Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 25th, 2011, 10:59 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: tannergx's Maps - Infested Glade added - 11/12/2010

I agree with Robber. I played him on that map and the glyph behind the Hive is excellently placed because it split the battlefield and armies didn't charge for the height. Even though it didn't make BoV, I think it is a great map and your best one. Keep up the good work!
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sweet Maps! They look awesome!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
If you like those you should've seen the stuff that got taken down.
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
If you like those you should've seen the stuff that got taken down.
Agreed.

~Rednax
Old February 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tannergx Im really confused as to whats going on with your thread. I quickly read through and see that you just dont want maps up anymore? What a shame. You had some great stuff going on. Anytime I plan on running a tournament I always come to your thread to see if anything would fit with what I want. In fact thats the reason I came to your thread today. Its really disappointing that you would remove files you had already taken the time to put up. I guess I should learn to download every map I find a tad bit interesting instead of waiting till I plan on using it. Guess if you dont want your maps being used thats your choice. There are plenty of good map makers on the site who are willing to share their builds so as much as Im disappointed in you behaving this way its not the end of the world.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Tannergx Im really confused as to whats going on with your thread. I quickly read through and see that you just dont want maps up anymore? What a shame. You had some great stuff going on. Anytime I plan on running a tournament I always come to your thread to see if anything would fit with what I want. In fact thats the reason I came to your thread today. Its really disappointing that you would remove files you had already taken the time to put up. I guess I should learn to download every map I find a tad bit interesting instead of waiting till I plan on using it. Guess if you dont want your maps being used thats your choice. There are plenty of good map makers on the site who are willing to share their builds so as much as Im disappointed in you behaving this way its not the end of the world.
stubobj, I'm confused about why you posted the above. Where do you get off chastising me about what I do or don't do with my map builds? If you must know, (and if you'd bothered to have looked closely,) I thinned out the list of maps I'd published months ago. And frankly, I did it without making any announcements. It wasn't until some interested parties noticed some were missing and started asking why that I made mention. So the decision to remove some maps wasn't some temperamental, attention grabbing act as the tone or your note suggests. I'm not a child - don't address me like one.

Additionally, your attitude is strangely entitled. Why do you think you deserve to use my maps in your tournament if I don't want it used (or anyone else's for that matter)? I agree with your assertion that there are a great many good mapbuilders on this site, and you should be thankful that they share their builds. By thinning my thread, I don't have any illusions that the great resource of maps here has diminished even marginally. And the same would be true if I removed them all. But if all the mapbuilders decided to remove there maps, I don't see why that would be any reason for you to complain. The mapbuilders built their maps - they are entitled to share or not share as they please.

Bassist and Robber, again I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad to hear Shrine has played well for you. If I revise it, I'll take your feedback into consideration.

DM7A
and Rednax, I appreciate the sentiment, but let's be serious. Most of the maps I removed were not up to par for the situations that arise when a map is published. Several were early works, and used build strategies that don't meet the standards of current tourney maps (i.e. 7-hex stacking). Is this just about the uncapped wall maps?

~tgx
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
stubobj, I'm confused about why you posted the above. Where do you get off chastising me about what I do or don't do with my map builds? If you must know, (and if you'd bothered to have looked closely,) I thinned out the list of maps I'd published months ago. And frankly, I did it without making any announcements. It wasn't until some interested parties noticed some were missing and started asking why that I made mention. So the decision to remove some maps wasn't some temperamental, attention grabbing act as the tone or your note suggests. I'm not a child - don't address me like one.

Additionally, your attitude is strangely entitled. Why do you think you deserve to use my maps in your tournament if I don't want it used (or anyone else's for that matter)? I agree with your assertion that there are a great many good mapbuilders on this site, and you should be thankful that they share their builds. By thinning my thread, I don't have any illusions that the great resource of maps here has diminished even marginally. And the same would be true if I removed them all. But if all the mapbuilders decided to remove there maps, I don't see why that would be any reason for you to complain. The mapbuilders built their maps - they are entitled to share or not share as they please.

Bassist and Robber, again I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad to hear Shrine has played well for you. If I revise it, I'll take your feedback into consideration.

DM7A
and Rednax, I appreciate the sentiment, but let's be serious. Most of the maps I removed were not up to par for the situations that arise when a map is published. Several were early works, and used build strategies that don't meet the standards of current tourney maps (i.e. 7-hex stacking). Is this just about the uncapped wall maps?

~tgx
First off the only part of my comment that was in the least bit "chastising" was the very last sentence. As I said its not the end of the world. I was just extremely disappointed to see that you had taken them down. I dont scour the map threads daily. I only look for maps when I am about to set up a tournament, which I am about to do. I had mentioned that I thought you had great stuff and I also mentioned how Ive come to your thread before looking for maps to use. I too was one of those "interested parties".

Second, Its not that I deserve to use one of your maps at a tournament its you who should feel honored that a Tournament Director wants to use a map you had taken time to post. I am extremely thankful that other map builders havent done the same as you because then this wouldnt be much of a community now would it. This is the best site for Heroscape only because of what the community puts it. I would have every right to complain if every map makers had the attitude you have right now because this community would fall in no time. And you are right, as a map maker you are entitled to either share or not share but the only way for us to keep Heroscape and this site going is to provide content worth coming back for.

Youve made it very clear, to me anyways, you dont want your maps being used. So I will look other places.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
DM7A and Rednax, I appreciate the sentiment, but let's be serious. Most of the maps I removed were not up to par for the situations that arise when a map is published. Several were early works, and used build strategies that don't meet the standards of current tourney maps (i.e. 7-hex stacking). Is this just about the uncapped wall maps?
Speaking for me only - yes, those are the only ones you've taken down that I really miss. Recessed Atrium and Cursed Fountains are both good examples of what can be done with limited terrain sets if you're willing to stretch the "rulebook build rules" a little bit. Totally-not-incidentally, both were used at Hexes in Texas, a major event that definitely takes its map selection seriously.

There's not a lot of well-made maps out there in that mold, and having those in the mix definitely gives some good grist for the mill of other mapmakers.

Old March 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: tannergx's Maps - Uncapped Columns Series - 3/20/2011

Glad to see the uncapped series has returned. I noticed a few minor changes in there as well. Thanks for keeping the goods where they belong.

If you feel the need to remove them in the future please consider hiding them in spoiler or something next time eh? After all you did leave a number of blank fields that referenced your maps, most of those links will never be repaired either.
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:50 AM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!
Re: tannergx's Maps - 3 Concept Maps - 5/14/2011

Haven't been checking Heroscapers much of late, but a week ago I caught wind of R˙chean's call for new maps. Seemed as good a reason as any to work on some maps again, and over the week I came up with 3 concepts. None are as play-tested as I'd prefer, but I think they are close to where they'd otherwise finally land.

Ruins at Fort McAda

Scout's Lookout

Remains of Clionesia

Of the 3, I'll likely submit Ruins at Fort McAda and Remains of Clionesia. If interested in additional thoughts for each map, check out this thread's top post.

Last edited by tannergx; May 15th, 2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Remains... updated
Old May 15th, 2011, 01:31 AM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker

You can submit up to two maps in that contest, personally I would go with Remains and Ruins. They look great!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All of these maps are very cool. Scout's Lookout is my favorite, but probably not the best for the contest do to being open and having those columns. I think it looks the coolest, but the other two probably play better.

But I'm glad to see you're making maps again, and with RotV too, which is a first.

Good luck in the contest and I hope your inspiration for new maps continues!

~Rednax

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios