Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
answering the call to arms:
medical treatment: At the start of this figure’s turn roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card or any adjacent figure's card.
hopefully this helps a little
That's a good idea. It will help some parties that don't have a dedicated healer. At some point I plan on working Items back into the game. What were you thinking for who gets that power? I was thinking Ranger, Warrior (Fighter), and maybe Scout (which hasn't actually been released yet...).
ya i was thinking warrior, ranger, and maybe archer, but allowing it only to a ranger really makes you think about changing from archer to ranger.

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
answering the call to arms:
medical treatment: At the start of this figure’s turn roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card or any adjacent figure's card.
hopefully this helps a little
That's a good idea. It will help some parties that don't have a dedicated healer. At some point I plan on working Items back into the game. What were you thinking for who gets that power? I was thinking Ranger, Warrior (Fighter), and maybe Scout (which hasn't actually been released yet...).
ya i was thinking warrior, ranger, and maybe archer, but allowing it only to a ranger really makes you think about changing from archer to ranger.
Exactly! Now I know we're on the same wavelength.

Latest ADDITIONS
Spoiler Alert!

and ERRATA
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post

2. Add in kyrie and elementals as races.
I second the Elementals!

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I have a level 4 ninja(Moriko) going solo(Cleared two areas of my custom campaign). So far, she has destroyed:

Area 1:
1x Fyorlag Spiders
2x Earth Elemental
3x Swog Rider
1 Feral Troll
Boss: Gurei Oni

Area Two:
1x Dzu-Teh
4 Greater Ice Elementals
Boss: Nerak(Was buffed by more Treasure Glyphs than the GIEs.)

I have a rule for this run that, if Moriko dies, she can start over from the beginning of the area, but loses ALL Treasure Glyphs from that room she collected on the previous run. After this, I'm running an all-ninja/rogue party(Adding in Mika, Shiori, and Kumiko).
Oops, missed your post. Thanks for the report! I love hearing how the heroes perform.

So what kind of rules are you going by for your scenarios? Do you have a link of this custom campaign or did you make it up on the fly?

Using Treaures Glyphs can be a bit tricky, since they adding extra to your stats and abilities can quickly make you more powerful. I'm gonna start writing up something for treasure, loots, and purchasable items. The key is making stuff accessible, but not too easy to obtain. Purchasable items you have to work for, loot requires a lucky die roll, and automatic treasures requires strict limits to the number available (like less than 1 per Hero). Losing all of your treasure if you die is a good way of balancing that I suppose, as long as the area you are in is tough enough to be a threat of dying.

Quote:
Some suggestions:

1. Add in more mounts! And maybe even make a mount an extra ability your character can get once they reach level 4(Without spending skill points on it).

1. I could easily make a mount a purchasable thing. Problem what to do with the figures. I was thinking something like being able to purchase Brunak or Theracus would be a good option.

2. I was planning on it Both will probably come with the 3rd Expansion , the 2nd being the Horror Fantasy, which I haven't even started yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
Quote:

I second the Elementals!
Yes, I wouldn't dare neglect Elementals knowing Flame Gryphon is playing
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I have a level 4 ninja(Moriko) going solo(Cleared two areas of my custom campaign). So far, she has destroyed:

Area 1:
1x Fyorlag Spiders
2x Earth Elemental
3x Swog Rider
1 Feral Troll
Boss: Gurei Oni

Area Two:
1x Dzu-Teh
4 Greater Ice Elementals
Boss: Nerak(Was buffed by more Treasure Glyphs than the GIEs.)

I have a rule for this run that, if Moriko dies, she can start over from the beginning of the area, but loses ALL Treasure Glyphs from that room she collected on the previous run. After this, I'm running an all-ninja/rogue party(Adding in Mika, Shiori, and Kumiko).
Oops, missed your post. Thanks for the report! I love hearing how the heroes perform.

So what kind of rules are you going by for your scenarios? Do you have a link of this custom campaign or did you make it up on the fly?

Using Treaures Glyphs can be a bit tricky, since they adding extra to your stats and abilities can quickly make you more powerful. I'm gonna start writing up something for treasure, loots, and purchasable items. The key is making stuff accessible, but not too easy to obtain. Purchasable items you have to work for, loot requires a lucky die roll, and automatic treasures requires strict limits to the number available (like less than 1 per Hero). Losing all of your treasure if you die is a good way of balancing that I suppose, as long as the area you are in is tough enough to be a threat of dying.

Quote:
Some suggestions:

1. Add in more mounts! And maybe even make a mount an extra ability your character can get once they reach level 4(Without spending skill points on it).

1. I could easily make a mount a purchasable thing. Problem what to do with the figures. I was thinking something like being able to purchase Brunak or Theracus would be a good option.

3. I was planning on it Both will probably come with the 3rd Expansion , the 2nd being the Horror Fantasy, which I haven't even started yet.

1. It's a campaign series that I've been developing for a long while(It has a prologue with a generally set party and a regular campaign with a party chosen by the player). I wanted to see if I could make a large multi-area campaign using roughly all of the terrain I own(2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, 1 TT, 1 TJ, and a bunch of snow, sand, grass, and rock tiles from small expansion sets). I'm just using the prologue campaign's area setups for my HoS runs. The special rules more come into play in the actual prologue campaign.
2. Ironically, the bonus power granted by the TGs is balanced out the more heroes are present. I somewhat balance out their power in the area structure by how many enemies are in an area.
3. Can't wait! I was also kinda hoping for the ability to make an Anubian character, so this news is very welcome! Heh. I'm just picturing the coolness of a Jandarian kyrie paladin.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
1. It's a campaign series that I've been developing for a long while(It has a prologue with a generally set party and a regular campaign with a party chosen by the player). I wanted to see if I could make a large multi-area campaign using roughly all of the terrain I own(2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, 1 TT, 1 TJ, and a bunch of snow, sand, grass, and rock tiles from small expansion sets). I'm just using the prologue campaign's area setups for my HoS runs. The special rules more come into play in the actual prologue campaign.
2. Ironically, the bonus power granted by the TGs is balanced out the more heroes are present. I somewhat balance out their power in the area structure by how many enemies are in an area.
3. Can't wait! I was also kinda hoping for the ability to make an Anubian character, so this news is very welcome! Heh. I'm just picturing the coolness of a Jandarian kyrie paladin.
Ah I see. So did you follow my point value rules that I provided (roughly 70 per Level 1 Hero, and so on)?

Anubians are coming with the Horror Fantasy expansion, so its closer than you think. As for a Jandarian Kyrie Paladin, that's pretty already possible. If you start as a Human Warrior, choose the Knight sub-class, and change rank to Paladin, there's an ability called Angelic Grace. Once I get the Figure Guide up, you'll notice that this just created the combination to use the figure for Concan the Kyrie Warrior. I suppose I could write somewhere that his Race changes to Kyrie, or maybe even Archangel...
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So how original can these races be? Cause I have some ideas I'd like to contribute, but they have nothing to do with current 'scape races, and some of them are backstory races that don't have any original characters, so it makes them custom.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
So how original can these races be? Cause I have some ideas I'd like to contribute, but they have nothing to do with current 'scape races, and some of them are backstory races that don't have any original characters, so it makes them custom.
Unless there's a Heroscape figure to tie the Race with it wont do much good for me to post the data for it, because no one would be able to use the correct figure. People are free to proxy any Heroscape figures they don't currently own, but I'm not in favor of forcing someone to proxy.

That being said, hit me with it. I'll try to make it work as much as I can if I like it.
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, to be easy, I was thinking of incorporating the races provided in the backstory, just to make it easy.

Such as:
The Mariedians of Alpha Prime - Created and Enslaved by the Soulborg

The Durgeth of Valhalla - Kyrie-hunting race of the swamps, brought to extinction during war. Longetivity due to Comfrey Plants in Swamps.

and the Raptorians of Marr - The first slave-owners of the Vipers, kept them on Marr, but was revolted against. The weapons in the Venoc's hands are Raptorian talons

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Well, to be easy, I was thinking of incorporating the races provided in the backstory, just to make it easy.

Such as:

The Durgeth of Valhalla - Kyrie-hunting race of the swamps, brought to extinction during war. Longetivity due to Comfrey Plants in Swamps.

and the Raptorians of Marr - The first slave-owners of the Vipers, kept them on Marr, but was revolted against. The weapons in the Venoc's hands are Raptorian talons
Well the Raptorians wont work, because we don't have any figures that could pass off as a Raptor creature without mutilating Tornak. What do the Durgeth look like? Has anything been said about them? And aren't the Mariedians just humans?
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Such as:

Well the Raptorians wont work, because we don't have any figures that could pass off as a Raptor creature without mutilating Tornak. What do the Durgeth look like? Has anything been said about them? And aren't the Mariedians just humans?
Well the Raptorians are pretty much bird anthropomorphs their talons their main weapons, the Durgeth are assumed as lizardlike, or some predatory beastman, the Mariedians are humanoids, but like Icarians, have nothing to do with humans, due to their increased capacity of mechanical understanding (ended all major problems of world: hunger, war, disease) So for the Mariedians I see some sort of "technopath" someone who has mastery over machinery.

Old October 5th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Such as:

Well the Raptorians are pretty much bird anthropomorphs their talons their main weapons, the Durgeth are assumed as lizardlike, or some predatory beastman, the Mariedians are humanoids, but like Icarians, have nothing to do with humans, due to their increased capacity of mechanical understanding (ended all major problems of world: hunger, war, disease) So for the Mariedians I see some sort of "technopath" someone who has mastery over machinery.
Yeah, there isn't anything that'll work for the Raptorians, the Durgeths could use the Lizardfolk figures, but I'm not sure how their abilities would differ.

As for the Mariedians, they'd be saved for the Sci-Fi expansion anyways, so we can pick up that discussion later. More than likely they wouldn't be very different from Human Agents, except maybe some like robot controlling-based powers.

So give me all your ideas for the Durgeths for now and lets see what we can make work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions