Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 15th, 2013, 09:45 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?
Re: Hunger Games Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkachu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emolink 951 View Post
i like the idea of tribute powers. but for now, lets limit powers to katniss in book one. all the characters in book one really. then within a few waves we can update katniss as she is in booktwo and stuff. we can do what the C3G customs does and use the name below them as an 'identity' for now just brainstorm what they could possibly do, lets create like a 'first wave' of tributes, then playtest them. i can get to work on some special rules for these units. and also, if we do make the cornucopia, we should make a few special equipment glyphs to throw in it(:
I'm for limiting it to the first book; makes it easier to keep track of what's what. We should have a list of who goes into in the first wave, though.
hm. maybe just the tributes that are given names in the book. maybe throw in the district three tribute because of the mines? but just start with tributes. then do squads of peacemakers and mutts and non arena fighters and then eventually do the same thing with catching fire and mockingjay

So tell me, what DOES the inside of your mouth taste like? .-.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:56 AM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

I've started designing arena rules. I set up a huge flat circular board with the cornucopia in the center; I have no clue how to go about actually making one, so for now the cornucopia is just a circle of pillars with treasure glyphs in the middle, and starting spaces just outside the circle for tributes to rush in and grab them. There are other glyphs spread throughout the board, but the best ones are in the center.

What I'm thinking is, all tributes take a turn in order of initiative roll, and that's a round. At the end of the round, the gamemaker can add a layer to the board (no more than one terrain level higher per round), take pieces off, etc. He may never, however, change the first level of the board in any way. He may also put monsters on the board (no more than the total amount of tributes currently on the board divided in half, as the monsters will be powerful). There could be weather rules, as well.

I'm also working on a way to include the gifts system, as well, although I'm not sure how to balance it out. I'm thinking it could be based on the number of kills a player racks up, or maybe a system of checks and balances that revolves around kills vs. wounds, Advance Wars style. EDIT: thinking about it, the latter could get messy.

I'm not sure about any of this, but as a tentative design for now, I thought I'd put it out there.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

Just an update for the cornucopia, is coming along now, I've got the prototype for the 'tail' on my keyboard now! I'm building a smaller model fist, which I'll get up onto my computer by drawing it on 2d designer, then scale up and colour. Just thought I'd let you all know how it's coming along!
Samthegoat
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
I've started designing arena rules. I set up a huge flat circular board with the cornucopia in the center; I have no clue how to go about actually making one, so for now the cornucopia is just a circle of pillars with treasure glyphs in the middle, and starting spaces just outside the circle for tributes to rush in and grab them. There are other glyphs spread throughout the board, but the best ones are in the center.

What I'm thinking is, all tributes take a turn in order of initiative roll, and that's a round. At the end of the round, the gamemaker can add a layer to the board (no more than one terrain level higher per round), take pieces off, etc. He may never, however, change the first level of the board in any way. He may also put monsters on the board (no more than the total amount of tributes currently on the board divided in half, as the monsters will be powerful). There could be weather rules, as well.

I'm also working on a way to include the gifts system, as well, although I'm not sure how to balance it out. I'm thinking it could be based on the number of kills a player racks up, or maybe a system of checks and balances that revolves around kills vs. wounds, Advance Wars style. EDIT: thinking about it, the latter could get messy.

I'm not sure about any of this, but as a tentative design for now, I thought I'd put it out there.
I think everyone agrees on a Gamemaker, perhaps instead of placing a tile, he could also place random equipment glyphs, place a mutt, take a turn with a mutt, or announce a random occurance like a tree tipping over (while being fair of course) when one tribute inflicts at least one wound on a turn, you may place a token on their card. they can have however many on there and at any point may give any or all of their tokens to the game maker, the game maker will then place a silver parachute within 3 spaces of that tribute. the more tokens you give, the better the prize: a healing glyph, a +2 attack glyph, or simply a pit trap glyph to place randomly. at the end of any player's turn the game maker may take a turn with any active mutt or mutt squads or may make an announcement to a rule change (while still being fair). at the end of each round, they may alter the board by placing or removing one tile or by placing a new mutt on the field. after at least 5 rounds the gamemaker may invite all players to a feast for something that could benefit each of them. take note that the gamemaker cannot "win" as the last tribute standing actually wins the game unless the gamemaker specifies a rule change of multiple victors.

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:04 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
Just an update for the cornucopia, is coming along now, I've got the prototype for the 'tail' on my keyboard now! I'm building a smaller model fist, which I'll get up onto my computer by drawing it on 2d designer, then scale up and colour. Just thought I'd let you all know how it's coming along!
Samthegoat
awesome, once your finished. write out how to make it, then make a thread showing how to do it, ill add in a link to it on the original post

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:15 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

An idea for Clove, what do you think?
Clove
District 2
Human
Unique Hero
Career Tribute
Merciless
Medium 5

Move - 5
Range - 1
Attack – 4
Defense – 3
Life – 5
Point Value
???

Throwing Knives Special Attack
Range 6, Attack 2
After Clove attacks with Throwing Knives Special Attack, you may attack up to an additional 3 times; you may target different units or the same unit

Torturing Death
If an adjacent unit receives at least one wound from clove, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher add another wound, continue to roll the 20-sided die until you destroy the unit or until you do not roll a 16 or higher

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Interesting ideas here. I did a simple write up of Katniss for my teenage daughter who loved the books. You can see it in my Classic customs thread. (link in my signature).
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Interesting ideas here. I did a simple write up of Katniss for my teenage daughter who loved the books. You can see it in my Classic customs thread. (link in my signature).
i cant seem to find it o: but thanks for the feedback^^

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:51 PM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Took Rattyz ideas for Katniss and developed this:

Katniss Everdeen
District 12
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Precise
Medium 5

Move – 5
Range – 6
Attack – 3
Defense – 3
Life – 5
Point Value
???

Precise Aim – when Katniss rolls for attack die, she may re-roll any or all blank die once

Knowledgeable Scavenger – If Katniss ends her turn adjacent to an evergreen tree, jungle tile, roll the 20-sided die, if you roll a 13 or higher remove one wound marker from Katniss’s Card

Reflex – when rolling for defense die against a non-adjacent attack, she may not receive more than one wound from the attack

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:53 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Its on the front page, isn't it? I saw it yesterday. Brilliant stuff.

Anyway, I'm currently gathering all rules mentioned thus far into a rulebook. I dig your gift system; I'll make a list of which glyphs can be awarded for what number of tokens a player has.

While writing this stuff up, my little siblings got interested and wanted a mechanic in which you play as yourself (designing a character a la D&D), so I'm in the process of doing that as well.

My current thinking is, you choose a class (career or reaping), and you start with the stats/abilities for that class, but no weapons. Weapons are in the cornucopia (in the form of treasure glyphs), to be gathered at the start. Different abilities/stat changes come with different weapons. You can also gain abilities throughout the games, but I'm not quite certain how that last bit will be systemized.

I don't know if the character design thing is of interest, but as I'm going ahead with it for my own group anyway, I'll just leave it here.

Also, samthegoat; you are epic.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:00 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its on the front page, isn't it? I saw it yesterday. Brilliant stuff.

Anyway, I'm currently gathering all rules mentioned thus far into a rulebook. I dig your gift system; I'll make a list of which glyphs can be awarded for what number of tokens a player has.

While writing this stuff up, my little siblings got interested and wanted a mechanic in which you play as yourself (designing a character a la D&D), so I'm in the process of doing that as well.

My current thinking is, you choose a class (career or reaping), and you start with the stats/abilities for that class, but no weapons. Weapons are in the cornucopia (in the form of treasure glyphs), to be gathered at the start. Different abilities/stat changes come with different weapons. You can also gain abilities throughout the games, but I'm not quite certain how that last bit will be systemized.

I don't know if the character design thing is of interest, but as I'm going ahead with it for my own group anyway, I'll just leave it here.

Also, samthegoat; you are epic.
perhaps i could do the custom character thing later. right now i just want to define the characters from the hunger games and give them a heroscape persona, also i think we should mix in pre-made glyphs, with some made up glyphs. a bow could change a range from 1 to 6, having a canteen you could be able to fill it up when adjacent to a water tile, then heal one wound with it later on, or a broadsword could affect adjacent attack, but you could only have maybe one at a time. glyph of Astrid and stuff could be involved as well

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:13 AM

Emolink 951 Woo who?

Peeta Melarch
District 12
Human
Unique Hero
Tribute
Brave
Medium 5

Move – 5
Range – 1
Attack – 4
Defense – 3
Life – 5
Point Value
???

Decorative Camouflage
If Peeta is adjacent to an evergreen tree or on a water tile, he may not be attacked by non-adjacent attacks

Unknowledgeable Scavenger
If Peeta ends his turn adjacent to an evergreen tree, jungle tile, roll the 20-sided die, if you roll a 1-14 or higher remove one wound marker from Peeta’s Card. If you roll a 15 or higher add one wound to his card

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards