Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 13th, 2016, 12:29 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker
Re: Ohio NHSD 2016 @ CinCityCon - October 1

heck of a drive but, if I'm not working I gonna try to make it.
Old September 15th, 2016, 04:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Planning on being there with a few other Louisvillains.

Some of those maps look HUGE!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 15th, 2016, 05:29 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Ok It is looking like I will be coming with at least my son. I am working on 3 others. Probably going to drive down Friday night? Not sure where I'll stay but I should be available to help set up Saturday morning.
Questions. what do I need to know about Swiss style tournaments? Is that the same as round robin? I was also confused on the army. Are we bringing an army to play with or an army to draft with? I do understand that 50% of the points need to be unique or uncommon. Sorry I always play with the same people.
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Planning on being there with a few other Louisvillains.

Some of those maps look HUGE!
Is that a word? I will be up rain or shine.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old September 15th, 2016, 08:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I will be adding some more smaller maps, normal BOV or similar size, minimum of 10 maps and if we have enough RSVP up to 12 maps - 2 of them will be AotP maps though (one will have cryptoliths and wierded spaces acting as shadow). Glad some of the "Louisvillains" will becoming. If you need more incentive to come @Craig Van Ness and @Dad_Scaper will be providing prizes, along with some sets I will be providing.

To answer @GUILD_WARRIOR 's questions, swiss-style just means that you will be paired with opponents closest you in rank that you haven't played. See the wikipedia article, which states "first tournament of this type was a chess tournament in Zurich in 1895, hence the name "Swiss system". While we are on the subject, I will be ranking by Strength Of Schedule (SOS) above points in final rankings (and if I can use a laptop for Tournament Director, also in game pairings).

For the armies: for the tournament simply bring one 540 point army that you will play with every game (no "reverse-the-whip" this event). For the team games, each person should bring both a 500 point heroscape and a 500 point AotP army (so if you are coming as a team, you will need two of each). If you do not have a pre-planned teammate, you will be assigned one at the event, and mostly likely a new person who comes to the con and wants to play. I will be providing some extra armies for both games (and ask ahead if you don't have AotP and need to borrow an army and deck), but if you bring both games your teammate can also borrow one of yours so you can essentially plan both your own and your teammates army. I know this may be harder as we have to be patient teaching new people, and they choose whether they would rather play with a Heroscape or AotP army, but that is why I made them individual games - just for the fun of it, and hoping the incentive of trying a mixed format will get all of yall to participate in addition to more interest from the crowd to join in. To make it easier, I am changing this event so that Heroscape armies are a 16-figure limit, and AotP armies are 8-figure limit (since I don't think there are any AotP armies more than 8 figures anyway). BTW, see All possible army combinations (500 points) for AotP army ideas.

Also, in the team games I am not allowing C3V/SoV, but I am allowing Official Marvel (but not C3G), but still in the tournament I am allowing C3V/SoV, but not Marvel. I would love to see the Eldrazi Ruiner vs. Thanos or the Hulk!

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 15th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:14 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Only a few days to go. I'll be bring some cool prizes.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:45 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Also, we have some really awesome one-of-a-kind swag (the only way you can get is at this year's NHSD) on the way from Craig Van Ness and Rob Daviau (makers of Heroscape), as well as a couple sets I am donating. If you are debating whether it is worth the trip, if you can make it in the top 7 or 8 of the tourney, it will be worth your while.

Added 2 maps from Ruins of Valhalla courtesy of @WOOKIE and @GUILD_WARRIOR , which means 9 maps (including 2 with Magic:Arena mats). I shall be setting up most maps on Friday night, but can use some help on Saturday, no earlier than 9am though.

I will be picking out and bringing some 500 point armies for both Heroscape and Magic:Arena, but feel free to either request to borrow one or bring not only your own but extras for other to borrow too.

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 29th, 2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Hint on prize - it's also from the Crag and Rob's sons: Drake and Alexander ;)
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:42 PM

Tickets?

Ok I have all my armies ready. Check. Have all pieces for map. Check. Have order markers, dice, cards etc. Check. Got a hotel room. Check Tickets? I think I have tickets. Am I supposed to print something out? I have no idea. Could someone please let me know before say 6 pm Friday?
Thanks

Guild_Warrior
Old September 30th, 2016, 12:22 PM

@GUILD_WARRIOR You are better prepared then me - I still need to pick and pack my armies and armies I am bringing for newbies. For the tourney, I am leaning towards SOV Red Ants of Aunstrom & Marcus and soldier heroes, as long as I can proxy with the Xualtiaca ants and I get them based tonight.

I do not see a way to print tickets from the CC event site, but I did get an e-mail receipt so I might bring that, but I am guessing just name and ID at registration is fine.
Old September 30th, 2016, 08:38 PM

Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker

My son and I are planning on attending.
Old October 1st, 2016, 07:20 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will be in attendance and need to borrow a marcu with card... I fear mine has betrayed me! Cont find him anywhere!

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old October 1st, 2016, 05:48 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks to everyone for coming out & having a great day. Excellent fellowship. Excellent games.
Thanks to Lefton for hosting. Lots of planning & toil.
Thank you to GuildWarrior & his boys for traveling 3 hours to come play with us.

Sorry we had to leave a little early. Storm Shadow has Homecoming tonight.

Left Chex Mix for you guys.

������Forgot my black hoodie!!!! If someone could grab it.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; October 1st, 2016 at 07:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day