Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 13th, 2022, 09:57 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Did this get posted on this site somewhere today? I missed it and did not join the Discord.
Right here, with all the other official updates.
Old September 13th, 2022, 09:57 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

I believe it's on the no-post news only thread.

Let me say, I didn't think I'd be very stoked about getting more ruins--but these are cool. Crafting shapes that do interesting things with line-of-sight is pretty wizard, and not something we've been able to achieve with customs so far AFAIK. What kind of interesting things will map designers be able to do with that?
Old September 13th, 2022, 10:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Did this get posted on this site somewhere today? I missed it and did not join the Discord.
Right here, with all the other official updates.

Thanks! I found the no-post thread and subscribed to it. Now I won't miss the updates.
Old September 13th, 2022, 10:59 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anitar's mention of a baseball player makes me half-expect the BattleBall minis to be repurposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 13th, 2022, 11:27 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
But also... OOH, those new ruins are *very much* something I want in my collection, like right now, like asap, like STAT.

And modular overgrowth pieces? YES PLEASE.
I actually hope that is not the actual scale, looking at the Kyrie. Could have trouble finding room to store all this new terrain if we're getting this many different items in such large sizes. Guessing this is just the concept art submitted from which the final designs were chosen. I wonder how many different plants/ruins they ended up going to production with?
Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine that's the actual scale. Those pieces would need a ROTV-sized master set box in and of themselves, it seems.

Though it does depend on how many of these are design ideas vs actually intended pieces. We've seen lots of art examples featuring multiple iterations on one concept and haven't assumed they'd *all* be the final project, so these shouldn't be any different.

Unless we should be expecting a squad of monster-riding Realins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Anitar's mention of a baseball player makes me half-expect the BattleBall minis to be repurposed.
No joke, I'd be *very* into that. I loved that game as a kid and even bought a new copy for myself off eBay a few years back for the hell of it.

But I'd assume it would be too big of a pain in the ass to start new production runs on the old product, just like it seems there may be with original 'Scape figures. That is, if the messages we've been getting from people in the know on those processes are to be believed, which I think they are.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old September 13th, 2022, 11:30 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hasbro is also bringing back Starting Lineup this fall, maybe this is cross-promotion. Maybe the new faction will be a MLB team.
Old September 13th, 2022, 11:34 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

On the subject of the baseball player silhouette (not posted in the news thread because it's not real news)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Tim wears a baseball cap. Tim is from Earth. Tim still can't figure out why Jandar chose him in the bottom of the 9th, with 2 outs and the bases empty, but people still speak of that bizarre lightning strike in the middle of Fenway park that afternoon...
Old September 13th, 2022, 11:58 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Are there sketches and concept art from the old stuff somewhere? That would be really interesting to see how it develzand what it turned into in the end.

The terrain and the gimongous size of some of the minis makes me suspect HeroScape will be going for a new scale. It looks like other tabletop games with buildings and huge barriers, etc.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 14th, 2022, 06:20 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Hasbro is also bringing back Starting Lineup this fall, maybe this is cross-promotion.
Great news, I hadn't heard this - thanks! My dream of a Bartolo Colon Starting Lineup figure might come true!
Old September 14th, 2022, 06:57 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
But also... OOH, those new ruins are *very much* something I want in my collection, like right now, like asap, like STAT.

And modular overgrowth pieces? YES PLEASE.

*edit* I found the thread where all the updates are posted.

I actually hope that is not the actual scale, looking at the Kyrie. Could have trouble finding room to store all this new terrain if we're getting this many different items in such large sizes. Guessing this is just the concept art submitted from which the final designs were chosen. I wonder how many different plants/ruins they ended up going to production with?
I actually like the idea of getting a number of large LOS blockers that it appears characters may be able to walk on.
That being said I doubt they're all going to be as big as it seems. I'm assuming some of these will strictly be concept art and the choice will be to make them smaller.
I'm hoping a couple will be that big though. Imagine the 4th with ruin height advantage...of course if you ruin their height advantage that wouldn't help.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 14th, 2022 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Doubt...the only word in spelling that makes you feel its meaning.
Old September 14th, 2022, 08:51 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Perhaps they have hired Dr. Weirdscaper as the lead for the terrain design, and each day will feature an even larger piece - culminating with Tactical Mobile Fortress 03.
Old September 14th, 2022, 08:56 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Nice call back to @Dr. Weirdscaper .

I hadn't thought about that scaper in a minute. He came up for an event or two in DFW back in the day. Good times!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; September 14th, 2022 at 11:52 AM. Reason: how do you do the @ thingy?...think i got it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion