Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM

ullarted has disabled reputation
Heroscape epic campaign (call it what you want)

OK, i'm this just a pending idea, but here it goes......

Ok, so the basis for the idea is a large, VS out map made of single hex tiles, seven hex tiles, glacier mountains, trees, castle pieces and anything else you want (explained below). Note You will NOT be building this part! It is meant to be printed out flat and used as a "world" map. (ever played Battle for middle earth 2?) By the way, I meant this to be played in parts, not one huge battlefield (unless your Dr.Wierdscaper).

The game
First, you would construct a game map for the armies (represented by wound markers or other small object of different color) in VS to be the "world" that your trying to conquer. In theory, the armies would be moving around and trying to conquer the "territories" represented by the 7 hexers. Troops could be spawned from the castle or added to existing armies at territories you control by using "money" generated by said territories. Some would, in theory, be more valuable than others. You decide.

The battlefields
Well, this is up to you, but you could either assign each territory a BoV map or the like, or you could just make it up as you go along. Battles happen at one of two times- 1.When 2 opposing armies meet each other in no mans land (ONE HEX TILES) they can chose to either engage in a battle (on a map that is somewhat related to the type of tile there on. For example, each army should take up 7 spaces on the world map, if they are on 6 grass, 4 water, and 4 trees the battlefield would most likely be heavily forested and swampy with almost no mountains. Get it?

The Armies
Each player would start the game controlling an equal number of territories, one player representing good, one evil. They would then record what armies belong to which marker. Each army should be a max. of 500 pts. to start. Each player will start with 3 armies. New armies may be spawned from ONLY the castle and cost 100 more points to create. The smallest army you can have is 100 pts. Each round (consisting of 3 movement and or attack turns, done just like a normal round) would start with the gaining of tribute. Each team is awarded 100 pts each turn for each territory they control. (or you could decide to change it based on the terrain value of the territory) Movement would be decided as such- start with 10 move. for each 101 points that an army includes subtract one move. Simple.

OK that's all I've got so far. I'm sorry if that's unclear and ill be happy to answer any questions that come up. Constructive (ha ha get it?) criticism is welcome
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:11 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape epic campaign (call it what you want)

So essentially you've got something like a Risk setup going on with Heroscape. I like the idea, Risk has always been one of my favorite games, and combining that with 'Scape (while similar things have been done) is never a bad idea.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios