Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:28 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I really could see Cap and Iron Man's costs being reversed, though. I think what's important with Iron Man is just to keep him out of engagement as long as you can (though there are a lot of figures in the Marvel Masterset with tons of killer range).
Keeping him out of engangement is not so easy... as you said... almost everyone has range.

The two biggies that don't have range, Hulk and Abomination, have a travel range of 10 and even with the lowered attack following the leap, will still have a chance to hurt Iron man. On the next attack both will put a serious hurt on him.

Part of the problem is there is no way for him to get away easily. Maybe they could have increased the range of his attack. That would better justify the points.

Also maybe I could justify his cost if you gave him the ability to carry medium or small figures on a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGreyOwl
I've had really good luck with Iron Man. He never fails to deliver some serious damage. I wonder what we're doing differently as far as how we use him?
In the game I played he was kept back and used to take out abomination when abomination had high ground. Against the seven defense abomination was tossing Iron Man's two sets of 4 dice were not cutting the mustard.

He stayed at bay the whole time but just could not punch threw anyone he needed to. He also took some shots at Thanos but was not able to do much.
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I usually try to use him from height advantage, and not usually against figures with extremely high defense (like Abomination). I've found the he helps quite a bit against Spider-Man and Venom, because he gets two chances against their Spider-Sense (assuming they don't swing out of range for the second attack). I do try to keep him moving, out of range of whoever he is attacking, and with a height advantage if possible. It's also nice if you can get him adjacent to, but much higher than, a figure with a range of 1. That way you can blast them without being in as much danger.
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I usually try to use him from height advantage, and not usually against figures with extremely high defense (like Abomination). I've found the he helps quite a bit against Spider-Man and Venom, because he gets two chances against their Spider-Sense (assuming they don't swing out of range for the second attack). I do try to keep him moving, out of range of whoever he is attacking, and with a height advantage if possible. It's also nice if you can get him adjacent to, but much higher than, a figure with a range of 1. That way you can blast them without being in as much danger.
You make a very good point about his usefulness against Venom and Spidy. Him getting height without anyone able to get next to him... can't see that happening.

Not on the Maps they provide.

Not easily.
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Iron Man might also benefit from mixing in some regular Heroscape terrain. Keep in mind these characters were costed to make them fully compatible with regular Heroscape.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Unless you're skyknight.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:27 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
You make a very good point about his usefulness against Venom and Spidy. Him getting height without anyone able to get next to him... can't see that happening.

Not on the Maps they provide.

Not easily.
No, not on the maps that are in the Marvel rulebook. I was think of other maps, where you might be adjacent but 10+ levels higher. And IAmBatman is right, Iron Man works great against a lot of the classic HS figures, since many of them don't have flying or an extremely high defense.
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:48 PM

I am going to play a bunch more scenarios as is out of the box before I start breaking them into the regular sets.

When I do mix them you can be sure that the first map will be dooms castle.
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM

riledguy, try using him this way (I did this last night). Even on the Marvel maps, there are a few elevated areas. I used the Tribeca Labs map, and placed Iron Man on the two-space cement that is raised up one level. Put Captain America next to him. Now, when dealing with people around him, Iron Man has a double attack of 6 each and a defense of 8. I think that's pretty powerful by most standards.
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
riledguy, try using him this way (I did this last night). Even on the Marvel maps, there are a few elevated areas. I used the Tribeca Labs map, and placed Iron Man on the two-space cement that is raised up one level. Put Captain America next to him. Now, when dealing with people around him, Iron Man has a double attack of 6 each and a defense of 8. I think that's pretty powerful by most standards.
I do often have iron-man next to Captain America when I am playing with both. I used that low map you are talking about on saturday for about 3 or 4 battles.

Problem is there is no way I could get both of them up there. The guy I was playing with would fill the second spot just as I did and would do when he would go for one of the two high spots.

Especially in one game where I got both Thanos and Silver Surfer on the building ruin. At that point I had game.

After that there was really no way I was going to hold the two adjacent high spots and there is no way he would.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion