Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 12th, 2023, 04:48 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Midwest Melee III (Omaha) Nov 11th

Thanks to everyone who came out. It was great being able to use my own space, as it saved lots of set up and tear down time. It was an fun series of games.

The elf pods won the day, with Ken and Ezra taking first and second (Ezra's only lose being to Ken. Good job beating a 12 year old Ken). There were no Q9s, which we were kind of surprised at, but Taelord showed up and fit pretty decently in Josh's army: boosting 5 attacks between Krug and the arrows was cool to see. I put way too much thought into my army, and then still only went 1/1/1.

Some guys played an extra 4th game, results of which I did not include.

Armies Played: (Win/Loss/Bye) All Raelin's are RotV.
Ken: Rae, Ulginesh, KG, Chardis, Jordawn, Arkmer (3/0)
Ezra: Rae, Ulginesh, KG, Chardis, Jordawn, Arkmer (2/1)
Malachi: Ornak, Brunak, Blades x1, NGS, Hydra, Isamu, Marcu (2/1)
Ryan : Nilfheim, Knights x2, Thorgrim (2/1) (correct?)
Josh: Isamu, Taelord, DK x1, Arrow Gruts x1, Krug, Tarn, Guilty (1/1/1)
Paul: Laglor, Nakitas, Q10, Tarn, Izumi (1/1/1)
Genevieve: Carr, Gladiatrons, Braxas, Syv (1/2)
Justin: Arrows x2, Jotun, Krug, Swog (1/2)
Trevor: Sentinels: Charos, Raelin, Thorgrim (0/3)
Josh 2: Dwarves x2, PK x2, Mo, Otonashi (0/1)

And not that she will see this, but thanks to my wife for providing lunch for the 3rd year in a row!

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Last edited by Garenex; November 12th, 2023 at 06:23 PM.
Old November 14th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Had I gone, I was planning on going with Glads X2, Blasts X2, Laglor, Zetacron…which, looking at it, I think would have done pretty well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 14th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Had I gone, I was planning on going with Glads X2, Blasts X2, Laglor, Zetacron…which, looking at it, I think would have done pretty well.
That's over right?

Glads x 2 - 160 + 40 tax - 200
Blasts x 2 - 120 + 40 tax - 360
Laglor - 470
Zetacron - 530?

You can drop Zeta.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 14th, 2023, 12:26 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
That's over right?

Laglor - 470
Zetacron - 530?

You can drop Zeta.
oh...weird...clearly I can't math. not sure what I was doing there. But yeah, I guess it woulda been Marcu in place of Zeta then...so yeah, just a Glad/Blast core backed by Laglor.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 14th, 2023, 02:57 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's over right?

Laglor - 470
Zetacron - 530?

You can drop Zeta.
oh...weird...clearly I can't math. not sure what I was doing there. But yeah, I guess it woulda been Marcu in place of Zeta then...so yeah, just a Glad/Blast core backed by Laglor.
If it makes you feel any better I had to triple check because I've been spoiled with Chris' website army builder.

The Tron build I was looking at for my son was Raelin SotM instead of Laglor.

The approach up to the Elf Wizards probably would have dictated that game. If they can destroy enough Glads before they get engaged I think they can win that fairly easily. If the glads can get there with 5+ glads I think the Trons could be tough. But the elves hit pretty hard with Chardris, Jorhdawn, and Arkmer. Plus engagement strike might have been a thing.

Old November 14th, 2023, 04:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Are my eyes deceiving me or did Ken play ranged units?
Old November 14th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me or did Ken play ranged units?
And Raelin.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 14th, 2023 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Blasphemy!
Old November 14th, 2023, 04:51 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm shocked. 😲
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's over right?

Laglor - 470
Zetacron - 530?

You can drop Zeta.
If it makes you feel any better I had to triple check because I've been spoiled with Chris' website army builder.

The Tron build I was looking at for my son was Raelin SotM instead of Laglor.

The approach up to the Elf Wizards probably would have dictated that game. If they can destroy enough Glads before they get engaged I think they can win that fairly easily. If the glads can get there with 5+ glads I think the Trons could be tough. But the elves hit pretty hard with Chardris, Jorhdawn, and Arkmer. Plus engagement strike might have been a thing.
The way to approach it, for me, would be to platform Glads as best I can outside of elf range (on height, jungle etc) and throw a bunch of pings of 1 from 9 range at the elf pod. Then, after developing the glads sufficiently, wait for an initiative switch or glyph grab (move or disengage or something) before assaulting. It's still very dependent on Glads surviving the initial assault, but 8 activations vs 2 activations is a pretty significant advantage (2X as many attacks and 4X as many movements)...so I feel pretty confident about that matchup overall being in the Glad/Blast favor.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events