Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Darkmage7A, if the sculpt is unappealing, it does not belong in the HeroScape universe. Other things might also trigger the same response, but for me, that was it, this time.

Here endeth my explanation.

Thank you again for the nomination.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 29th, 2010, 11:27 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

The Tanaruuk is not a great looking figure, but it is not that bad:

It seems the one on the card is more pale than the one pictured in the gallery.

Not upset with the look, because we do have Feral & Ice trolls which are not the best looking figures either. I'm unsure of the power as written if it can be exploited, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Yes
to review Unuuk

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 30th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm a little concerned by Unukk's potential to run amok against a Viper or Ashigaru army (and for only 50 points), but at the same time Savage Frenzy looks like enough fun to give him a harder look.

I vote YES to review.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I'm a little concerned by Unukk's potential to run amok against a Viper or Ashigaru army (and for only 50 points), but at the same time Savage Frenzy looks like enough fun to give him a harder look.
If he has the last order marker of the round he could wreak havoc on a heavily used common squad, especially a bonding squad since it is more likely to have multiple order markers on its card. This does concern me since it means he could possibly have an attack of 5 with who knows how many attacks on a semi-clustered squad(s). However, this may not necessarily be a common scenario (although it does offer strategic use of OMs on him).

So, I will go ahead and get off the fence and vote Yes to review Unukk (although I agree with DS on the sculpt).
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think he's fragile enough that any common squad that's really scared of him could reliably kill him before he goes crazy.

It does concern me slightly that Savage Frenzy doesn't have a D20 roll attached to it, but like I said - he's fragile.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I like the sculpt, call me crazy, but ugly is the new ugly, you know?

However, I am concerned with the power's lack of a limit. It's not like hordes of common squads are rare things (in fact, I assume this unit was made as a purposeful counter to the current metagame), but I still worry about uncapped powers. (I recognize there is a physical, in game, limit, but most attack powers in Scape have a built in limit--or belong to a fairly weak unit.) I tend to be conservative on power issues like this one.

It also bothers me a bit that the units most vulnerable to this unit are ones that are already fairly disadvantaged--low cost, melee, low defense common squads. I'd love to try it against a 4th Mass horde, but sadly it is most powerful against things like Grut Orcs, that already struggle to be viable in the game.

While I love the idea and seriously do like the sculpt, I vote NO to review Unukk in his current form.
Old December 30th, 2010, 05:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm liking everything about this guy, including the sculpt, though that could change when I get one in hand (if I think I am going to vote yes to induct a unit into the SoV I will make sure I get it in hand first to do an aesthetics review on it, to make sure it 'fits' as one of my personal criteria). An endless attack isn't unprecedented in Scape (Erevan Sunshadow and one of the Deathwalkers are a couple of examples),and I think killercactus brings up a good point about his fragility keeping him in check. Regardless I want to try it out.

Yes to review Unukk

-insert signature here-
Old December 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Gamebears's Unukk has received 4 YES votes to review (Killometer, Lamaclown, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on to being reviewed.

Last edited by Killometer; December 31st, 2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old December 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Darkmage7a's Unukk has received 4 YES votes to review (Killometer, Lamaclown, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and moves on to being reviewed.
I'd like to point out that I did not design this unit. It is entirely Gamebear's creation. I tried to give credit to the designer in the initial nomination by saying so directly under the card, perhaps I should have drawn more attention to that fact. Sorry if I accidentally mislead anyone.
Old December 31st, 2010, 01:30 AM

I missed that in the spoiler. Correcting entries now.

Old January 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just found out that my custom was under consideration - thank you for being willing to review Unukk! Please see my initial post for a write-up of the unit. I am happy to answer questions or discuss Unukk further in my customs thread.

Thanks again - I look forward to reading the reviews.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I vote NO to accept Priscus into the SoV.

This is a fun addition to the Capuans with a smart way to keep balance with Spartacus even in a huge point army. I like the unit quite a lot--I very narrowly didn't vote YES--but have a few issues. Maybe these are just me, but here they are, fwiw:

A) The pin shield SA subtracting two dice--that quite a lot.
B) The attack aura being 3 spaces--that's a big step up from similarly costed cheerleading/bonding units (think, Taelord vs. Finn).
C) The fact this unit requires a repaint of a current unit--not something I want to do a lot of really.

Several tests revealed that the Shield Pin is quite solid, but doesn't seem to be too unbalanced. This isn't the biggest issue, just one more.

The aura works well, but seems designed for by the Caps as only being a 3 man melee squad. However, I am concerned about the future of Gladiators--since the power does not specify only adjacent attacks getting a boost, this may limit the future of gladiators. There are a lot of ideas out there for Glads with range and this unit makes incorporating them a bit tougher. Bottomline for me, this power works as is--it's tough and might deserve a small price bump--but it works fairly well, but it is really limiting to custom work on future Glads, imo.

Should a unit be voted down for units that don't exist yet? Well, I think, yes. A unit should not create a mechanic that limits future units unnecessarily, imo. I'd like to see the card specific adjacent attacks, personally, or bump up the cost a bit.

Finally, the issue of sculpt. This is not a big issue, but it is an issue, for me, however small. I'll be clear, I'll always be a bit harsher on a unit that requires a repaint--esp. one that suggests an actual physical mod of an existing unit.

Anyhow, sorry for being a downer. But I have to be honest. I think this unit is extremely close to being an SoV unit (and my fellow judges may still consider it appropriate), but I'd like to see the cost jump slightly and/or see the aura adjusted. Icing on the cake, would be finding another sculpt/figure that could be used.

Thank you, Filthy, for creating this unit. Very solid and one I hope joins the SoV, sooner or later. Very nice work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs