maryland 4 tournament frenzy for more info.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events