Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:59 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament Sept 7th, 2013

Multiplayer

MADNESS!!!

Maps will be smaller than above, but the
excitement will be GINORMOUS

310 Pts
16 Hexes

This month we will be trying out a format that has proved VERY popular at the Maryland tournaments!

Copied from their event -

Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 5-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

310 Pts
16 Hexes
No Marvel

C3V and SOV allowed!

Partial Card Scoring
55 Minute rounds
12 -5ish PM Bring snacks!
$5 Registration Fee (goes toward prizes)

Potential Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
El Diabolo
Deroche
Megasilver
Necroblade
Naesalla
Kretius
Cybely
Naesalla Friend
VideoSayyge
Major Q23
Micah

Maybe:
Orgsbane

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; September 2nd, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:43 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Sept 7th, 2013

It's Madness!!!

Old August 10th, 2013, 05:12 AM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

So far I know I'm going, and Kretius, Cybely, and Ragnarok are all attending. Some of them have accounts on here now so they can speak for themselves but that's the info I have so far.
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whoa. This will be crazy! I have a feeling that bringing a strong army means you will get wiped out... But bring to weak of an army and you'll be pretty darn ineffective. I hope I can make it!
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Also sweet that Naesalla and Crew posted asap after this went up, and Ragnarok is on here right now!
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

What happens if a figure leaves the board but is not destroyed? Say Mok's card or the Marro Gnids? Are the opponent's permanently denied those points, or do they get the figures as points when the figure they're on is destroyed?
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Due to the limitations of space within the shop, I am going to suggest that all the maps be 4 player except for one. This will make sure we are able to handle an odd number of players, yet use space as efficiently as possible.

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
What happens if a figure leaves the board but is not destroyed? Say Mok's card or the Marro Gnids? Are the opponent's permanently denied those points, or do they get the figures as points when the figure they're on is destroyed?
Those need to count toward partial card scoring for the player who caused the action to happen. It may be a bit complicated, so if you want a less fiddly day of scoring I highly recommend you avoid builds with units like that in them.

Fortunately scoring just leads to table points. So this may only be an issue a couple of times throughout the day.

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Those need to count toward partial card scoring for the player who caused the action to happen. It may be a bit complicated, so if you want a less fiddly day of scoring I highly recommend you avoid builds with units like that in them.

Fortunately scoring just leads to table points. So this may only be an issue a couple of times throughout the day.
I know when someone snipes them off Mok's shoulders, they get the points for the Dwarves. I would imagine that if Mok fell with with Dwarves on his shoulders, then whoever killed Mok would also get the partial points for the Dwarves. Same with the Gnids.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

Do you get/deny points for self destruction? Say my jotun steps into the lava, do I get 225?
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naesalla View Post
Do you get/deny points for self destruction? Say my jotun steps into the lava, do I get 225?
No points for self-injury! Would hate to encourage that type of playing!

Now if you opponent takes control of Marcu and lava bathes them... well then they do get the points. Mindshackle from NGS also counts as destruction, the figure does not need to be destroyed for the points to count.

Old August 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naesalla View Post
No points for self-injury! Would hate to encourage that type of playing!

Now if you opponent takes control of Marcu and lava bathes them... well then they do get the points. Mindshackle from NGS also counts as destruction, the figure does not need to be destroyed for the points to count.
The other part of Naesalla's question though is point denial. If you are winning by a certain margin. It may still be beneficial to destroy your own figure in order to deny your opponent the points even if you yourself aren't getting them.

As an extreme example: i am up by 150 points with jotun left vs. Atlaga. It would probably be a better move to kill your own jotun via lava and win on points then risk losing via Witherwood.

(When I play multiplayer games with the partial damage killed rules, any self inflicted wounds get distributed evenly amongst the surviving players. So if it's a 4 player game and i would kill my own jotun, each player gets 225/3 points (75) if the other 3 are still alive. In my atlaga example, if it were down to 2 players, then the one player would get all 225)

(EDIT: we also consider using gnids or dwarven gunners as 'self inflicted' destruction. So when those figures are removed from the board then the points for destroying them are split between the opponents.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events