Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 6th, 2024, 12:15 PM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!
WarbandScape - Morale, Leadership, and More

My goal with WarbandScape is to make a fun game that expands upon and reworks parts of HeroScape to make it more in line with a more traditional wargame, but still have it feel like the classic game in (what I view as) the most important ways.

I’m releasing this project now because I feel like the game mechanics are in a good state, and most of my adjustments are now shifting towards balancing the current units. With my shift towards balancing, perfection is the enemy of progress, so I want to get this mod out there for anyone it appeals to, and together we can steer it into something that is both fun and has a healthy competitive meta.

I intend for this thread to be a place for people to discuss their WarbandScape battles, suggest better rules text/wordings, submit designs for undeveloped figures, and to ask me any other questions regarding WarbandScape. I will also post big announcements here if anything comes up. If this project becomes popular enough, I will split these topics into separate threads.

Anyone is also welcome to send me a pm regarding WarbandScape if you’d rather not reply on this thread!

Google Drive Folder containing all the rules, cards, and reference documents.

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you all do with this project!

Last edited by blast_shark; January 6th, 2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 09:22 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: WarbandScape - Morale, Leadership, and More

Big update for WarbandScape!

Well, kinda I updated the card style to be the size of standard playing cards. This way, you can use card sleeves to easily shuffle the cards for random/semi-random draft pools and pack-drafting.

I also updated some abilities, primarily those which reduce shock. I found that most figures with an inspiration power to boost their rally commands weren't really worth an order marker because a lot of higher leadership figures could remove the same amount of shock with two or three commands and still have the same number of commands leftover.

Now, it's much easier for rally-boosting heroes to be worth at least one or two order markers in a round.

Going forward, I will make a separate print sheet in the google drive folder including only cards that have been updated in some way. Unless I do another update where _literally everything_ gets updated.

Also! A new battle video is in the works! Rebellious vs Disciplined. HUGE warbands, one starts with over 80 morale lol
Old February 1st, 2024, 01:00 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey! Just wanting to drop by and say that the video was very nicely done! There are lots of really neat ideas. The ones that stood out to me most include how the command points emphasize heroes a lot more and the ability to weaken defense by being adjacent and tricky or non-adjacent and precise (like on Major Q-10's card). Great stuff!

The photography on all of the new cards is also quite nice.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Hey! Just wanting to drop by and say that the video was very nicely done! There are lots of really neat ideas. The ones that stood out to me most include how the command points emphasize heroes a lot more and the ability to weaken defense by being adjacent and tricky or non-adjacent and precise (like on Major Q-10's card). Great stuff!

The photography on all of the new cards is also quite nice.
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the video and that this project interest you))

Two of the biggest goals of WarbandScape is to prioritize heroes and to make personalities/classes/generals much more important during play, so I'm glad that those two examples stood out to you!

I would love to hear any feedback you may have if you decide to try it out for yourself

And thank you for the compliment on the photography! I'm very happy to be getting good use out of my lights and camera

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions