Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Talking Filthy's Maps - Updated 2012-01-27

Skull Island
Requires 1 BFTU

Spoiler Alert!

End of the Line, Too
Requires 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA

Spoiler Alert!

2 Man Enter, 1 Man Leave.
Requires 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA

Spoiler Alert!

End of the Line
Requires 1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, and 1 RTFF

Spoiler Alert!

Medusa's Lair
Requires 1 BFTU, 1 FOTA, and 1 RTFF

Spoiler Alert!

Depression Bout
Requires 1 ROTV + 1 BFTU

Spoiler Alert!

Cold Season
Requires 1 BTFU, 1 FOTA, 1 RTFF, and 4 two-hex snow tiles

Spoiler Alert!

Bridge Below Ground
Requires 1 MS1 (ROTV), 1 BFTU, 1 FOTA (Fortress)

Spoiler Alert!

Bridge over the Riverbed...Die!
Requires 1 MS1 (ROTV), 1 FOTA (Fortress)

Spoiler Alert!

Treasure of the Cave Dwellers
Requires 1 BFTU (MS3)

Spoiler Alert!

When the Levee Breaks
Requires 1 MS1, 1 MS3, 1 Fortress

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; February 17th, 2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Fixed Skull Island broken image link.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Filthy's Maps

Eh, not bad. Wait for me to get a Fortress set and I'll see how it plays. But just by looking, it's got potential for balanced fun.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

That looks like a map where range would have a huge advantage. That's my first impression. I might try it sometime.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
Eh, not bad. Wait for me to get a Fortress set and I'll see how it plays. But just by looking, it's got potential for balanced fun.
The Fortress set is only needed for 4 road tiles, two of which have 3 ramparts added to the inward facing edges of the tiles (for each team, respectively). A variant of the map could replace the ramparts/road tiles with single hex tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
That looks like a map where range would have a huge advantage. That's my first impression. I might try it sometime.
Range has an initial advantage, but if both teams have ranged units, there is going to be a showdown on the hills, with the levee becoming a sort of no-man's land. That being said, there are paths around the outskirts of the hills that players can use for flanking maneuvers, or to avoid the levee if carnage ensues.

The Mohicans seem to shine on the map (with Venoc Warlord); with a move of 7, then can quickly get height...And Raelin has a nice, protected perch behind the ramparts. Large/Huge figures will have a bit of difficulty squeezing in some of the surrounding hill locations...But just enough to make it a bit of a challenge.
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Are you planning on posting any more maps?

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Are you planning on posting any more maps?
Hey Cat! I do, just as soon as I find the time run them through Virtualscape. Blasted reality keeps getting in the way of fun...
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:35 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
The Fortress set is only needed for 4 road tiles, two of which have 3 ramparts added to the inward facing edges of the tiles (for each team, respectively). A variant of the map could replace the ramparts/road tiles with single hex tiles.

Quote:
Range has an initial advantage, but if both teams have ranged units, there is going to be a showdown on the hills, with the levee becoming a sort of no-man's land. That being said, there are paths around the outskirts of the hills that players can use for flanking maneuvers, or to avoid the levee if carnage ensues.

The Mohicans seem to shine on the map (with Venoc Warlord); with a move of 7, then can quickly get height...And Raelin has a nice, protected perch behind the ramparts. Large/Huge figures will have a bit of difficulty squeezing in some of the surrounding hill locations...But just enough to make it a bit of a challenge.

Wow, i was just thinking that map was made for Mohicans when i saw your post, Mohicans are probably my favorite ranged squad, there just alot of fun to play, even if they may not be as competitive as the 4th or 10th.

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:56 PM

Updated with a new dungeon crawl-based map: Treasure of the Cave Dwellers. Please see the first post for map download and details.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:05 PM

Updated with a new 2 player map: Bridge over the Riverbed...Die! Please see the first post for map download and details.

Old June 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Updated with a new 2 player map: Bridge over the Riverbed...Die! Please see the first post for map download and details.

I recently made a map very similar to that.

Freaky.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-07-06

Added a new map.
Bridge Below Ground

More information is available on the first post of this thread.
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-07-06

The latest creation, Cold Season.

The map requires 1 BTFU, 1 FOTA, 1 RTFF, and 4 two-hex snow tiles (I used the tiles that came with my Roman Lego boosters/Wave 1). The map has plenty of LOS blockers to aid melee armies. Additionally, there are multiple avenues of approach to the enemy's start zone, but plenty of key choke points as well. The road tiles allow for speedy, perpendicular flanking maneuvers across the central portion of the map.

There are currently no glyphs associated with the map, but there are potential locations around the water tiles.

I have playtested the map with ranged vs melee, and it was an even split for both types. The snow tiles are great perches for ranged units and cheerleaders, but the trees and rock outcrops do an excellent job of blocking line of sight to advancing units. However, each flank allows for a convenient avenue for fast moving units, with potential choke points close to the water tiles.

The maps seems balanced, and allows for quick play or well-thought strategies...But I look forward to hearing about your testing and suggestions for improvement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios