Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old December 7th, 2006, 10:27 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Check it for yourself, thats what it says, but it also says that krug's average life left is 8

Even with +3 attack and defense, krug only wins about 60%

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 9th, 2006, 12:43 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
You have make sure you use "Braxas (no special)" against a large+ figure/squad. Or uncheck the Poison Acid Breath box yourself. So the result is:

Braxas vs Krug: Krug wins 91%.

If Krug were a medium figure, then yes, Braxas using Poison Acid Breath would win 85%. And remember the meaning of "krug's average life left is 8" is that in the event that Krug win, his average life left is 8; this makes sense in this hypothetical scenario considering Braxas is only attacking with an instant kill power.

And yes, updating the matchup calculator is still on my to-do-list. I have to add Wave 6 figures as well. I should have time (finally!) to do it later this week, because final exams will be over by then (yay).
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Still working on this mathguy?

This has got to be the single best tool for quick testing and tweaking customs, if you know how to use it.
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:10 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja
Still working on this mathguy?

This has got to be the single best tool for quick testing and tweaking customs, if you know how to use it.
I'm glad you find it useful.

Yes, the matchup calculator updates are on my to-do list.
I'm only partway through Wave 5 in my updates. I haven't had any free time for the last 4 months. I've been giving my math research top priority lately (working on some cool stuff). But perhaps I might have some free time next week during spring break.
Old April 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Wow, mathguy. I just found this. It's sweet! Thanks for the work!

BTW, I couldn't find Thorian Speed. It calculated Drake losing to the Kravs 88% of the time. I don't see it happening that often.
Old April 7th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejkl
Wow, mathguy. I just found this. It's sweet! Thanks for the work!

BTW, I couldn't find Thorian Speed. It calculated Drake losing to the Kravs 88% of the time. I don't see it happening that often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Matchup Calculator Website Disclaimer
Remember, it is up to the user to use this calculator wisely. This calculator does not take into account of range or movement. So all battles are either melee vs melee or range vs range. A better way of thinking of it is you are assuming both sides get to use the attacks and abilities that you give them. You must interpret the results appropriately. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to matchup certain abilities. For example, the Ullar Rifle special is only good for ranged duels, so it doesn't make sense to match that against say melee figures. Remember also, that in addition to using official figures, feel free to customize your own figures (within reason!).
You need to set it up so its a melee vs melee battle. The KMA need to be adjacent to attack him (because of Thorian Speed) and he needs to be adjacent to attack them, taking that into account, Stealth Dodge is null and void so you would need to uncheck it.

If you uncheck Stealth Dodge, Drake wins mearly 60% of the time.
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Got it. Thanks, Nether. I usually miss details like that, unfortunately.
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:18 AM
math olympian

The updates with Wave 5, Sir Hawthorne, Flagbearers, and Wave 6 are finally done! Yay. It's been bugging me that I haven't had time to update the matchup calculator til now. Check it out (link in first post).

During graduation Saturday, while sitting in the cold windy city outdoors, I thought about how best to efficiently calculate the probabilities now that the Valkyrie dice can monkey with the individual dice probabilities. I settled on something efficient, and redid a key part of the program.
As always, let me know if you find any bugs or suspicious behavior.

Again, it is up to the user to check/uncheck boxes as appropriate.

Cheers.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nifty - thanks!

~Aldin, who can only win against the Venocs and even then only with initiative

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Fantastic news! Thanks Mathhero!
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:27 PM
math olympian

Okay, I just uploaded the latest version. (Minor fixes)
So the Shades of Bleakewood, by skipping their regular attack, becomes only the second unit to have a better than 50% chance of beating Krug.
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy
So the Shades of Bleakewood, by skipping their regular attack, becomes only the second unit to have a better than 50% chance of beating Krug.
beating as in Soul Devouring. ha, i knew it. more evidence that the power ranking for Shades on Spider's thread should be increased.

thanks for getting this updated, especially with the twists that Valkyrie Dice must have added to the algorithms.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software