Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:12 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas NHSD '08 - Preliminary discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0149 View Post
if you did go with the 20D roll. you would do it there at the beginning of the tourney? cause that sounds tight. not knowing how many points we will have to play with.
We would do it in advance of the tournament.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:19 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I may be out of the country during this time, but if not, then I am so on board.

I'm in favor of the idea of a non-traditional point total...but when using the D20, does it vary per person, or one roll per match? I think a little more explanation on this procedure would be great.

The way I understand it my army could be between 455 and 550 points, right? That seems like a wide margin and enough of a difference to make or break the match before it even gets started. With all the struggle for balance in a tournament setting, this seems a little counter-intuitive.

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

It would be one roll for the entire event. Just a one time roll, well in advance of the event, to determine what point total we will use that day. I would do it in front of a witness or two and just post the results.

Just a random way to set the point total.

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:24 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah! Okay gotcha R˙chean, thanks. I'm all in favor of that.

Moving on...what has attendance been like in the past? While looking for a venue what criteria do we want aside from the physical space to set up a bunch of tables?

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM

We had over 40 one year, I believe, but numbers dwindled a bit last year.

I am going in with the hopes of drawing at least 40 participants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
One last idea, if you're running this thing - are you playing in it too? Because I think it would be kinda cool to have a map pool selected, except for maybe one or two "surprise" maps that no one will know about until the day of.
Oh, I hope you had a blast at Gencon.
I did have a blast at Gencon!
I plan on playing and running, but if the size of the event takes off enough, I might forego playing or get someone else to actually run the day of activities.

Old August 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok let's make roll the d20! With a name like that, he's gotta be honest about it right?
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I'm not sure why I'm rolling a d20, I just got a PM link.

*rolls*

The result is an 18
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM

Well look at that, 540 is the result; Just like the TTO.

hmmmm.....

thanks Truth!

Old August 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So is that what we're going with then? 540?

This is official?

If so, then I'll just add another set of 'Reavers to my 500 point army!

just kidding, of course.

I'm ready to help in any way R˙chean. Just let me know.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM

Well, if truth rolls an 18 and that yields 540 and it that also happens to be the same point total that TTO is going with, then yes 540 it is.

We will keep the start zones at 24 hexes.

Old August 20th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Woohoo! 540 is a great number.
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Marvel?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day