Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Sports Discussion - NBA

This is the first season in MANY years that I am legitimately worried about my Kings' playoff chances.
I am glad they got rid of Adelman (the man simply did not coach), but losing Bonzi was a huge blow.

They look so bad on offense, the other team has a better chance to score when the Kings have the ball than the Kings do.

On the plus side, our defense is pretty darn solid this year, so it's hard to say whether they'll learn some new offensive plays to keep them in games.
A pick and roll would help - almost every team in the NBA relies on it, and we don;t even try it.

ummm... I posted this 15th.
Somehow it got marked as the 1st post in the thread. ???
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Did anybody else see the Bulls punch the Heat in the mouth the other night? It was brutal, and I loved it.

Mark my words,(Nov 3, 06) but, barring any huge injury, the Bulls are gonna be there at the end.

I say that as a HUGE Bucks fan.
Man, I hate that their in our division.
The Central is tough, Pistons, Bulls, Pacers(maybe not so much anymore) the improved Cavs.
The new look Bucks are going to be in the too, I hope.

Reaper, any friendly bets on Saturdays game?

Edit: I posted this 16th, and I'm 2nd.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Did anybody else see the Bulls punch the Heat in the mouth the other night? It was brutal, and I loved it.

Mark my words,(Nov 3, 06) but, barring any huge injury, the Bulls are gonna be there at the end.

The Central is tough, Pistons, Bulls, Pacers(maybe not so much anymore) the improved Cavs.
The new look Bucks are going to be in the mix too, I hope.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah

The new look Bucks are going to be in the mix too, I hope.

Yeah, I bet ya $20 that the Kings will lose to the Bulls on the Bulls' opening night.

I think it is BS that the Kings EVERY YEAR are forced to open up 3 teams home floor seasons.
I don;t know how many years this is in a row, but it seems like every year the Kings have to start the season out in a hole, because they played their first 3 games against other teams' opening home nights.

And we all know teams usually win on their home openers - I'll bet it's upwards of 75% win rate for the home team.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Sports: NBA

Here it is, what you've all been clamouring for (yes, that is sarcasm), a thread on which to opine all things NBA.

Nuggets fan here, didn't get to watch their opener last night, but I thought they were going to handle the Clippers easily. Which, reading the recap, it seems that they were on their way to doing when Carmelo Anthony fouled out in the third. Also of note, Andre Miller was 0-11 from the floor and Martin 3-8 from the line and they let Tim Thomas hit three threes at the end of the game before Cassell got a make up call to sink the winning free throws.

So hopefully this is just a game that they tanked and not a sign of trends to follow. We'll (or more accurately, I suppose, "I will") see...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Shouldn't this be elsewhere? How does it relate to Heroscape?!

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
The only thing that makes me think is Anthony fouling out in the third (I just saw that it was a 2nd technical, not a 6th foul). I think there are some question marks hanging over the Nuggets, but that can be said of most teams. I liked what I saw of the Jazz's opener. I'm also curious to see how Amare Stoudemire does this year.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Once he ditches the cape, Acolarh might have a career in the NBA. He seems tall enough, and elves are pretty light on their feet. Might need a haircut, though.

And can elves dunk?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
The only thing that makes me think is Anthony fouling out in the third (I just saw that it was a 2nd technical, not a 6th foul). I think there are some question marks hanging over the Nuggets, but that can be said of most teams. I liked what I saw of the Jazz's opener. I'm also curious to see how Amare Stoudemire does this year.
I think Amare is gonna do fine. The Suns have one of the top five squads in the game today. It's hard to beat Nash, Marion, Amare, and about 8 other good solid players(Barbarosa, Diop). As long as the Jazz have Andrei Kirilenko, I think they are gonna be in good shape. I think he is one of the most under-rated players in the NBA. His game is very very solid. Guy can take it anywhere. Strong on D, and can score from either inside or outside. Plus, he used to sport a Mohawk. I unfortunantly am a Knicks fan, and boy do they stink. Highest payroll, and nothing to show for it. I HATE Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Uprising, did the local media say anything about what Thomas was smoking when he pulled the trigger on the trade that brought Francis to New York? Marbury and Francis on the same team is absolute genius. It's like he's screaming at the top of his lungs, "FIRE ME".
Old November 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
I myself am a rockets fan. I was suprized about our opening game. I think Yao needs to stop going easy on these guys and play his top game. This guy should be a moster on the court. He has about 4 inches on Shaq and that sayin sumthin. Yao should be getting about 25 rebounds and 30+ points every game with all that power he has. Well that just my

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
GO GRIZZLIES!!!

Great opening game, bad final score.

We lost to the stinking Knicks!

Bannister

PS No offense meant Uprising

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV