Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 5th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!
More than 3 special abilities?

Are there any figures besides Sonya Esenwein with four special abilities? I was thinking of doing this for a custom, which is of course my prerogative, but I really want to stay true to the spirit of the game as much as possible. Just curious.

Thanks,
-CK

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: More than 3 special abilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto-Knight View Post
Are there any figures besides Sonya Esenwein with four special abilities? I was thinking of doing this for a custom, which is of course my prerogative, but I really want to stay true to the spirit of the game as much as possible. Just curious.

Thanks,
-CK
Nope, Sonya is the only official figure who has 4 powers. But, although most don't recommend it(even me), the world of customs doesn't have to follow suit with all of the official "rules". It'd be a good idea to try to keep the number of powers down, and if possible, combine them(which is standard when it comes to the official units ).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:10 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I believe Sonya is all by herself with four powers on her card.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by flameslayer93.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Techinically, half the Marvel figures have 4 powers if you include superstrength. Sonya does set the precident for official figures, and I could see a custom with them if 2 or more of the powers are standard ones such as flying, disengage, counterstrike, etc. But I would not like a unit with 3 original powers so one more power would be really bad.
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you guys. I'm assuming the lovely miss Sonya is the exception that proves the rule, and stick with the 3. Thanks.

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Keeping in mind that one of Sonya's powers is a drawback she stands alone as the only 4 powers unit because of that fact. In C3V when I look at the units we create I look over the powers thinking of how that effects the game or if its really necessary for the unit. Units with 3 powers sometimes are just fluff while others they make the unit better. I always look back at how some of the best units in the game still come from the first master set and only have 1 or 2 powers.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Keeping in mind that one of Sonya's powers is a drawback she stands alone as the only 4 powers unit because of that fact.
It goes farther than that. Two are basically iconic vampire powers (flying and life drain. One is a drawback as you say, and the other is a d20 boost to a specific hero.

I think the big considerations are theme and simplicity. Sonya is a fairly simple character. Those two powers unique to her could be thought of as one and the same power. They define her, and it fits with the theme of the character. They could have been combined to make a three power hero, but it makes a lot more sense to have them be two separate powers. It is an easier card to understand with four powers than it would have been with three. I would say to capture the theme you want with your custom in as simple a way as possible.

Last edited by Agent Minivann; January 6th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:34 AM

Thanks, Robb and Agent. I definitely think I've over-complicated my custom and that was one intent of my question, so I'd know what to do to keep it more in line with HeroScape's spirit. Time for some editing....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards