Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 5x400 General Wars! West Chester PA tournament - June 16

Put my brother-in-law Ricky down as a possible. I have been trying to convince him to come to an event for a while (especially one at games keep as he lives about 10 minutes from there). I'd say it's unlikely, but I'll be working on him.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:19 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I'm just checking in after being off-line for a week to say, "DARN-IT!"

I was soooo loooking forward to having some serious...
Utgar - 6x Stingers vs 6x Stingers,
Jandar - 5x 4th Mass vs 5x 4th Mass,
Einar - 5x 10th Regi vs 5x 10th Regi,
Aquilla - 5x AGOTBFs vs 5x AGOTBF,
Vydar - 4x MicroCorps vs 4x MircoCorps,
Ullar - 7x Vipers vs. 7x Vipers, etc.
...action. Since having the same or similar armies (like a Chess match) should separate the grognards from the neophytes. BUT I do understand the need for certain restrictions AND I'm okay with limiting ALL common squads to a maximum of three (or two, or one if you prefer) as long as you don't limit the the total size of the Army to only 10 or even 15 figures.

I just thought of another potential problem, regarding this issue. If players are sharing the same collection (i.e. The Epic brothers, Clan & Xanth, or DS2 & gf) then they will have to build and bring ten armies, and then they may not be able to both use the same figures. It is unlikely that everyone owns 10x 4th, 10th, KOW, AGOTBF, etc. and they may have to borrow units from other participants.

I think Spidy's suggestion of writing the five general's names on pieces of paper and then putting them into a hat to be drawn out individually, even if you seal them up in envelopes to be opened at the start of each round, is the easiest way to randomize the order in which they are going to be played. It just makes more sense than coming up with a complicated numeric system matching the d10 or d20, unless someone can come up with a d5, so that alphabetically: 1=E, 2=J, 3=U/A, 4=Ut, 5=V/V. And I totally agree that Vydar and Valkrill should be on the same team because their names begin with the same letter ("V"), but Ullie and Aquillie - I'm not so sure about why we're putting them together. Are they a couple or is it just a "convenience" relationship?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:19 AM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Some map suggestions Tom.

Dignan's newest

And another from him that looks kinda cool

An interesting one from Killometer "Mauna Killa"

An offering from Typhon2222 "Stygian Rift"

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Spidysox

I added Ricky to the possibles list and have added three of the four maps you suggested to the map pool. I left out Stygian Rift because I have played on it before and have a few other maps I want to add.

@Johngee

I am hoping that the build restrictions will make a wider array of armies competitive for the format. This should help players who have smaller collections or have to share amongst several people. As usual, I am willing to lend figures that I am not using to people that want them. Just ask.

I will probably just draw the general's names from a hat to determine who fights each round. That idea is the best one I have heard so far. The reason Ullar and Aquilla are paired up is because they have some synergies between them (Monks/Master Woo or Venoc Warlord/MRT) and they both have a small number of units. Valkrill and Vydar are lumped because they were the leftovers and like you said, they both start with V.
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM

I'll bring "Shards" and "Cage Match" Tom.

Old May 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Please put Mason and myself as confirmed for this event, Justine as possible, and we will bring Moltenclaw's Gulch
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:58 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
@Johngee

I am hoping that the build restrictions will make a wider array of armies competitive for the format. This should help players who have smaller collections or have to share amongst several people. As usual, I am willing to lend figures that I am not using to people that want them. Just ask.
I completely agree with your (and others) attempt to make a wider array of armies competitive for this and various formats... it's just a PITA to have to figure out new strategies and even come up with the right combinations every time we get together.

&obtw: What figures will you be using for this event, so that I know which ones NOT to ask to borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I will probably just draw the general's names from a hat to determine who fights each round. That idea is the best one I have heard so far. The reason Ullar and Aquilla are paired up is because they have some synergies between them (Monks/Master Woo or Venoc Warlord/MRT) and they both have a small number of units. Valkrill and Vydar are lumped because they were the leftovers and like you said, they both start with V.
Ah yes... those wonderful synergies. I kewl with that - as long as there's no hanky-panky going on in the back-story that I'm not aware of.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Tom, there is no way we'll be able to come.

I'm basically working three jobs at the moment and it was recklessly optimistic of me to contemplate the trip.

It looks great, though; I'm sure everyone will have a good time.

Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I'll bring "Shards" and "Cage Match" Tom.
Awesome! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post
Please put Mason and myself as confirmed for this event, Justine as possible, and we will bring Moltenclaw's Gulch
Awesome! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Tom, there is no way we'll be able to come.

I'm basically working three jobs at the moment and it was recklessly optimistic of me to contemplate the trip.

It looks great, though; I'm sure everyone will have a good time.

Spoiler Alert!
Boo, but I completely understand. Between work and family obligations it has been getting harder and harder for me to do these events as well. Add a long drive on top of that and its just not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I completely agree with your (and others) attempt to make a wider array of armies competitive for this and various formats... it's just a PITA to have to figure out new strategies and even come up with the right combinations every time we get together.

&obtw: What figures will you be using for this event, so that I know which ones NOT to ask to borrow?
I have no idea what I am going to bring to this thing yet. Coming up with new armies and strategies prior to the tournament is half the fun for me. If you want, I will make your armies up for you to save you the trouble. I promise they will be awesome.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got 4 of the 5 armies figured out. The Ullar/Aquilla build still vexes me.

Playtesting begins this weekend!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:07 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

I guess I'll show up for this one.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Got 4 of the 5 armies figured out. The Ullar/Aquilla build still vexes me.

Playtesting begins this weekend!
Strangely enough the Ullar/Aquilla build is the only build I pretty much have figured out already. Good luck with the playtesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
I guess I'll show up for this one.
Good because you are driving!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events