Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 11th, 2006, 05:58 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
John Silent - Sniper Hero

Hi Scapers!

Please help me balancing the card for this sniper mini... thx! What do you think of his values so far

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice looking cards! Whew, adding 1 automatic skull is pretty powerful. I would lower his attack to 1 or instead of adding 2 to attack make the Camper bonus the automatic skull if he did not move (he's taking the time to get a good shot.) Also you might want to combine or keep all of your customs in one thread and then put all of your finished work in the first post of that thread. That way discussions can occur in the thread but everyone can see all of your customs in one spot.

Newb.
Old May 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I like him a lot. I do think he is a bit powerful with that automatic skull...

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:12 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
I dig the card, figure and the abilities, but he's way overpowered IMHO. I mean, he has effectively a 7 die (with HA) 7 range attack, with a no whiff guarantee. On top of that, he's got a 45% chance to be impervious to range. And if camo misses, he's still got 4 life and average defense.

His weaknesses are of course melee attackers because they negate his camo. But if he is engaged in melee, he won't move and will roll an average of 3 hits on his attackers ( the equivelent of 6 attack dice, but with anti-whiff security).

I'd decrease standard attack by 1, increase camper bonus by 1, and negate the sniper skill and camper bonus if he is engaged with the enemy. Also, i'd say camo should only work against normal attacks. On the other hand, i'd say bump his range up to 8 (less than syv, more than kravs, equal with AE)

Even with all of those 'nerfs', their isn't any unit in the official set who can deal out the equivelent of 6 or 7 (with HA) off attack dice at any range. He's a real killer
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:46 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
What CornPuff said, only more definite. Customs are meant to do something different, not to exceed the limits of what official figures can do.

I'd merge his first two powers: when he doesn't move, attacks against non-adjacent targets add one extra skull. Powerful yet somewhat limiting, and thematically fitting. Making his range higher sort of makes the camping irrelevant, so range stays.

I'd also take down his defensive abilities a good notch. Ranged guys, especially heroes with Life, usually get only 2 defense dice, and don't get camouflage...

Maybe very low defense, maybe lower life, maybe nerf camouflage or merge it with defense (Tough against ranged attacks?)
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Thx for the comments, ok i will start a thread with all my customs...

I lowered Silent Johnīs values, only his range is increased to 8 as AE as CornPuff suggested so he can sniper the kravs for example standing out of their range.

His basic attack now is lowered from 2 to 1 so with the automatic skull his attack value is 3 effectively, and if he doesnīt move 5. The Camper Bonus now only work against non adjacent units. So getting engaged with John Silent will be the best way to deal with him, as also his Camouflage ability doesnīt work against adjacent units. And Camouflage only works against normal attacks now and you will need 13+ not 12+.

I hope that with this changes he is worth his 100 points.

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards