Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Tournament/Demo Event Guide for Event Organize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
How do you decide who battles who in the tournament? How does the Bracket work?
At the Tree Town Open and other midwest tournaments we do not use brackets but a Swiss style format.

I would suggest " Random Draw " to start. At the Tree Town Open and other events in the midwest we do more of a controled " random draw ". What I mean by that is we have our score cards color coded. We hand those cards out by what state you live in ( each state has a different color )... When the first round pairing happen we always have two different color cards play each other... the only reason for this is to keep people who drove togeter or who are their normal playing partners don't face each other in the first round.

After that the pairing are done strictly by the numbers. We pair the undeafted player with the highest point differental with an undeafted player with the second highest PD. This goes on thru all the cards till we have the last two winless players with the two worst PD play each other. Everyone is sorted out by how they finished all the round they have played to that point.

Every round the cards come in and get resorted first by won/loss ( or Victory Points ) and then by PD and put in order. Then all the TD has to do is take the top two cards and pair them up and then the next two on down till he runs out of cards. If there is a bye the last card ( which would not have a win ) would get a bye.

This system is explained in more detail in other threads, but I hope you get the idea .....

What ever system you do use I think " Random " is the key ... and then if it can be followed by a strict sorting critera ... is a good thing ... takes out the human factor .... what every you can do to keep people from thinking, blame or use that excuse that your tourney is unfair or rigged is to everyone as well as the games benefit.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Would it be possible to get this thread updated? Possibly with links to tools for both tournaments and demos?

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM

simna12 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

where can i get a second edition rulebook online. I lost my book for it
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Would it be possible to get this thread updated? Possibly with links to tools for both tournaments and demos?
Not unless the person who started the thread, who was banned a couple years ago, does it.

-insert signature here-
Old May 30th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can I get some advice on obtaining prizes for an event? Do I just email all the site sponsors and ask for donations? Is there some etiquette other than just being polite?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would still like a response regarding my question in the above post.

Also, has anyone created a nice template that I can use to promote my Heroscape event? I can grab the logo and type something up, but I'd prefer something a little bit snazzier.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Gulp, call me. We can get all of this sorted out, bro.

PS - I am definately in, unless I am killed or arrested on the way there.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Gulp, call me. We can get all of this sorted out, bro.

PS - I am definately in, unless I am killed or arrested on the way there.
Hey Pete. What's your number again? Why can't cell phones just automatically save numbers to the SIM card?

Old September 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM

Duker Woo who?

Hi all. Sometime in the near future I volunteered to run a demo of heroscape for some kids in my college gaming club. I checked in this thread for some tips on how to run a demo but its geared a little more towards tournaments. Can someone help me out as to what I should try to do with this demo and what maps, figures and scenarios I should use.

A list of what I own

RoTV
Forgotten forest
Tundra
Castle
SotM

Wave 1 duplicates of commons
Wave 2
Wave 4 duplicates of glads/archers
Wave 5 duplicates of all squads
Wave 6
Wave 7 duplicates -templars
Grok riders, wolves/10th foot

Thanks in advance
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:46 AM

GGGames is surprisingly tart

[quote=Duker;1197835]Hi all. Sometime in the near future I volunteered to run a demo of heroscape for some kids in my college gaming club. I checked in this thread for some tips on how to run a demo but its geared a little more towards tournaments. Can someone help me out as to what I should try to do with this demo and what maps, figures and scenarios I should use.

A list of what I own

We have taught many people how to play. I don't think which maps and which figures really matter. I first would have two people before hand already know how to play. They need to have a general idea how to play before teaching a group. You should not be one of the two people. The day of the demo set up about 3 maps depending on the number of people in the club. Then have the two people play on one map as you narrate whats going on. By the third round the spectators will have a feel for how to play. During the demo realize you won't get to play. You will have to answer all the questions and judge the other games. It very rewarding seeing and having new players intreasted in the game. Our club averages at least one new person a week that learns to play. So much that on our meeting days we have a consistant 12 or more players playing scape. Please feel free to ask me any more questions. We are also doing a heroscape demo out of town at another game store on Sept 25th. We have invited the other local scapers to come out and show their support. Its good for the community and the FLAGS.

Pete
GG Games President
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It would be nice if our resident, premier tourney organizer could put together a nice guide for us amateurs. Ry?

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Duker Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGames View Post
[quote=Duker;1197835]Hi all. Sometime in the near future I volunteered to run a demo of heroscape for some kids in my college gaming club. I checked in this thread for some tips on how to run a demo but its geared a little more towards tournaments. Can someone help me out as to what I should try to do with this demo and what maps, figures and scenarios I should use.

A list of what I own

We have taught many people how to play. I don't think which maps and which figures really matter. I first would have two people before hand already know how to play. They need to have a general idea how to play before teaching a group. You should not be one of the two people. The day of the demo set up about 3 maps depending on the number of people in the club. Then have the two people play on one map as you narrate whats going on. By the third round the spectators will have a feel for how to play. During the demo realize you won't get to play. You will have to answer all the questions and judge the other games. It very rewarding seeing and having new players intreasted in the game. Our club averages at least one new person a week that learns to play. So much that on our meeting days we have a consistant 12 or more players playing scape. Please feel free to ask me any more questions. We are also doing a heroscape demo out of town at another game store on Sept 25th. We have invited the other local scapers to come out and show their support. Its good for the community and the FLAGS.

Pete
GG Games President
Thanks for the help Pete. I had a feeling that I wouldn't be playing but thats okay as long as I help generate some interest in the game. I will let you know if I have any questions when they come up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events