Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

I've had a lot of fun with

Minions x2 - 220 (1 squad proxied by Emperium which doesn't actually look as good but...)
Runa - 120
Sgt Drake Sotm - 160

Compact army that really packs a punch.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 13th, 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I actually have a winning record with this army - which is saying something.
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post

Minions x2 - 220 (1 squad proxied by Emperium which doesn't actually look as good but...)
Runa - 120
Sgt Drake Sotm - 160

That's 510; Sgt Drake is 170.

Old September 19th, 2012, 04:53 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post

Runa - 120
Sgt Drake Sotm - 160

That's 510; Sgt Drake is 170.
Maybe that's why I do better with that army than normal.

Edit: We gotta start using the official cards again. Our recreations obviously have issues.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 19th, 2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Have to go and check my cards...
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:01 AM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

Took these guys out for a spin earlier today (I always use the figures I newly acquire ASAP). Was a standard 400 point game. I ran Taelord, Minions x2 against my brothers Samurai pod. Kaemon awa, tagawa samurai and T.S archers x2 (added Theracus for filler). And wow I was shocked at the results I really thought the samurai would clean house. To my surprise it was just the opposite. With Taelords Aura they were near unstoppable. In round one Kaemon shot down 2 minions with one OM. As my units were still out of range to attack and advancing..that would be the last kills he had for the rest of the game. From then on it was a massacre. I managed to get my minions on height while still benefiting from Taelords Aura. Even with counter strike, nothing mattered. They ripped Kaemon apart inside of 1 round and dismantled the T.Samurai just as easy. Didn't stand a chance. I finally got too see how powerful these guys really are...and WOW was I impressed.
Old December 26th, 2012, 03:04 AM

Round 2 proxy. Paired the same army above plus Runa for 520 PTS vs. one of my personal favorite armies. Braxas, rhodgar, green scales x2, black Wyrmling x2 500 total. I thought this would be a fairly good match up. As long as I could engage braxas quickly and take her down. Well this didn't happen and as most of might have guessed...Braxas dominated the board. I was hoping towards the end I could pull some magic off with Runa...no such luck, wasn't close. At then end braxas had 2 wounds (a few were healed by R.D.S), rhodgar wasn't touched and three green scales remained. ----> Domination...
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea, Braxas is probably one of the minions' worst matchups, considering their point cost and high defense vs the queen's chances to melt 2-3 of them per turn, due to no defense dice involved with her power.

On a side note, Runa probably won't do much for you in the average game
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Yea, Braxas is probably one of the minions' worst matchups, considering their point cost and high defense vs the queen's chances to melt 2-3 of them per turn, due to no defense dice involved with her power.
Absolutely, I think Braxas is probably the VERY worst matchup conceivable for the minions. Even with a slight point advantage they all got slaughtered. My plan to engage Braxas quickly failed as they could not get past the Green Scale screen. Flying is great, but that move of 4 really slows them down
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Try using Atlaga instead of Runa. The movement boost helps the Minions more than any other kyrie, IMO.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

I must ditto Hogg's recommendation of Atlaga. With 5 move, the Minions are STRONG.

However...I have played my last tournament with them. Invariably, they blow away my opponent, or drop like flies. My best finish was 5th in a field of 53 with 3x Minions, Atlaga, Marro Warriors, Marcu, and Isamu.

AW

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:47 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

How many squads of MoU do you guys shoot for in your collection? I just found I had 5 squads. I like big point C3G games (heroes vs. Utgar is always fun) but still, 5 squads might be too many since these guys are a little pricey.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

For collecting purposes, I shoot for 5 of everything. As for army building, I find that x3 of most squads is plenty.

-insert signature here-
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
I must ditto Hogg's recommendation of Atlaga. With 5 move, the Minions are STRONG.

However...I have played my last tournament with them. Invariably, they blow away my opponent, or drop like flies. My best finish was 5th in a field of 53 with 3x Minions, Atlaga, Marro Warriors, Marcu, and Isamu.

AW
Wow, Anubian retiring the Minions. Dallas gamedays will never be the same...

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units