Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Old June 19th, 2023, 03:16 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Let's talk strategy: GREEN

The final entry of my tiering and discussion series on the AotP colors, here are the high range, uncivilized savages of AotP! Personally, I find green to be the strongest color. It is similar to red in that it looks to move pretty quickly across the map and roll lots of attack dice, but green trades away direct damage spells for extra range utility, which IMO is a net win. Combining big move and attack dice with higher range gives the player the tools they need to burst down the most important targets, as long as the combat dice don't totally hate you, anyway. I'd argue that only blue can pull off crazier high range + movement shenanigans than green can, but often at less power than what green is capable of.

Video of my thoughts on green, and naturally, I tackle each spell card and army card in-depth. Enjoy the first ~7 minutes to get a good idea of what I think of green in general!

Tier list for green's spell cards:

Spoiler Alert!

Tier list for green's army cards:

Spoiler Alert!

For me, green adds up to the winning formula. Their Planeswalkers have huge range which allows them to generally remain safe from threats and behind their creatures for protection. There are many spells in green which can make their Planeswalker and/or their squads a threat at almost any given time, and the Kessig Rangers are EXTREMELY OPPRESSIVE, especially in dual-color builds. With some patience in using green's powerful key cards like Primeval Light, Overrun, Snare the Skies, and Titanic Growth, I think it is the most consistent color.

I think my recent AotP Tabletop Simulator tournament supports/proves my stance: All 4 of the participants signed up with armies that were at least 1 part green (2 Nissa armies, 1 Kiora army, and 1 Arlinn army which won the tourney) and we had no restrictions other than those which already exist in the rulebook!

What do you think about green?
Old July 14th, 2023, 10:37 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Let's talk strategy: GREEN

I've watched a few of your videos in this series. Very well done. Now I just need to get the game off the shelf and actually play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old July 15th, 2023, 03:30 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Let's talk strategy: GREEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I've watched a few of your videos in this series. Very well done. Now I just need to get the game off the shelf and actually play it.
Glad you have enjoyed!

If you're itching to play with other AotP fans, you should jump into our discord! We're looking to hold 1-2 AotP tournaments before the year ends. We've been doing some extensive online AotP games and playtests on Roll20 - it's played for free on web browser, and gets the job done pretty well! If you are familiar with Heroscape's google doc online interface, this is done pretty similarly.

https://discord.gg/xDg9YUCE2V

We will also release our first customs set in due time - complete with new figures + spells for each color, new interactive terrain, rules, and scenarios!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles