Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Hobbit:Unexpected Journey scape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Actually, I think my thoughts were colored by your original Thorin. So, ignore my comment about overpowered.

Have you considered adding a Gandalf the White and allowing Gandalf the Grey to transform into Gandalf the White if he dies? Something like C3G's Billy Batson/Captain Marvel combination. I think that'd be pretty cool.
That would be pretty cool, except for one problem. Boromir and Kermit have allready taken that idea. granted, I could use it, but it would skyrocket gandalf's point value, as gandalf the white would be significantly more powerful than any other wizzard character. Also, if gandalf was killed during, say, the Quest for the Lonely Mountain, would he have come back, or was that just because he had a mission to fullfil in The War of the Ring? I think, that if Gandalf was to return as Gandalf the White, it whould probably be in a scenario not on the card, as good of an idea as it was. Maybe I could put it on Gandalf the White's card, and have him start out as Gandalf the grey and, If Ole Mithradir is destroyed, you can put gandalf the white in it's place. Thanks for the sudgestion, but now I'm going to lose sleep tonight trying to decide wether or not to give him this ability.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Okay not really The Hobbit, bu certainly middle Earth, Aragorn, heir to the throne of Gondor!

Aragorn
[IMG][/IMG]

Tell me what you guys think and what the Point value should be. Here's the rules for the Valar Symbol[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:37 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think for Track, you should have to have at least one order marker on Aragorn, like Mogrimm.

Warrior's Defense sounds strange for a power that adds to offense. While it could be taken as witty, it could also just be confusing.

I like the Valar symbol idea, but I think I'd almost rather it had a better chance of activating but not remove all wounds from the hero. It could just be too demoralizing to attack and attack someone and then have them heal from it. I'd rather Aragorn was running around, fighting bravely and continuing on despite all his wounds, hanging on to life.

I get what you're saying about Gandalf in regards to Grey/White. I guess I don't play enough campaigns to think that way. I want his awesomeness to help me out in a battle so I don't lose. But, if you're looking to run through campaigns with these, I could see that just being a house rule. Something like Gandalf the White cannot be chosen for your army until Gandalf the Grey has died in the campaign.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I think for Track, you should have to have at least one order marker on Aragorn, like Mogrimm.

Warrior's Defense sounds strange for a power that adds to offense. While it could be taken as witty, it could also just be confusing.

I like the Valar symbol idea, but I think I'd almost rather it had a better chance of activating but not remove all wounds from the hero. It could just be too demoralizing to attack and attack someone and then have them heal from it. I'd rather Aragorn was running around, fighting bravely and continuing on despite all his wounds, hanging on to life.

I get what you're saying about Gandalf in regards to Grey/White. I guess I don't play enough campaigns to think that way. I want his awesomeness to help me out in a battle so I don't lose. But, if you're looking to run through campaigns with these, I could see that just being a house rule. Something like Gandalf the White cannot be chosen for your army until Gandalf the Grey has died in the campaign.
Okay, first off the TRACK 3. I agree. The idea is Aragorn can read the signs of the land so that he can get the jump on his opponent. That, of course, couldn't work if he was sitting in the background Smoking his Pipe.

As for the Warriors Defense/offense. Some say Aragorn is an Offensive Character. Others way he is a Defensive. But from what I've seen from the Movies, is that Aragorn is a great All arounder. It felt to me, that his fighting skill/methoods are alot like the Viking Champions in Heroscape. But which one? Well, finlaly, I decided that because he is an all arounder, he would get an attack booster and a defense booster. But maybe that IS a bit confusing.

As for the Valar symbol. I forgot to say, a character can only use it ONCE. The idea came from me when he fell off the cliff in the Warg Scene. What sould have been qualified as extreme falling damage in heroescape and should have killed him, didn't. Mainly because of his elf girlfiend. At lesat in the FILM that's how it went. Normally, the valar symbol is only going to be possesed by Elf characters, but Aragorn is the only exception I can think of.
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, using the Valar symbol only once makes a big difference. I can see where you're going with it now. If it only works once, I might even improve the odds, have it work half the time or even slightly more.

I think Aragorn's abilities seem too low. He's slow, low in life (might be okay with Valar) and doesn't attack very hard. I also don't understand why he can't hit rangers with his bow. If a ranger is standing out in the open, they're not impervious to arrows. That part seems unnecessary to me.
Old March 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Okay, using the Valar symbol only once makes a big difference. I can see where you're going with it now. If it only works once, I might even improve the odds, have it work half the time or even slightly more.

I think Aragorn's abilities seem too low. He's slow, low in life (might be okay with Valar) and doesn't attack very hard. I also don't understand why he can't hit rangers with his bow. If a ranger is standing out in the open, they're not impervious to arrows. That part seems unnecessary to me.
Well, Aragorn is not imortal. Can he take on 20-30 Moria Orcs, heck ya. Can he take on say, hulk, heck no. As cool as he is, he has his limits and is themed so that he can surive well in both his own, and the Classic scape world, but not in say the Star Wars or Marvel world. As for the Ranger bow, Rangers are stealthy. That is obvious. I've noticed that certain people give certain characters certain abilities just because they could do it in the Book/Movie/Cartoon the characters from. In my oppinion, we should only give abilities that the character could/would use in combat. Aragorn only used his bow (in the Film) in one scene. This tells me that he doesn't use it often, but does use it. He also took forever to ready it. This tells me that he isn't exactly a Marksman and it takes forever to use. As far as I'm concerned, If by the time Aragorn whips out his bow, readies it, Aims, and looses (seein he's NOT a profesiona) The Ranger would be GONE.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM

Your Aragorn moves at the same speed as the dwarves, which doesn't seem accurate at all. Aragorn should be swift and fluid. Being slow will open him up to being peppered by anything with range (particularly over uneven ground) and make it difficult for him to gain height on his opponents. Both of those (and his low life total) make him fairly fragile.
Old March 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Yay! A card I can read!

Ummm... Am I the only person here who thinks that five abilities is WAY too many? There is only one unit in all Official 'Scape that has four abilities, Sonya Esenwein. And two of those powers were givens.

First, if you're giving him a symbol, just put the symbol on the card.

Second, The Warrior's Defense Spirit. I seem to recall hearing about a misprinted card like this. Thorgrim has the Warrior's Defense Spirit and it increases the defense of the unit by one.

Finally, I know he's a ranger, but I don't see a bow on that sculpt. Get rid of the Ranger Bow Special Attack.

That should help a lot. Keep at it, and you're gonna make a great customizer one day.

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Yay! A card I can read!

Ummm... Am I the only person here who thinks that five abilities is WAY too many? There is only one unit in all Official 'Scape that has four abilities, Sonya Esenwein. And two of those powers were givens.

First, if you're giving him a symbol, just put the symbol on the card.

Second, The Warrior's Defense Spirit. I seem to recall hearing about a misprinted card like this. Thorgrim has the Warrior's Defense Spirit and it increases the defense of the unit by one.

Finally, I know he's a ranger, but I don't see a bow on that sculpt. Get rid of the Ranger Bow Special Attack.

That should help a lot. Keep at it, and you're gonna make a great customizer one day.

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
I was going to make it just a symbol, but that symbol is only going to elves, and aragorn is by no means to be considered an elf, but just has elf help. As for the Thorgrim thing, uh, well, you see,..... whoops. Suppose I misprinted. Sorry. As for the bow, In the scene, he reached into his backpack area whiped out his bow and aimed at the door, along with Legolas. The Scene was Balin's Tomb. I didn't think he had a bow either, til he pulled it out. Also serenity, you're right about his misserably pathetic speed. In Two Towers, we were all laughing at how quick aragorn and legolas were and how Gimli was always lingering behind. This would make him run at the same pace as Gimli, which is not at all accurate. I think I'll fix all this tommorow.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:03 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

My point is that sometimes you have too many abilities for a card. In this case, you need to choose which side of Aragorn you want: Strider the Ranger or Aragorn, the True King of Gondor. Maybe you should make two separate cards.

And up his life to five. Valar symbol or not, he doesn't feel right at four.

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
My point is that sometimes you have too many abilities for a card. In this case, you need to choose which side of Aragorn you want: Strider the Ranger or Aragorn, the True King of Gondor. Maybe you should make two separate cards.

And up his life to five. Valar symbol or not, he doesn't feel right at four.

~Sir Yeshua Forgemaster
Okay then. Perhaps 5 life IS more in order. Maybe I'll Drop Ranger bow, and then have a special rule for the Balin's Tomb scenario, seeing that he did only use it once.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM

Sorry guys, Its been awhile! I am currently working out Aragorn's kinks (sort of) and I'm working on The Eagles. I've been wondering, other that flight, what kind of abilities would you give them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards