Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: How far are you willing to travel for an NHSD event?
Less than 30 minutes. If there is not an event in my city then I won't attend 3 3.90%
30-90 minutes. I'd travel to another close city to attend an event. 22 28.57%
90 Minutes - 3 hours. Quite a drive but still sleep in my own bed 35 45.45%
3 hours or more. I'd make a multi day trip over it and sleep on the road. 11 14.29%
No distance would keep me from NHSD, I'll fly to another country if I have to! 3 3.90%
I wouldn't leave my city but would host my own event instead! 3 3.90%
I won't attend NHSD at all. 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 5th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How far are you willing to travel for NHSD

I have traveled pretty far in the past to attend NHSD events. My first was a 1200 mile drive that I took a week off work for. Of course I was visiting family as well. The next one was the first Rocky Mountain Rumble which was about a 90 minute drive for me. So I want to know how far people are willing to travel for an NHSD event. That doesn't mean you actually are traveling that far.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: How far are you willing to travel for NHSD

Hmmm. I'd probably be willing to drive as far as 4+ hours for a big enough tourney (NHSD or otherwise) as long as I had someone to split gas and hotel costs with.

Of course I'd like to go to GenCon, too, and that's at least 4 hours in the air, plus airport hassle.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:10 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

I guess it is an easy question since I host the event typically - but considering I spend between three and four hours setting up for big events....I would consider driving that far easily. I don't mind setting up though but the help after the event is so very appreciated.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I ticked 90mins to 3hrs. I'd be fine with a bit longer but wouldn't go as far as an overnight trip I don't think.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I ticked 90mins to 3hrs. I'd be fine with a bit longer but wouldn't go as far as an overnight trip I don't think.
Ditto. I wouldn't be able to buy a room in the first place.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

If its not less then thirty minutes away i can't go

Old August 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I, KillerCactus, SouthwestNinja, or others will be planning one. However, even if I plan it, I would make it farther away from me so it is within 90 minutes of the most NorthEast Ohio Scapers as possible. I think any more, and less people are willing to go the extra mile (literalness intended). The columbus people usually attend our or Cinti/Datyon scapers, which is 2+ hours for them, but I am unsure if I myself would go that far - so it is a matter of each person's desire to scape over other things.
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I drive from San Marcos, TX to Dallas, TX for every tournament I've been to. It's a 4-5 hour drive one way, I usually leave my home at 6-7a and drive back that same day.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

3 years running, I've gone to the TTO, which I break up into 2 3-hour drives and staying over with friends in Iowa City.

It's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:29 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've gone to Nebraksa and back on the same day ... I think it was like 5 hours one-way ... take a HS break ..... and then 5 more hours on the road and come back home at midnight or a little after.

I had plans to make it to Kansas City ( about 6 hours ) but as of yet I have not made it. I think nothing of a two hour trip to the Twin Cities to play, and Rochester is even closer about 90 min

Anything with in a days travel is worth it in my book.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:39 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've yet to attend a NHS (I'm always busy on those days, go figure) but pretty much every tournament I go to is a 3hour trip. I'm perfectly situated her in north jersey so that I'm just out of reach for most NESA events (3.5 hours is my breaking point) and I'm just barely in reach for the Maryland events. In fact, I'm still two hours away from the Eastern PA events.

It kind of sucks a lot. But I still go all the time...
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well it's sort of difficult to answer this question. The past three tournaments I've gone to were 45 minutes away. But pretty much, I'd like to stick under 90 minutes, but wouldn't mind going over my maybe half an hour or so.

~Rednax

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day