Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

I went 3-2 with stingers x5, Raelin, Isamu, Marcu. My two losses came from KC and Father of Julian.

KC did two things very well:
1. He anticipated that there won't be many special attacks because of the low points of the armies, making the Mezzos a viable option. His one loss was to Father of Julian's Cyprien/ PK / Krav army. Cyprien kept using chilling touch on the Mezzos and bypassed the exoskeletons. Without a special attack in my army, I had a very hard time. I burned though all of the exoskeletons, but I ran out of juice before I could kill many Mezzos after that.
2. He played the Mezzos quite well. Backed up by Raelin, they were a %&*#@ to kill. He put them right in my face, tying up choke points and engaging my figures on height, leaving me little hope of getting to his Raelin or the Mezzos out of her aura. If I managed to "kill" one, and he liked where it was, he just used an exoskeleton. If I killed one that wan't in a good location for him, he let it die. This let him maximize the exoskeletons and really take control of the board. Well played!

I had a blast! My two losses were both epic battles (It seems like every time I play FoJ it's an epic battle ). The three I won were fun too, but it's nice to say I enjoyed my losses also. It was great to see a lot of familiar faces as well as meet some new people. The format was fun and refreshing. I now have two beautiful Heroscape shirts and knowledge of a new tourney format. Thanks to Matt for putting it all together! Well worth the drive!

If anyone is around Cincinnati on 11/5, I'm running a General Wars tourney. See the link in my sig for details!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old October 16th, 2011, 05:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks again everyone for making the trip down to Columbus for NHSD. The event ran smoothly and everyone managed to get in at least 5 games in the four window that we had. TurkeyClubSamich managed a most impressive feat of nine games in less then four hours!

Point differential was huge for killercactus and the Mezzodemons with their exoskeleton markers were a big reason for that.

Here are the armies that everyone played. I'll put this in the order that they placed:

1st place - killercactus (5-1, 4 win differential) - Mezzodemons x5, Raelin, Isamu

2nd place - Wookie (5-1, 4 win differential) - Nilfheim, Marro Warriors, 2 Marrden Hounds*

3rd place - TurkeyClubSamich (6-3, 3 win differential) - Raelin(SOTM), Cyprien, Sonya, Krav Maga Agents

4th place - Deroche (4-1, 3 win differential) - Q9, Deathreaversx2, Raelin, Marro Warriors, Marcu

Father of Julian Cyprien, Phantom Knights x2, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu

phantazmz1zero Cyprien, Sonya, Stingers x3, Rats x1

Fedex Worker Capt America, 4th Massx2, Eldgrim

RaudulferSheildcrusher Venom, Stingers x4, Marcus

Jordan Tor-Ka-Na, Su-Sa-Ga, Nagrubs

Nathan Wright Axegrindersx4, Migol, Isamu, Otonashi

Donald Bugg Jr (izzadizza) Marcus, Legionnaires x3, 10th Regx2

Ken S Kurrok, Raelin, Fire Elemental x6

Moxilla Marcu, Red Wyrm x6, Black Wyrm x7

Nirek Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipersx3, Aubrien Archersx2, Sahaugian Raider

Lettucemode
Marro Hive, Marro Drones x 5

Pickle4192 Isamu, Venoc Warlord, Aubrien Archersx4

stormshadow Atlaga, Omnicron Snipers, Protectors of Ullar x2

Johnnylama (aka John) Stingers x5, Raelin, Isamu, Marcu

Triston Whited (rollitontop) Braxus, Greenscales x2, Raelin

saxnanja88 Greenscales x3, Nilfheim, Marro Warriors

Nick Perine Cyprien, Warforged Soldiers x3, Sahugian Raider

Kevin Ward Stingers x5, Raelin, Guilty

Grenade lobbyist

Last edited by MattserTruckRally; October 16th, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: *<3 Marrden Hounds
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks everyone for an awesome tournament. Hoping for another one next year!
Old October 17th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Even though I placed 5th, and I'm very happy with that, I had a devastating loss to Jordan (my son no less) where I didn't kill one single figure in his army. Not one. His only losses were Nagrubs he consumed to heal, and that was only two of the six he had. My army was slaughtered. I was crushed. He will talk about that win for months.
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Well I had a devastating loss to Jorden (RS's son no less) where I only killed a squad of Nagrubs. Even though Tor -Kul-Na's Trample Stomp had little affect on my team, his strong stats schooled me. Even worse, it was my own map.
My closest game was with Izzadizza, using a Marcus build. It came down to my last 2 M Warriors finishing off his last 10th. Awesome game.
The army I used (Nilf, MW & 2 M Hounds) had preformed well together. I usually started off with the Hounds who were fast & durable. An under rated unit.

I want to thank..
-Mattster for running a fast, well run tournament. I loved the format, considering you could play a lot in a short amount of time.
-Princie, FOJ & Storm Shadow for giving me a beautiful HS shirt & getting me there.
-Johnnylama for being "The Man".
-My fellow Scapers for giving me some great games & awsome company.

See you all soon.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; October 17th, 2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM

TurkeyClubSamich is surprisingly tart

NHSD was awesome. I brought this team:
Krav Maga Agents
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Raelin (SOTM)
My third place finish at 6-3 (the most games played in the tournament), which I was quite pleased with, can be credited to a few factors. First of all, KMAs are still ballers after all these years. Secondly, I tailored my team for speed in a couple ways, one obvious, and one more subtle. Obviously, Cyprien is simply the fastest moving unit in the game (unless you count Hulk or that weird teleporting Marro dude), and his chilling touch makes for potential instant impact. However, it was the addition of Raelin SOTM that really made my team work in this format, I believe.

I want to give a shout out right now to IzzalDizzalfor helping me think outside the box in building this team and getting up the nerve to bring what is widely considered to be the inferior Raelin.

Considering the emphasis placed on finishing games quickly, I immediately in my brainstorming process considered Cyprien for his stealth flying 8 move and the KMAs for their ridiculous 13 space threat range. I was considering rounding out the final 120 available points on my team with a Fen Hydra, figuring the 4 attacks might accelerate the pace of the game. However, the temptation to use a defense aura to combo with the KMA's stealth dodge was too great, despite the fact that Raelin is generally (rightly) thought of as anti-tempo. I originally thought to field Raelin ROTV, but with a 415 point cap, I was left with 40 points and few options (one set of rats would slow things down). So IzzalDizzal suggested I use the 120 point rendition of Raelin.
In my own experience with Raelin ROTV and in watching others use her, it seems common for people to move her once or twice a game (that is, unless the endgame is reached and most other units are off the board and you have to use her offensively). With the extended defense aura, I would simply place Raelin SOTM front and center, moving my KMAs and vampire in front of her with the freedom to spread out to maximize the KMAs effectiveness while still gaining the defense bonus. All this while moving Raelin between zero and one time per game. I find that what you gain from sacrificing the extra defense die (the significance of which I do not mean to understate) is mobility and tempo. It just so happens that those two elements were at a premium in this rolling rumble tournament format. I'm super pleased to have found a use for what is generally thought of as a marginal unit in constructed competitive Heroscape.

Thanks again to MattserTruckRally for running the event and to all the Heroscape faithful that came out this year. I'm gonna try my hardest to make it to the Cincy General Wars tournament. Cheers.
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As soon as I get a chance, I'll post pics.
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM

hangred Woo who?

Looks like there was a decent amount of the D&D squads in the armies. Sorry that I missed this tournament. I've had only one game of Heroscape in the last year or so.
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry I missed it too. Anyone up for a game on November or December in Cleveland? I suggest trying to redo either the Reverse the Whip tourney I was planning before Gencon or the Army Auction event KC was planning for his birthday - both of which got canceled due to low attendance. I know there is not nearly the demand as even a year ago, but maybe a dozen people or so would come "if we built it"
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sorry I missed it too. Anyone up for a game on November or December in Cleveland? I suggest trying to redo either the Reverse the Whip tourney I was planning before Gencon or the Army Auction event KC was planning for his birthday - both of which got canceled due to low attendance. I know there is not nearly the demand as even a year ago, but maybe a dozen people or so would come "if we built it"
I'd be interested in coming, but only if its in Cleveland

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think I'm going to try to host an event in Warren on December 3rd.

Here's a link to the thread - C3V Reverse the Rumble

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I haven't been to a tourney but do any of you guys notice that we're a week away from Matt's original post last year? If someone's running one, I may be able to make it there...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day