Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: AoA Map Contest Poll Round 2A
Eltania by Flash_19 15 78.95%
Wool by dunedain 9 47.37%
Hexcelmans by Foudzing 2 10.53%
Embroiled by Ulysses 9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 27th, 2024, 07:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
AoA Map Contest Poll Round 2A

AoA Map Contest Poll Round 2A

Here is the link to the original contest thread: AoA Map Contest

It's time to vote for what you believe are the best AoA maps from the pool!

Rounds 1 and 2 you will be able to vote for multiple maps, but only 2 from each poll move on to the next round! For the 3rd and Final Round, you will only get to vote for 1 map to determine the winner!

Please leave some feedback and your thoughts on each map for the polls. So even if the map doesn't make it to the next round, perhaps it'll see some improvements before the official release of Age of Annihilation!

Thank you to @SkyWhale for providing photos for all the maps except 2, so we have a more accurate look for every map! The ice tiles represent the upcoming wellspring water tiles.

The maps are randomly split into the different polls.

Eltania:
Requires 1x AoA, 1x BftW (BB1), 1x TJ (TGaLE)

Spoiler Alert!

Wool:
Requires 1x AoA, 1xLJ

Spoiler Alert!

Hexcelmans:
Requires 1x AoA, 1xLJ

Spoiler Alert!

Embroiled
Requires: 1 AoA and 1 JaLE

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 28th, 2024, 10:18 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AoA Map Contest Poll Round 2A

Some brief thoughts...

Eltania by Me
Insert biased biasness here.

Wool by Dunedain
I like the look of this one. I think the jungle could have been utilized a little better, but maybe the slight advantage to the right side jungle wise works with the nature of the split start zones and how that side has fewer start zone spaces. Not really sure what else to nitpick here without playtesting. But again, it looks solid.

Hexcelmans by Foudzing
Not sure if Foudzing was just trying to troll me with this map.... :P It does look pretty good overall, but I don't love the glyph areas, particularly the glyphs on level 0. I wish the area through the middle had a little more oomph to it as well. There's maybe just a little too much flat space between and around those center most jungle pieces. I think a couple small tweaks would make this one shine.

Embroiled by Ulysses
This one is close for me, it just feels a little unpolished. It feels like the two pillars and the single hex by the start zone were kinda slapped there as a bandaid to make the start zones more clear. I do appreciate the effort to make clear start zones, but I feel those terrain pieces could have been better utilized elsewhere. Also, I don't love all the water around the one glyph side creating the single hex choke points. I think it could bog down that glyph area too much. I think I really like the middle though (obviously would need to playtest it).

As a sidenote - I think it is a shame that Sundered Sea Stronghold by Sheep didn't get enough votes to make it to this round. It is definitely one of my favorite maps from this contest.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old April 28th, 2024, 11:30 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I notice that no AoA-only maps made it to round 2 (and few entrants even conidered using AoA alone, and it makes sense Jungle terrain makes for prettier maps). I think may be worth a follow-up contest that only covers that set, so that there's a good community showcase for new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old April 30th, 2024, 08:58 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Hexcelmans by Foudzing
Not sure if Foudzing was just trying to troll me with this map.... :P It does look pretty good overall, but I don't love the glyph areas, particularly the glyphs on level 0. I wish the area through the middle had a little more oomph to it as well. There's maybe just a little too much flat space between and around those center most jungle pieces. I think a couple small tweaks would make this one shine.
It's perfect don't touch my masterpiece.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games