Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old April 16th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Some of us, long ago (i.e., yesterday), moved to centered sigs. Right justification might be ever better...I haven't decided yet.
I think it really depends on what's in the signature. In your case, I think it looks great centered because it's visually more appealing. If it's just words (like mine), I think to the right is okay.

(I guess that's a roundabout way to go middle of the road...)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Some of us, long ago (i.e., yesterday), moved to centered sigs. Right justification might be ever better...I haven't decided yet.
I think it really depends on what's in the signature. In your case, I think it looks great centered because it's visually more appealing. If it's just words (like mine), I think to the right is okay.

(I guess that's a roundabout way to go middle of the road...)

I think that center is best...because your small sig rym gets lost on the left and looks like it is part of the command buttons.

I love the Calendar because now when I log in and wonder where everyone is I can look in 1 spot and go "Oh they are all at the tourney is XXXX"...I only wish that we could add items that only we can see also. (i.e. reminders of Scapers birthdays, notes on when we sent out a trade etc)

I would also recommend that if you run a contest with a deadline to enter/sign-up that you add it to the calendar so people can set up a reminder for themselves.

Lastly can we color code the items in the calendar? (i.e. Tournamnets will show Blue and Deadlines would post Red and things like Comic ComicCon,ToyFair, GenCon etc would be Purple...and release dates in Green

Last edited by Onacara; April 16th, 2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added question/idea about the calendar.
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:05 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like Onacara's idea with personal calendars. They would really help. I also think we should be aloud more than 2 pictures in our signatures. Mine won't display because of this, and I can't express everything without more.
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I like Onacara's idea with personal calendars. They would really help. I also think we should be aloud more than 2 pictures in our signatures. Mine won't display because of this, and I can't express everything without more.

I wish we could display more pics too...so my sig line would be actual buttons and not the sig bar with the links below it....but on the flip side I do not want to see someone with 3 or 4 max sized sig pics either.
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Under the OTHER GAMES forum do we want to add Role Playing/Miniature Games as a sub forum?
This might actually be a good idea too. Good ideas Onacara!
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:32 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Anybody else think the horizontal rule that separates the post title from the post text is completely unnecessary? If that could go away, the "clutter burden" would be reduced and I think the concept of posts looking like quotes would be greatly diminished.
Hmm, I may well try that out in the wide style, perhaps even move it into the bar with the post date and feedback icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I love the Calendar because now when I log in and wonder where everyone is I can look in 1 spot and go "Oh they are all at the tourney is XXXX"...I only wish that we could add items that only we can see also. (i.e. reminders of Scapers birthdays, notes on when we sent out a trade etc)

I would also recommend that if you run a contest with a deadline to enter/sign-up that you add it to the calendar so people can set up a reminder for themselves.

Lastly can we color code the items in the calendar? (i.e. Tournamnets will show Blue and Deadlines would post Red and things like Comic ComicCon,ToyFair, GenCon etc would be Purple...and release dates in Green
Great feedback on the Calendar. At this point there are no "category" options for the calendar. We can setup separate calendars, but I'm not sure if they can all be displayed on one calendar view. It is certainly something to look into.

As for birthdays, well, they are already enabled on the Calendar, but I went to look for mine and it wasn't listed. I'll look into that.

It doesn't support private/user calendars. Might I suggest http://www.google.com/calendar/

GameBear, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people won't want to to mix to two up, even in a sub-forum arrangement, but I will certainly mention it.
In the meantime, if you don't want to view it, there is a little icon that will collapse the forum so you don't have to view all the topics there. This is true of all the forums. Really tidies things up. It resets if you log out and back in.

Quote:
Oh, that is definitely not going to happen. Be glad you even get two. A quick note here, your sig is pretty lengthy and we are really discouraging that these days.
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
has been BANNED

Thanks bunjee. I have an organizer on my computer at home and work already but it would have been nice to put all my Scape stuff in one place.

The category thing would be great though if it is possible (I know I already said it but out of all of the calendar suggestions that one is probably most useful to more people)
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I also think we should be aloud more than 2 pictures in our signatures. Mine won't display because of this, and I can't express everything without more.
Do you really think we want people to have a longer sig? For people who are using the wide view (Me) it takes up a bunch of space. Please stick with one (Or two if the second is short) ideas for you sig...it is just annoying to have anything longer.

Last edited by Einar's puppy; April 17th, 2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:27 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

I only want one more...but can't decide which to get rid of.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

Is there a possibility of getting the google search box back, alongside the current new one?

I found that I got more accurate results, with less searching, with the old search. This new one has handy features for some specific types of searches, but in general - I'd find what I was looking for much quicker with the old box.

Implementation wouldn't be terribly difficult, just a few changes to the search page template, and it would be really handy, and having more (accurate) ways to search, certainly couldn't hurt.

Thanks for reading.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:16 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Do you really think we want people to have a longer sig? For people who are using the wide veiw (Me) it takes up a bunch of space.
Ninety-five percent of all sig material is useless noise — my own included. We all cram stuff in there that we think is brilliant or hilarious or whatever, but aren't we all sick of seeing the same pictures and jokes over and over again? Especially the inside jokes that nobody gets except the author and his one buddy who was there at the time. Oh, and of course all of those "Blastagonzer is Trace Barbasol in the Blueberry Ductwork" sigs that I don't understand one whit. (In fact, as a relative newbie here, I can't think of a single element of the site that made me feel more like an unwelcome, clueless outsider than those incomprehensible [and unfortunately ubiquitous] sigs. I'm still afraid to ask what they mean for fear of revealing my shocking and utter lack of any right to even be here in the first place.)

I fully realize that I myself am part of the problem here ... when I think about it rationally, I have to admit I can't give a good reason for why I even have a sig, other than to document good traders. Mostly I have a sig because everyone else has a sig, not because it adds value to the community. I was pretty excited when I saw that they had momentarily gone away. Sure, we all lose the chance to indulge ourselves in a bit of creative expression, but the overall experience of reading the forums is substantially improved when I'm not watching the exact same crappy TV commercials 100 times a day.

I mean, seriously ... who still thinks "I get +1 for height while I'm standing here on Capitol Hill" is funny after the 40th time you've seen it? (Assuming it ever was funny in the first place, which is highly debatable.) The fact is, you don't see it any more because you tune it out — if you can tune it out. (Some of us can't.) Either way, it's useless to have it replicated on 195 posts and I should remove it. Yet something irrational makes me think I should have something personal and clever there. Save me from myself!

Sorry, it's after midnight and I just finished my homework, so I guess I'm cranky. But tomorrow I will probably still believe that 95% of all sig material is useless crap. Including mine.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; April 17th, 2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Do you really think we want people to have a longer sig? For people who are using the wide veiw (Me) it takes up a bunch of space.
95% of all sig material is useless noise — my own included. We all cram stuff in there that we think is brilliant or hilarious or whatever, but aren't we all sick of seeing the same pictures and jokes over and over again? Especially the inside jokes that nobody gets except the author and his one buddy who was there at the time. Oh, and of course all of those "Blastagonzer is Trace Barbasol in the Blueberry Ductwork" sigs that I don't understand one whit. (In fact, as a relative newbie here, I can't think of a single element of the site that made me feel more like an unwelcome, clueless outsider than those incomprehensible sigs. I'm still afraid to ask what they mean for fear of revealing my shocking and utter lack of any right to even be here in the first place.)

I fully realize that I myself am part of the problem here ... when I think about it rationally, I have to admit I can't give a good reason for why I even have a sig, other than to document good traders. Mostly I have a sig because everyone else has a sig, not because it adds value to the community. I was pretty excited when I saw that they had momentarily gone away. Sure, we all lose the chance to indulge ourselves in a bit of creative expression, but the overall experience of reading the forums is substantially improved when I'm not watching the exact same crappy TV commercials 100 times a day.

Sorry, it's after midnight and I just finished my homework. I guess I'm cranky. But tomorrow I will probably still believe that 95% of all sig material is useless crap.
Quote:
Smart man — I vote with him.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online