Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

I don't think the Isadorans should be able to hit figures they cannot see. I really like the "look at glyph" part though. Beam Reinforcements is thematic and pretty cool. You can beam then in round 1, AE style, or use them mid-game as backup troops, or save them for the endgame. Very cool.

I like the Knanti Smasher. He feels like a big brute that would inhabit some cave a foolish explorer stumbled upon. All 3 powers work together well to make the Knanti a fierce, but easily manageable, opponent.
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

For X-Ray Scanner, in addition to the glyph-peek idea, perhaps you could use it as a counter to the Special Powers that remove visible hit zones (Scurry, Smoke Powder, Cloud of Darkness). Perhaps something like "If an Isadoran Explorer has a clear line of sight on a figure, it does not need a visible hit zone to attack."
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:41 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@ ace of spades
As much as I like your suggestion about making beam reinforcements like teleport reinforcements, I prefer the power the way it is. I think that might change the power so it can happen only after a Isodoran Explorer you control is attacked, or survives an attack. I think I will probably drop their ability to attack figures that they cannot see.

@Arch-vile
As I said above I will probably drop their ability to attack figures behind walls.

@ IshMEL
I like that idea. It seems more thematic than shooting through a wall.

Thank all of you for your comments. Unfortunately I probably will not be able to get to a computer that would be able to change the card for probably a week due to being on vacation.

So the Powers currently would be:

Beam Reinforcements
At the start of the game, you may choose three Isodorans you control to be your Reinforcements. Your Reinforcements do not start on the battlefield. Once per game, before initiative is rolled, you may place your Reinforcements on any empty spaces on the battlefield If at least one of your Isodoran Explorers have been attacked by an opponents figure during the game. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or any other figure.

X-ray Scanner
If an Isadoran Explorer has a clear line of sight of a figure, the attacking Isodoran Explorer does not need a visible hit zone to attack the figure. Before moving, if you have a Isodoran Explorer within 5 spaces of a Glyph that is Symbol Side up, you may look at the power side of that Glyph.
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got the card made though I think my time has expired.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:12 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I need some assistance coming up with a good point value for this guy. Only thing I can think of is 210 like Braxas but maybe he should be more expensive than that?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:30 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post

So I need some assistance coming up with a good point value for this guy. Only thing I can think of is 210 like Braxas but maybe he should be more expensive than that?
This is from TGRF's fanfic, right? Cool idea. I like this guy's special abilities; they fit neatly with the character.

I would definitely price him at more than 210, because as-is he has 1 less move than Braxas, but +1 attack/defense, the Sons of Braxas ability, and an Acid breath with better odds. I'd guess 230-250 or maybe even more. Improved Poisonous Acid Breath seems rather powerful - you can kill 3 heroes with only a 15+ each in one turn. Grimnak and Atlaga are the only units I can think of that have comparable odds, but only one in a turn, and one in a game with Atlaga. This will probably cause his cost to be bumped significantly.

Of couse, I haven't tried him yet, so these are just my initial thoughts. I think that this guy is really cool, and his abilities are kept simple, yet with many options. Nice job!
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks! Yeah he is definitely from TGRF's stories, had TGRF's help and approval of his power set so yeah definitely as close to legitimate as I can get him. I was thinking 240 points felt about right for me seem like a fair starting point?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds reasonable to me.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I would like to submit the Souls of Vengeance for review:

Einar
Common Squad
Undead
Spirit
Relentless

Life 1
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 3
60 Points

REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
Souls of Vengeance do not start the game on the battlefield. Instead, you may replace one of your destroyed figures with a Soul of Vengeance, if it is not a Soulborg, Construct, or Undead.

SOUL FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack Special. Instead of moving normally, choose an opponent's figure within 6 spaces. Move the Soul of Vengeance through that figure, ending on a previously empty space. Roll 2 attack dice. Each subsequent Soul Force Special Attack on the same figure this turn adds 1 attack die, to a maximum of 4 attack dice. Common figures roll 2 fewer defense dice. Soulborgs, Constructs, and Undead are not affected by Soul Force Special Attack.

ETHEREAL MOVEMENT
A Soul of Vengeance adds 3 defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When counting spaces for this unit's movement, ignore elevations. This unit may move over water without stopping, pass through figures without becoming engaged, and move through obstacles such as ruins.

Bio:
Ana Karithon hesitated before answering Einar's question. "Resurrection? It is possible, General. But such magics can be dangerous -- and the resulting creatures hard to control..." "You misunderstand me, Cleric. I do not want an army of gibbering ghouls or walking bones. I want my soldiers to be able to fight on, even after they have fallen. I want my soldiers to carry on the fight in the Next World -- and, perhaps, to tip the balance of battle here in Valhalla. Can you do that, Cleric?" Karithon nodded. "I cannot raise whole armies. But to bring back a few spirits, bent on revenge? Who could disrupt the very souls of our enemies in ethereal combat? That, General, I can do." "Good. I only hope it will be enough..." And thus did the armies of Einar release their weapon of strange magic: The Souls of Vengeance.

Figure: X-Ray Heroclix

Thanks for your feedback and advice!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
the above

Cool idea! Definately love the little backstory you included!

So some feedback first of all vengence sounds powerful enough that I think they should at least be an attack of two. (Though since the special gives em a base of two I see why you kept their normal attack lower.)

Now for some wording.

REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
Souls of Vengeance do not start the game on the battlefield. When a figure that an opponent controls destroy's one of your small or medium figures, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of the Souls of Vengeance. Undead are not affected by Revenge of the Fallen.

Added a size limit and the last line to make the power match more closely to other heroscape powers, its up to you if you want to keep those parts.

Range Special. Attack Special.
Instead of moving normally move the Souls of Vengeance up to six spaces each. If the Souls of Vengeance move through a figure roll two attack dice. If your second Soul of Vengeance moves through the same figure as the first Soul of Vengeance roll three attack dice. If your third Soul of Vengeance moves through the same figure as the first Soul of Vengeance roll four attack dice. Common Figures attacked by Soul Force Special Attack roll two less defense dice. Soulborgs, Constructs and Undead are not affected by Soul Force Special Attack.

Ethreal movement seems fine to me. I took wording from the Zettian Guards card for your Soul Force special attack. Definately a cool idea and I like it!

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback, William099!

I'm gonna have a lot of text to fit on this card.... Here's how I changed Revenge, based on your ideas:

REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
Souls of Vengeance do not start the game on the battlefield. When a figure that an opponent controls destroys one of your figures, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of the Souls of Vengeance. Soulborgs, Constructs and Undead figures are not affected by Revenge of the Fallen.

Mostly the same as yours, but I took out the size part. I figure large and huge figures have the same size "soul" as the others.

The Soul Force Special Attack is still tricky. I'm trying to condense the text while still keeping the meaning -- move up to six spaces, you have to go through an opponent, and land on a previously empty space. (This to prevent a "zero" move of going through an adjacent figure and ending back where you started.) Then roll 2 dice if it's the first attack on that figure this round, 3 dice for the second, 4 dice for all subsequent attacks. I guess it's complicated because the SOVs might be attacking different figures, or some might be using the Special Attack and some not. Well, anyway, here's my next attempt:

Range Special. Attack Special.
Instead of moving normally, move a Soul of Vengeance up to six spaces, passing through an opponent's figure, and ending on a previously empty space. If this is the first Soul Force Special Attack on that figure this round, roll two attack dice. If it is the second, roll three attack dice. If it is the third, roll four attack dice. Common Figures attacked by Soul Force Special Attack roll two less defense dice. Soulborgs, Constructs and Undead are not affected by Soul Force Special Attack.

Better? Still unclear? Should I break out the 4 point font?
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:33 PM
the above

Better I like your wording for soul force special attack much less clunky then what I came up with... for Revenge of the Falling use the wording "figures you control" not "one of your figures" its more standard with heroscape wording on other cards... definately quite well done overall I felt when you made that comment about same size souls though... I was like duh!! Ah well... can't be right all the time...

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards