Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 20th, 2022, 12:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I feel like it would be a travesty to spray my old figures into mono-color.

I’ve got two kids to use as free labor. Time to teach them (and myself) how to paint.
I have been having fun painting Arena of the Planeswalkers figures with my kids. Army Painter Speedpaints for the win! Much faster and easier than traditional mini paints.

Note that when painting with your kids you have to accept that they will
- occasionally make strange color choices
- may not necessarily cover the entire figure with paint (i.e. primer will show through in places)
- will use one color for more parts of the figure than you might have. For example, my 9yo son is particularly prone to covering most of a figure's clothing in "hardened leather," which makes it look pretty dark/washed out on top of the darker primers I used on the first figures he painted.

I already had multiple AotP sets, but I've bought a few more off of eBay for (among other reasons) getting additional chances to try my hand at painting and making sure each of my kids has a chance to paint a given figure if they want to (without taking away from *my* chance to paint the figure the way I want it to look).

This is one of the reasons I'm getting multiple AoA Vanguard sets too.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion