Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 20th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Just catching up on all this - really cool! Guess the thing that was needed to kickstart a Heroscape revival was just me not paying attention for long enough.

There was definitely some sticker shock with the $250 price point, but when you factor in all of the plastic being thrown at you, I don't think it's unreasonable. Love the big dragon, love the animal people, love the pirates as a way to sprinkle in a bunch of "throwback" units like Marro and Soulborgs and stuff. (Don't like the one figure that's just a huge pile of bugs but they can't all be winners.) Obviously the lack of paint is a bummer, but you're just not getting prepainted, nonblind miniatures nowadays at a reasonable price point. It is what it is.

I'm definitely on the fence, since I don't imagine I'd ever actually PLAY the damn thing at this point... but I'm leaning toward going in, since it seems like it needs all the momentum it can get. I've given so much time and thought to the game, what's a couple hundred bucks to top things off, you know?
Old October 20th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Just catching up on all this - really cool! Guess the thing that was needed to kickstart a Heroscape revival was just me not paying attention for long enough.

There was definitely some sticker shock with the $250 price point, but when you factor in all of the plastic being thrown at you, I don't think it's unreasonable. Love the big dragon, love the animal people, love the pirates as a way to sprinkle in a bunch of "throwback" units like Marro and Soulborgs and stuff. (Don't like the one figure that's just a huge pile of bugs but they can't all be winners.) Obviously the lack of paint is a bummer, but you're just not getting prepainted, nonblind miniatures nowadays at a reasonable price point. It is what it is.

I'm definitely on the fence, since I don't imagine I'd ever actually PLAY the damn thing at this point... but I'm leaning toward going in, since it seems like it needs all the momentum it can get. I've given so much time and thought to the game, what's a couple hundred bucks to top things off, you know?
Johnny!
Old October 20th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What??? Who's this guy!!?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 21st, 2022, 12:38 PM

bradtato knows what's in an order marker bradtato knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I’m right there with you. I’m currently in for 2, and will likely go for a third on the final day. My main motivator as far as actually playing it these days is the fact that I have 3 kids who have recently shown interest in what I have left of my legacy stuff, and another baby on the way. With any luck, I’ll have a built-in play group in a few years’ time
Old October 21st, 2022, 12:48 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh man. They took away the flying ability on the wingless centaur unit. Lol, cool to see the box set in color now.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 21st, 2022, 12:53 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Halushia is my new favorite figure but I curse the designers for not giving him carry. Let my boy Siege mount this guy!
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:08 PM

Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In addition to some of the more obvious changes, Queen Maladrix is actually a Queen now. That means she doesn't have Dumutef Guard synergy anymore, but I like the consistency. I hope that the Honor Guard are likewise changed to be Guards instead of Minions.
Old October 21st, 2022, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvershire View Post
In addition to some of the more obvious changes, Queen Maladrix is actually a Queen now. That means she doesn't have Dumutef Guard synergy anymore, but I like the consistency. I hope that the Honor Guard are likewise changed to be Guards instead of Minions.
Warden 816 synergy what-what!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 21st, 2022, 02:10 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

if the ghost rider campaign fails I cordially invite all those backers to the AoA campaign.
Old October 21st, 2022, 02:25 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am not sure how important this is in the grand scheme of things, but the image for Scavorith, Lord of Ruin on the HasbroPulse website has him as a member of the "IRONCLADE COLLECTIVE".

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 21st, 2022, 02:35 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Box art looks great!
Old October 21st, 2022, 03:19 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

As much as I love that Burrowbreaker, I’m not impressed with his Drill Drive special attack. Seems like it would be difficult to make it effective.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion