Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I can understand people's disappointment in not having multiple styles to choose from. I was pretty gung-ho about the admins offering such a feature on the legacy sites of .NET and HQ.com. However, as a community, the lack of theme choices brings a certain solidarity to the face of this, the new Scapers' community. The color is just one of several factors that gives a face to the identity of the site, and thus the group of which we are all a part of. While Heroscape is a game with a theme of diversity, these themes do come together under one common head, being the game itself. So, too, the community, as diverse as its members are, come together under the unity of this site and the colors which represent it. And even if you don't agree with the colors, don't let something so petty keep you from what will become the greatest HeroScape community site yet.

Personally, I really like the color scheme. Cool and diverse, with a spark of energy for flavor! And the text is SO much easier to read, no matter where you are in the site. When colors of a website reflect the object of which the site is based on without blatantly ripping off the official color scheme, that is a great aesthetic bonus. And these colors are heroic, playful, and welcoming... much like the game we all enjoy. I think Truth did a great job finding a neutral color scheme.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:23 AM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
OK, I guess I will use this. Its not a big thing though.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:34 AM
ultradoug

hextr1p
i rember you were going to do something for hq, did this die with hq
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
hextr1p
i rember you were going to do something for hq, did this die with hq
Yes it did. As Truth mentioned above, such a feature is too difficult to incorporate here on 'Scapers.com. However, all of what Truth has been doing with this site overshadows the fact that you can't choose from different site skin options. I just noticed the GenCon countdown timer on the mainpage. Little nuances like that really add to the atmosphere of the site. And you just never know what is going to show up next!

Old May 25th, 2006, 12:28 PM
ultradoug

too bad man, would have loved to see that work
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDoug
Yeah, it would have been fun. But I know Truth has some stuff up his sleeve to keep the site visually fresh. Though right now, as far as this site has come in such a short time, this community is WELL ahead of the game when compared to both HQ.com and .NET. And with the solid base of admins and core members, the site will only continue to thrive.

Old May 25th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDoug
Yeah, it would have been fun. But I know Truth has some stuff up his sleeve to keep the site visually fresh. Though right now, as far as this site has come in such a short time, this community is WELL ahead of the game when compared to both HQ.com and .NET. And with the solid base of admins and core members, the site will only continue to thrive.
woot!
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
It would be nice to have at least a little more "-scapey" of a color theme.

I mean phpBB default is nice and all, but it lacks identity.
I know phpBB buttons aren't hard to get a hold of.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online