Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 19th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
I would love to see some Zulus, Aztecs, Conquistadors, Amazons, Atlanteans, and maybe some Demons. Maybe some John Carter of Mars type figures would be cool as well.
All of this ^. Yes please

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 19th, 2023, 05:17 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Might be a bit out there for me, but it could be cool to explore some of those public domain characters (like John carter). I know C3V and even the classic game had public domain characters or one's inspired by them. My top picks would have to be King Kong, Cheshire Cat, Beowulf, and Jekyll/Hyde.
Old June 19th, 2023, 05:32 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Might be a bit out there for me, but it could be cool to explore some of those public domain characters (like John carter). I know C3V and even the classic game had public domain characters or one's inspired by them. My top picks would have to be King Kong, Cheshire Cat, Beowulf, and Jekyll/Hyde.
I have to add something in particular to this list:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyah wgah'nagl fhatagn.
Old June 19th, 2023, 05:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This is why I love unmatched, a great place for all you public domain needs.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 19th, 2023, 06:01 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

King Kong and Beowulf would be cool
Old June 20th, 2023, 02:41 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!

I'll believe it when i see it in stores.

Old June 20th, 2023, 03:35 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

King Kong and Beowulf would be cool
+1 for King Kong and Beowulf! Personally, I would also enjoy Zorro, Sinbad (an Unmatched appearance), and even Paul Bunyan.

With RotV, I enjoyed the pop culture spoofs, such as Legolas and The Matrix. What would be more modern equivalents? The Witcher? John Wick? Minions? I am a bit too out-of-touch to play this game. There are certainly a lot of fantastic contenders in the Heroes of Fiction thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I'll believe it when i see it in stores.
That is reasonable.
Old June 20th, 2023, 08:39 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If Renegade goes for a master set, realistically, what do we think that'll look like? I think RGS is going to try to avoid the pitfalls of the AOA crowdfunding campaign so I think pricing will be a big concern

My hope is that we get about half of the figures, 2/3 of the terrain (jungle and castle walls included), and 10-20 scenarios at around $150, though I could see it being $175. You could make easy money selling packs of other AOA figures (SOTM 5, Kyrie Warriors, etc.) and terrain, but in total it'll undoubtedly cost more than AOA's original package.
Old June 20th, 2023, 11:52 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There is a part of me that would get a kick out of the irony of starting with a squad of penguins with machine guns. Maybe make it a sort of pop culture nod to the Minions as @Myriadite mentioned.
Old June 21st, 2023, 07:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its nice to think that many people besides us site folk are waiting now for some more Renegade information as potential customers. I saw a recent video/podcast where the hosts were mentioning this second revival, and guest Sam Healey (formerly of Dice Tower and now his own Channel) said he still has lots of Heroscape stuff out in his garage!
Old June 21st, 2023, 09:57 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If Renegade goes for a master set, realistically, what do we think that'll look like?
I hope they don't, personally. I don't think a Master Set represents what the market is for Heroscape. We aren't going to have Walmart shelf space to entice kids, this is clearly hobby market. How many of us need more order markers, dice, etc? A "starter set" of some sort would be good for new players, but the rest of us want to pick and choose what we buy, not forced into an all-or-nothing deal like AH's AoA set was.
Old June 21st, 2023, 10:35 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
If Renegade goes for a master set, realistically, what do we think that'll look like? I think RGS is going to try to avoid the pitfalls of the AOA crowdfunding campaign so I think pricing will be a big concern

My hope is that we get about half of the figures, 2/3 of the terrain (jungle and castle walls included), and 10-20 scenarios at around $150, though I could see it being $175. You could make easy money selling packs of other AOA figures (SOTM 5, Kyrie Warriors, etc.) and terrain, but in total it'll undoubtedly cost more than AOA's original package.
I think if they release a master set, they will price it around $50-$99 dollars. Anything above $100 tends to start to lean towards being cost prohibitive in terms of it giving sticker shock to some (not me, since it’s Heroscape, and like a madman, pledged multiple AoA sets haha). Especially since this is releasing to hobby/game stores I have a feeling a price in the triple figures will start to turn off casual browsers who are shelf shopping and interested in trying new games. If I had to pinpoint a price, it would be $89.99 to $99.99. At that price point, we may see a dozen or so figures, some terrain (1/3 to 2/3 of AoA) along with the typically needed materials such as dice, wound markers, a few glyphs, etc.

As you say, a big (maybe the biggest?) takeaway from the failure of the AoA crowdfunding was the price point. Hopefully they don’t over-course correct and only offer small packs, as a good mix of choices/options is best I think, like the OG Heroscape: Master sets, large sets, and small packs, but also do terrain-only packs this time around.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News