Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 16th, 2023, 08:50 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
IMO maybe about a 20% increase in price is worth it. Maybe 30%.
From what I've heard of the current industry, 100% increase at least. Probably more.
Yep, preparing myself for the sticker shock. I'm expecting to be in the $40-50 range for the equivalent of what we got in booster packs (definitely on the higher extreme if they're pre-painted).

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; June 18th, 2023 at 08:44 PM.
Old June 16th, 2023, 09:05 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Quote:
From what I've heard of the current industry, 100% increase at least. Probably more.
Yep, preparing myself for the sticker shock. I'm expecting to be in the $40-50 range for the equivalent of what we got in booster packs (definitely on the higher extreme is they're pre-painted).
Yes, Wizkids sells pre-painted miniature packs for $45 (for example, the Kalaman Military Warband), which include six figures. To buy one standalone pre-painted miniature, it costs around $7. Granted, these are smaller in scale, but how do you think these could compare?

I am certainly not holding my breath on any price expectations; there are a boatload of factors I do not know about. In the end, I am just glad to see it back, and would probably buy the unpainted versions (painting them myself) in order to save money if given the option.
Old June 16th, 2023, 10:09 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart

Aquilla flag bearer. I've wanted one for years and have been waiting on the C3V and SOV boys to make one. It's such a massive hole in my completionist mindset.

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old June 17th, 2023, 07:07 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, preparing myself for the sticker shock. I'm expecting to be in the $40-50 range for the equivalent of what we got in booster packs (definitely on the higher extreme is they're pre-painted).
I'm guessing this is pretty close to the mark. Heroscape was always an expensive game to produce, and it will be even more expensive when the producers don't own the IP, something I just recently realized (I previously assumed Renegade was owned by Hasbro). Just look at how little plastic came in the $30 Marvel set vs. the $40 RotV and SotM sets. I think making Heroscape a profitable product will be an uphill battle for Renegade.
Old June 17th, 2023, 07:56 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear View Post
Aquilla flag bearer. I've wanted one for years and have been waiting on the C3V and SOV boys to make one. It's such a massive hole in my completionist mindset.
The issue has been a figure that works (with availability being one of the bigger hurdles), we want one just as badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm guessing this is pretty close to the mark. Heroscape was always an expensive game to produce, and it will be even more expensive when the producers don't own the IP, something I just recently realized (I previously assumed Renegade was owned by Hasbro). Just look at how little plastic came in the $30 Marvel set vs. the $40 RotV and SotM sets. I think making Heroscape a profitable product will be an uphill battle for Renegade.
Initially (and I'm sure they're counting on it, Renegade would gladly take that 1mil Hasbro scoffed at) I think it will go well regardless of cost (for the most part). Staying power will be the issue. We all can only be stretched so thin.

-insert signature here-
Old June 17th, 2023, 08:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

They would be foolish to not release some sort of base map/mat.
That dramatically cuts down on the necessary plastic to make a map.
Old June 17th, 2023, 08:49 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Perhaps the only thing Planeswalkers got right...
Old June 17th, 2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
They would be foolish to not release some sort of base map/mat.
That dramatically cuts down on the necessary plastic to make a map.
Agreed. Whether it's a tough, thin sheet, a neoprene mat you can roll up, or as @chas mentioned, something like what was done with Plansewalkers. Can do more with terrain themes too that way

-insert signature here-
Old June 17th, 2023, 10:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I still have a Lexan water map, and its occasionally useful. Also several sets of that Planeswalker basic terrain bases, although we don't usually use them.
Old June 17th, 2023, 10:41 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I still have a Lexan water map, and its occasionally useful. Also several sets of that Planeswalker basic terrain bases, although we don't usually use them.
What all of those great mats lack is community-accepted maps using them. One of the biggest things holding those back is a map program that lets you easily incorporate custom items. VS doesn't do the job.

Though I suppose on VS you can just put a bottom layer that roughly matches the mat.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 17th, 2023, 10:47 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

When I look at the actual words in the Renegade Press Release, I can't help but believe that this is a deal to release AoA rather than anything classic. Here's some direct quotes from the release:

"Originally proposed for relaunch in October 2022 by Avalon Hill on Hasbro Pulse’s crowdfunding platform, HasLab, fans shared an outpouring of support for the game’s revival. Now, the organizations have come together to usher in the long-awaited return of Heroscape for the hobby, mass, and specialty markets. Renegade will also partner with Hasbro Pulse to make Heroscape available to as wide an audience as possible."

"Fans will get to experience classic elements of the game they love with all-new content, alongside the introduction of terrain packs, faction boxes, and more. Going forward, Renegade hopes to introduce new models in a variety of configurations and price points for both new and hardcore Heroscape players."

Although their deal with Axis and Allies seems to have brought back the original sets, I really don't think the production cost for original Heroscope is viable today. First off, we heard that the original molds are gone so there would likely be significant cost in recreating them or at least designing official 3D printed models. Next, we all know the cost of painting miniatures was something that Hasbro themselves no longer wanted to do so I cannot imagine Renegade investing in it. Lastly, the cost of all the terrain in the master sets would be astronomical.

More than likely we will see the AoA set split up into a small master set and then terrain specific packs like jungle tree and interlocking wall packs. The new factions would have their own unpainted figure packs.

Now as far as reviving classic scape, I'm sure they could but only after they found the AoA release profitable. They could cut down on the cost of classic by:
- as others said make the lowest level of the maps on the same cardboard design as Planneswalkers. Therefore you'd only need to add much fewer tiles in the set for height and site blockers.
- make new molds for the figures but make them unpainted and cut down the total number to only enough for two preset armies without choices. The other figures can be sold in a terrain pack.
- For classic waves of commons they could release unpainted single squads (times 2, so 6 or 8 figures) and may even use a single mold for each figure.

Overall I'm not sure I see it viable for classic scape in it's original form and although their press release says "new models", I don't think that means newly designed units but rather new molds for already established designs. I'm just being realistic here.
Old June 17th, 2023, 10:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If I end up being able to get those walls and some more jungle trees without having to buy a bunch of figures I don't want, I'll call that a win

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News