Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old September 5th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Does anyone know the official size of game board that Star Wars Legion will use? Is it 3×3, 4x4, or something else?
This is what I've seen.

3x3 for the Core Set battles

6x3 for the normal games

6x3 is the same as Star Wars Armada I believe. From word on the street, 6x3 allows for games to be played on 6x4 tables (pretty standard size for many games that game stores will have), but being 1 foot narrower allows 6 inches on either side for the upgrade cards and such.

I'm kind of getting excited for it. And after assembling about 15 of my Infinity miniatures over the weekend, Legion will be a piece of cake. Talk about "fun", Infinity are pretty true 28mm scale and are metal, coming in anywhere from 3 to 8 pieces each, and some pretty small pieces as well. Though my buddy Chris says that Malifaux figures are still the biggest pain to assemble. The details on the Infinity models are very incredible and jaw dropping, so there is that.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 5th, 2017, 11:17 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks @Harman! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am pretty excited for it too.

I can confirm that Malifaux figures are a pain, as I just recently purchased and assembled my first Malifaux figures last week.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 8th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It's been a little while since playing Frostgrave, so I plan to set it up tonight and try to get another game in with my daughter Morgan. We will try the rules for adding a Captain to our warbands. Should be fun. Planning on demoing this game on the 23rd at a big fundraising event at a game store in Chicago for one of the owners that recently got cancer. I'll likely demo on a 2x2 play area instead of normal 3x3. I'll have pre-made warbands and maybe a cap of 6 figures instead of 10 per warband.

Have been busy since last weekend assembling Infinity minis. Finished with last of 22 of them on Tuesday and primed 9 on Wednesday and the other 13 yesterday. I should be getting 7 more maybe tomorrow from a preorder back in July for an expansion to the Operation Ice Storm 2 player starter set that will bring each faction up to the 300 point standard game level. I have 4 figure support packs for each of the 2 factions from the set too, so I'll actually have over 300 points per side and more options. I haven't based them yet and might go to my buddy Chris's house on Sunday to try to use greenstuff and some custom stamps he has to make cool textures on the bases.

Tonight I plan on priming my 2 teams from the Guild Ball Kickoff set. I want to get those painted before painting the Infinity stuff, and before the Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter stuff comes in probably in October, as I will likely order some figures from that. Tomorrow night a new game store in my town is having a Guild Ball Kickoff demo event and I plan to stop in and check it out. We have a few people in my group into the game, but it will be neat to see some local people get into the game.

Old September 8th, 2017, 01:58 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , that's cool that you'll be playing something you love to play while helping out people in need by demoing games for them. I don't mind putting the figures together but it is nice to have them preassembled. I did get a game of frostgrave in the other day with one of my brothers taking him on with a new wizard against his level six wizard. I did fairly well with my summoner, but his 20 sided die was hot landing 18-20's all but a couple of rolls insta killing just about every guy he was attacking. I ended up not shooting one offensive spell at him and just playing it alternatively different. Even spawned a minor demon that he killed as well. I took a few pictures of the battle that I will load up eventually, its just been super busy lately. I put my 2 week notice in at the job I've been at the last 14 years. I'll be working for myself subcontracting maintenance work for my dad's forklift maintenance and repair company. It will allow me to make more money and get all my weekends off that I haven't had for the last 12+ years. Very exciting, but a lot of paperwork and getting my new health insurance along with setting every thing up. Its not entirely new, as I have worked part time with him off an on for the past 2 years. I also just hit a deer with my pickup the other night, so having to deal with all that stuff with the insurance. I'll be doing all the repair work though. That little mid sized ford ranger has killed 6 deer now.....and its still alive. 2 years or so ago I ran into a herd of them. Killed 5 then. Here's for number 6. I wish I was exaggerating. I'm thinking about calling my truck the deer slayer. I was on thingiverse the other night checking out all the cool things I could 3d print for table top games once my printer comes, and also thought of letting some of you guys in on it. If it works out well. I think that's super cool how you guys are doing custom greenstuff bases with texture stamps. I heard you can add some pva glue to air dry modeling clay and get the same type of results as greenstuff for stuff like that for a fraction of the cost. I've been playing with greenstuff for a while now.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 8th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

Is that the same brother that was rolling a lot of high numbers before on the d20 and killed a ton of figures? I'd check his dice

Good to hear you getting a better job situation. You'll enjoy weekends

You deer killer you! I hit one when I lived near Rochester, NY from '89-'96. Not fun hitting then.

I don't know about the PVA and clay method. It's the first time I'll be trying greenstuff, I got a 36" roll for around $16. Seems like 36" should last awhile.

Old September 8th, 2017, 05:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Different brother. and they are all my d20's. I have a ton of d20s. Everyone that plays just grabs a couple outof my dice storage.

Old September 8th, 2017, 08:26 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@TREX

That's cool that your dad runs a forklift repair company. I drive a forklift for a living. Our company used to use an outside company like your dads to fix all of our lifts, but now they are having one of the maintenance guys do it. It's not working out so well. Now we always have lifts down much longer than they used to be.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 11th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a link to the Northstar site where they are having the Nickstarter for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago.

http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE_...ICKSTARTER.htm

The Nickstarter can also be gotten through Brigade Games

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com...ter_c_675.html

Last edited by Hahma; September 11th, 2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hey @chas

A guy on BGG posted a Frostgrave demo he's hosting at a place in your neighborhood. If you wanted to check out Frostgrave, this would be a good opportunity.

Sunday Sept. 17 11am - 11pm
Nu Brand Gaming
194 31st St
Brooklyn, New York 11232
$15/$10 for members

Old September 15th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Anyone pickup Massive Darkness? Even if you don't like MD, it has some fantastic miniatures (some I would be hard pressed to call miniature.... ) for FG and/or GA.

Newb.
Old September 15th, 2017, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Anyone pickup Massive Darkness? Even if you don't like MD, it has some fantastic miniatures (some I would be hard pressed to call miniature.... ) for FG and/or GA.

Newb.
I actually bought two pledges with quite a few add ons off of kickstarter. I'm quite frustrated though as I haven't received anything about it and no tracking as of yet. I'll probably sell one of my pledges. I have got a chance to play it and I agree. One of my buddies already got his pledge.

On a side note @Hahma . I just picked up a load of Walking dead all out war stuff off of miniature market. They have tons of boosters on sale. A bunch even low as 12 dollars. Just got the two major expansions, the 3d terrain with the cars and what not and a handul of the other expansions. Got free shipping with an order of 100 dollars or more and used a code for even more off of the site. Just checked out before posting this.

Old September 15th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post

Newb.
I actually bought two pledges with quite a few add ons off of kickstarter. I'm quite frustrated though as I haven't received anything about it and no tracking as of yet. I'll probably sell one of my pledges. I have got a chance to play it and I agree. One of my buddies already got his pledge.

On a side note @Hahma . I just picked up a load of Walking dead all out war stuff off of miniature market. They have tons of boosters on sale. A bunch even low as 12 dollars. Just got the two major expansions, the 3d terrain with the cars and what not and a handul of the other expansions. Got free shipping with an order of 100 dollars or more and used a code for even more off of the site. Just checked out before posting this.
Sounds great TREX, I enjoyed it the one time I tried it. I think you and your brothers will enjoy it. I can't wait until my buddy Chris gets his stuff all painted. Of course.... he hasn't started with them yet, as he has been hitting it hard lately with his Arena Rex miniatures in order to have them ready for the fundraiser we're taking part in on the 23rd. I just discussed some stuff with the organizer today, and I guess there will be 15 or 16 games demoed that day between noon and 5. Big raffles and tons of cool prizes and a couple bands playing.

Speaking of kickstarters, are you the guy on Reddit that spent $16,000 over the past 2 years and now regrets everything

http://mashable.com/2017/09/14/kicks.../#8PN3d7vASiqH

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures