Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 30th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: Magic Duels: Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
"Who is going to play some card game when they can role-play?" laughter

My response to being asked if I wanted to demo a new game called Magic at Gen Con way back in the day.

~Tornado, non-prophet-ly
Curse my empty rep popgun, but this made my day.

I've recently fallen down the rabbit hole I crawled out some time after Fourth Edition. I heard about something called a Cube and decided to investigate it. Then I heard about Pauper and Peasant Cubes with the sirens' song that it was an affordable path. Just a little bit o' Magic, you see. Perfectly painless. Perfectly affordable.

Ok, so I located a place that sells complete collections of commons and uncommons (1 copy of each card) from several sets. I discovered this after already purchasing a 5,000 card bulk "spin the wheel and takes your chances" collection of commons only. Oh, yeah, and that was after purchasing all 5 decks of Commander 2014. Did I mention getting Deckbuilder's Toolkits from three different core sets?

I have nephews who were into Yu-gi-oh and like Magic. My brother also expressed interest. At least I'll be able to actually play when we meet next for gaming.

I shuffled the Gatecrashers commons and did a Winston draft for two sides (solo), built both decks (40 card per limited format), and played best of three solo. I had a blast, and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting up with my bloodline for a day 'o drafting. But looking at the carnage that used to be my bank account, I do confess I went overboard.

An online version does sound like fun, but my metered internet connection pretty much closes that option. I need to locate my self control at some point to keep falling further down the hole, but I'm not quite ready to climb out until I hook up with my bloodline for some drafting fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games