Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Playtesting Sign-up

It's not a mix up so much as it is a conversation.

Words are so delicate, and the differences matter... We'll be in touch soon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Taeblewalker, this figure isn't in the Public Information Thread...
That's what I guessed. I researched that figure myself for a custom.
Yeah, Viegon told me they were having a bit of a mix-up in the Sanctum.
It would be great to get confirmation, due to the seemingly limited availability of the Ravenloft version and the high price of the painted D&D version. I love the figure, but I probably won't invest in one unless C3V is definitely going to use it.
If unpainted figures are now on the table, will you add a painting tutorial? Unpainted figs open up a lot of possibilities, like a realistic multi-sculpt Skeleton Cavalry squad. Also, Dust Tactics Gorillinator Brawlers... (my year-old suggestion)
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's not a mix up so much as it is a conversation.

Words are so delicate, and the differences matter... We'll be in touch soon.
I should hope so. The figure actually wouldn't be that difficult to paint, with a guide, or just thrown a dark wash on. . Hate to see wires crossed here, especially on a design so important to 'Scape canon.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

It is a beautiful figure. But wow. It is very expensive. Not normal for C3V.

Even the unpainted version seems hard to find....

The future of scape is players like us who support a community like this - with new maps, scenarios and events. Playing scape. Not buying scape...

Quick-Set-Up Map Thread The Principles of War
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Indeed. Auggies was the only reasonable place I found to purchase the figure, and it's now out of stock...
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Attention:

The sculpt for the unit NIDHOG has seriously dwindled in availability since the sculpt and design were approved by the C3V ERB Team. Because of this, the unit NIDHOG is being put on hold until a more suitable miniature can be found. With this, we will not be accepting any more Public Playtesters for NIDHOG; any Public Playtester who is already signed-up for NIDHOG is allowed (even encouraged) to continue their playtesting for NIDHOG, as a change of miniature will not likely change the design.

Thanks to all public members who voiced their concern about this miniature and who brought this issue to our attention.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
The sculpt for the unit NIDHOG has seriously dwindled in availability since the sculpt and design were approved by the C3V ERB Team. Because of this, the unit NIDHOG is being put on hold until a more suitable miniature can be found...
Given how great the Ravenloft/D&D dracolich sculpt is and that some folks may have already bought one, is there any chance that it could remain an alternate approved sculpt for Nidhog?

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
The sculpt for the unit NIDHOG has seriously dwindled in availability since the sculpt and design were approved by the C3V ERB Team. Because of this, the unit NIDHOG is being put on hold until a more suitable miniature can be found...
Given how great the Ravenloft/D&D dracolich sculpt is and that some folks may have already bought one, is there any chance that it could remain an alternate approved sculpt for Nidhog?
We'll discuss it in the sanctum, but how as the C3V team is pretty strongly for using proxies if need be, using the Ravenloft/D&D figure would be acceptable either way, especially for casual games.

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That's okay. Nidhog looks cool, but the figure I really want to playtest (and thought I was signing up for, in my ignorance) is whatever you have planned for the Doom Blade Cyclops.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That's okay. Nidhog looks cool, but the figure I really want to playtest (and thought I was signing up for, in my ignorance) is whatever you have planned for the Doom Blade Cyclops.
We're also working on getting that out there fairly soon.

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Attention:

The sculpt for the unit NIDHOG has seriously dwindled in availability since the sculpt and design were approved by the C3V ERB Team. Because of this, the unit NIDHOG is being put on hold until a more suitable miniature can be found. With this, we will not be accepting any more Public Playtesters for NIDHOG; any Public Playtester who is already signed-up for NIDHOG is allowed (even encouraged) to continue their playtesting for NIDHOG, as a change of miniature will not likely change the design.

Thanks to all public members who voiced their concern about this miniature and who brought this issue to our attention.

May I suggest that the group consider changing the spelling to Nidhogg to make it consistent with mythology and so "Hog" doesn't stand out in a negative way?
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Attention:

May I suggest that the group consider changing the spelling to Nidhogg to make it consistent with mythology and so "Hog" doesn't stand out in a negative way?
Well, even though that would be more consistent with mythology, HeroScape has precedence of taking names from mythology and other places and slightly adjusting them (Nilfheim from Nilfheimr, Jotun from Jotunheim, Brandar from Brandr, ect.).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs