Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
First Maryland event 2010. RESCHEDULED. Feb. 20th

SORRY, RESCHEDULED!

Due to the huge snowstorm Reniassance games had to move its Magic: The Gathering release event to next saturday, thus bumping the Heroscape event. I will let everyone know the make-up date as soon as I can. I'm really sorry.

MAKE-UP DATE FEB. 20TH ONE WEEK LATER!

Greetings all, the time has come for the first Maryland tourny of 2010.

2315 A-6 Belair Rd.
Fallston, Md. 21047
http://www.ren-games.com/

This is the usual spot for all my events.

Date: Feb. 20th

Time: Sign in by 12:30, games start at 1:00.

Format: This will shake it up a bit.

-You must bring two (2), 400 point armies.
-Each army must be general specific. (All Utgar, all Jandar, etc.)
-Each army must follow a different general. (One Utgar and one Einar, for example)
-You must spend a minimum of 200 points on heroes for each army. These can be Unique, common or uncommon.
-Before each round, you and your opponent will show your armies to each other. Then you and your opponent will choose which army the other will play. (You pick which they play, they pick which you play)
-No Marvel. (Sorry Marvel fans)

5 rounds of play, 50 min. time limit, 24 hex start zones.

Maps: I'll need some help with maps, so if you can bring one, please do.
I'll have a selection up soon.

Attendees: I'll have to cap off the attendees at 24, so as soon as you know you can come, let me know, to reserve your spot.

1. Clancampbell
2. Xanth
3. Kalislord
5. Drewcula
6. Johngee

Possible:
Copperpot
Ian (Defending Maryland Champion)
KevinWC
Orcs Blade

Maps:
Fire Isles (BOV) - by Clancampbell
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (BOV)
Can't see the Jungle (BOV) -
Split Decision (Tannergx's maps) - by Clancampbell
Runa's Pathway (Rednex's maps) - by Clancampbell
Forgotten Glade (Legoboy's maps)
Noctis (Mad Wookie's maps) -
Triation -

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; February 15th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: First Maryland event 2010.

Hmmmmm, very interesting Clan. Please add my name to the list.

How will you determine who picks the others army first? - Odd or even on a D20 maybe.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post

How will you determine who picks the others army first? - Odd or even on a D20 maybe.
A D20 roll, highest roll can choose to pick first or second.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: First Maryland event 2010. Feb. 13th.

Is D&D allowed?

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Is D&D allowed?

Good one Onacara. Yes it is.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:53 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in. It sounds like the twist will be a lot of fun. I will also bring some maps as well.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:27 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Will this be part of another Four Tournament Frenzy?

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:54 PM

Technomagus has disabled reputation

This should be fun! Count me in!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Count me and Lil Miss Spidy in.

And I am going to answer for Clan on Vydar is the Man's question. No this is not part of another series, at least I am not running one anyway

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post

A D20 roll, highest roll can choose to pick first or second.
You could have the players simultaneously reveal the army the other players must use. Each player designates their two armies as either Army 1 or Army 2. Then the players choose the other players army by placing the number 1 or 2 order marker in their hand. Once both players have decided, they reveal the order marker in their hand simultaneously. It doesn't require anyone to bring extra stuff because we will already have our order markers plus it will get rid of the advantage (however small) that a D20 roll would give to the winning player.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:39 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Yeah I kind like Tom's suggestion better. Otherwise whoever wins that first d20 roll has a big advantage. Always choose last and take the army you can beat with the one you are stuck with.

Great idea for a tourney Clan!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think I'll be able to come. Put me down as possible (and I will bring a map if coming, of course).

Now, for the special rules. This sounds like it's a great idea, but I'm confused. Do you pick one of your armies for your opponent to use, or do you pick which if your opponent's armies they use?

Like, say you have four armies. A and B are yours, C and D are your opponents. Do you pick C for your opponent to play, or B?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events