Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM

ifstream Woo who?
Re: 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rumble

I am getting excited about this. I already have three of the 9 maps built.
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:57 AM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneSnap View Post
Hey guys, I've got to ask a quick favor. Does anyone have a pair of ten Fire Elementals we could borrow?
Yep.

I'm really hoping Mista and varidice can make it. Mista especially, since he's done well at the previous events.
Nah, we only need 2 -- we've got the other 10 already . No, really, all I can say is that they aren't for my army. My army is a much more confusing mass of random figures. I even found a Gorillanator in it the other day, though I've yet to figure out why…

Thanks for spotting us, dok.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Hey, I gotta ask this, would people deem it acceptable to use, for example Utagr Valkyrie Dice instead of Ullar, or The round marker instead of the Grenade marker, or three grenade markers instead of Bloodlust markers? I ask this simply because tourney approaches and I suddenly can't find an essential part of my army equipment.
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Hey, I gotta ask this, would people deem it acceptable to use, for example Utagr Valkyrie Dice instead of Ullar, or The round marker instead of the Grenade marker, or three grenade markers instead of Bloodlust markers? I ask this simply because tourney approaches and I suddenly can't find an essential part of my army equipment.
Yes, all of those would be fine.
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Thanks for the answer dok, that just saved me a huge freakout.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quoted from the thread about prize support:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Just got New England's prize support. And what a surprise! Wow! Thanks a ton Ry!
Yeah you guys were well over 30 peeps....I switched out the Marvel for Rise and threw in some extra.

I wanted to do more for the bigger events, but I didn’t want to send two boxes. I did send Tree Town 2 boxes because they got well over 60 people.

For the rest, for shipping reasons, it was more efficient to upgrade the contents of the box rather than send another box.

Most events got SotM, Marvel, Castle...a few events got more

I'm just going to let everyone know that we got more.
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've just finished the last of my maps as well as marking the start zones. I hope nobody minds that I made a few minor changes on some of the maps. On one it was because I didn't have another move +2 glyph so I put an initive +8 glyph instead. On a few of the other maps it was cosmetic changes that basicly made an "almost symetrical" map into a fully symetrical map, that was both sides are completely equal. Two examples of this are Swamp Helix that I made with two doorways instead of just one and Fossile, which now has two large trees instead of just one and the Hive. I only have one Hive anyway and it is supposed to be a figure. Also I am one ruin short, either small or large, of making one map symetrical. if someone brings one along I can make that map that way as well.

Also, now that I have it assembled, I think that glyphs do not belong on Can't See the Jungle. Not only do they add nothing to the map, I think they do more harm than good. already all but I think two map have glyphs. If there are no objections I'm removing the glyphs from that map.

Last edited by Cyborgs Gaming; October 13th, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Also I am one ruin short, either small or large, of making one map symetrical. if someone brings one along I can make that map that way as well.
I'll toss a ruin in my stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
Also, now that I have it assembled, I think that glyphs do not belong on Can't See the Jungle. Not only do they add nothing to the map, I think they do more harm than good. already all but I think two map have glyphs. If there are no objections I'm removing the glyphs from that map.
Fine by me.
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:31 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is it it bad that I cant decide on an arm!? But seriously it sounds like a lot of fun, cant wait till saturday.
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Is it it bad that I cant decide on an army!?
Is this what you meant? Yeah, I think that would be a downside. As someone might say, "Go through dozens of builds, stress about it, freak out, tear out your hair, then go with one of your original 3 builds."
Old October 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM

ifstream Woo who?

I have not decided on an army either. On one of my maps I have yet to find one of my double lava rock hex tile. I am still looking but I am one short.
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM

In past events i've made 5 or 6 armies and playtested them against each other. I have gone with the best performing one. I've found though that when I don't do this and just build an army and play it then I seem to do better. This time I built an army, I've made no changes to it, and I've only played it against people that wanted to test out an army for this event. I hope it will do very well but I will win a nice prize even if it doesn't.

Not very many of those that have attended events here in the past have confirmed if they are going to be attending or not. All three of the past events have had 11 people and I was planning on that or possibly more. It could be only 5 or 6 though. I just don't know what is going on with these people, they just aren't communicating. I think most of them just don't like planning for things and don't want to have to decide until the last minute.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day