Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2008, 10:10 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dallas NHSD '08 - Preliminary discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post

I dont mean this rudely, but the grammar needs a bit of work there...

Also I took a look at your website...you really should get some better quality pictures up as those don't really show the dice tower all that well.

Unsanded Pine?

on the flip side, are ye an actual gamer? and do ye plan on being there?

-
Rod
Cut this guy some slack man. He's been over to my place (a long drive for him from Arlington) a few times and played some games. His towers are really awesome (I bought one last night from him). Totally worth the money.

He's been playing for sometime and is trying to get involved here. He's even planning on having some friends from San Antonio up for NHSD. On top of that, he wants to donate one of his kick ass double "battling" dice towers for the prize table. For a community that is trying to up the numbers and participation in it's events, we need to avoid greeting new comers with such a negative post. There are nice ways to greet people and there are ways which are off putting. Complaining about someone's grammar and then dissing his website (which he just does on the side) are off putting.
Old August 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

I dont mean this rudely, but the grammar needs a bit of work there...

Also I took a look at your website...you really should get some better quality pictures up as those don't really show the dice tower all that well.

Unsanded Pine?

on the flip side, are ye an actual gamer? and do ye plan on being there?

-
Rod

Hey, pot (no, not that kind), meet kettle.
aye as it states on the flip side, meaning i fell back into my usual mode of "speech".

however if I'm going to post up as a "business" I would hope the grammer is at least aceeptable and somewhat fixed up.
Rod, you disappoint me. I can't believe you of all people are insulting this guy while he is attempting to create good will. Give it a rest.

Dicemaster, your towers look awesome. Welcome to the site and please join us for some Heroscapin good times at any of our upcoming events. There's always something going on.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Glyphs

On the subject of Glyphs, here are my two cents. I personally would hate to see us play without them. Mind you, I'd still show up and have a blast, but I think that that I a very important element to most maps. Most of the better maps to play on offer the player a choice between better tactical position or exposing units for a chance at a bonus. Glyphs are commonly used to discourage turtling and award aggressive movements.

In the absence of glyphs (or in the presence of weak glyphs), I tend to see a lot of ranged dominance and turtling. Many times games devolve into standoffs since there is no incentive for either player to expose themselves. Anyway, whatever you guys decide is cool with me. I'll still be there.

P.S. I don't think that the wound glyph is as powerful as everyone thinks it is. It's effects are just much more apparent when they are triggered. While it can result in a single wound, how many wounds does the +2 move glyph give a player? How many wounds have you been able to inflict because you got to go first with the +8 initiative glyph? How many wounds have you avoided because of the +1 defense glyph? In a given turn, I think that these glyphs can result in more wounds inflicted (or saved) than the wound glyph.
Old August 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Oh, we are having glyphs for sure; just not attack glyphs. I wouldn't consider it to be watered down glyph pool if initiative, move, defense and wound are in there. (which they will be plus others)

I got a solid venue at the Holiday Inn Express in Grapevine. They aren't a full service hotel so they don't mind if we bring our own food and drink. It would be $250 which would be roughly $5-6 a person. However, they do not allow alcoholic beverages so me not liking too much.

The bowling alleys in that area didn’t want to give up their party rooms for that long on a Saturday without a sizable revenue commitment. Like at least $500. Game Works had the same response. So I think those places are out.

I have a solid lead from a potential sponsor they may also have a good lead on a venue. I will be tracking that down in the next day or so. I plan to have the venue picked out by the end of this month, August.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 27th, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM

Dicemaster Woo who?

Rodriguez,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your honest input concerning my website and the towers that I sell on it. I will use your opinions to better my site. Truthfully, I've been meaning to add a better picture gallery and some more demonstration videos to my site. I simply haven't had enough time to do everything that I've wanted to do lately (who does these days..lol). My apologies to you if you feel that I used this forum as a springboard to sell merchandise. I may be new to this site, but I've been playing heroscape ever since it released. I've spent many a sleepless night scaping with my friends and family. Heroscape, to me, is the perfect answer to the high cost and time consumption (memorizing books of rules) of advanced games like Warhammer (40k) and Warmachine. I fear that we, as a table top community, are losing too many gamers to the less expensive and easily accessed online gaming community. There's always an opponent waiting to play online and let's face it, there's no fuel expense to play the game. This year I hope to strengthen your community by inviting a few extra players from San Antonio for the NHSD. I look forward to meeting you at the NHSD tournament and hope that there will be many more years to come of exciting Heroscape action.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks, R˙chean, for all your hard work in securing us a venue. I hope the potential sponsor comes through the way you want. That would be way cool.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Oh man! I found a great location that has everything we want in a venue and the price is right. Unfortunately they are booked 10/18. doh! (_8(|)

It is Stacy furniture in Grapevine. They rent one of their upstairs rooms. It has a full kitchen with public style restrooms down the hall. It has a balcony attached for smokers. They also allow alcohol to be brought in, just no kegs or Margarita machines. It sounds just awesome. Too bad we cant have it for NHSD. I will be looking to book it for team tourney or our next big event.

I am still looking at other venue options; more to come.....

Old August 28th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You're my hero!
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM

Alright, I have two spots on my short list. ( I had a long list but it got dwindled due to price) I am going to do some site surveys tonight to make sure they will work for us.

I have also spoke to a potential sponsor who is very interested in this event as well as the many that will follow.

I'll keep you guys posted and look for the official event thread soon.

Old August 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I <3 R˙chean.

Old August 28th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I <3 R˙chean.
I am assuming "<3" means love?

I'm not the most savvy person when it comes to the internet, so forgive me if I'm reading that wrong. But, having met and talked to you, CheddarLimbo, I'm guessing that is what it means.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, it's a heart. I was feeding off Velenne's hero comment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day