Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old November 20th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

I also am itching to see the first changes.

I begged Dignan for a hint and he said, "liquid tiger."

And I'm not stupid, so I figured it out right away...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 20th, 2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I have abslutely NO idea what liquid tiger is!
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:35 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lots of Drudge talk in the other thread and I wanted to put this idea in front of the "council" and see what he thought of it:

Marro Drudge (Sorry, no link. I dunno how to do that fancy code stuff.)
Quote:
Change Swamp Water Strength as follows: "Swamp Water Strength When a Marro Drudge is on a swamp water space add 1 to its attack and defense. Marro Drudges do not have to stop their movement when entering water spaces."
Quote:
Change Swamp Water Tunnel as follows: "Swamp Water Tunnel When a Marro Drudge ends its normal movement on a swamp water space, you may immediately place it on any empty same-level swamp water space within 5 spaces."
Quote:
Change Hunters to "SCOUTS"
On another note rym and I played a game with attack 3 Gorillanators and Repeating Stare of Stone Sudema and Gorillanators killed about 2 things an order marker and died almost as quickly. I like them with the attack 3 a lot.

Sudema killed one 10th and died.

(sigh)

We've just had the worst luck getting higher than a 6 with this chick...

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 22nd, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Those are some good ideas on the drudge and I think they will go a long way to making them viable. And I'm not surprised about Sudema's poor performance. She's just so fragile with such a short range. With the errata, she can at least really do some damage before she dies.

As far as starting the Congress, I think that I will post the December proposal's a little early so that people can be some testing games in over the Holidays.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
On another note rym and I played a game with attack 3 Gorillanators and Repeating Stare of Stone Sudema and Gorillanators killed about 2 things an order marker and died almost as quickly. I like them with the attack 3 a lot.
I thought for testing purposes we were only supposed to errata one army card at a time to make the results more reliable?

Old November 22nd, 2009, 06:39 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I thought for testing purposes we were only supposed to errata one army card at a time to make the results more reliable?
Obviously DrL was just having fun, as the Congress hasn't officially started testing yet.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Super Doopa

Obviously.

Duh, CheddarLimbo.

Man, what are you the Congress Police?

More like the No-Fun Police!

Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I understand that the formal process hasn't begun but from an efficiency standpoint, if you're going to go to the trouble to test some of the errata, wouldn't it be a good idea to regulate the testing anyway in order to get results we can use later on?

Or do I have a stick up my butt about this?

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; November 22nd, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Oh, I'm sorry, this is the Fun-Vee, the Hum-Drum-Vee is back there...
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Or do I have a stick up my butt
Um, I imagine you would know it if you did.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that Sudema's suggested changes haven't been game-breaking in any way, shape, or form. You'd think it would be easy to roll 7 or higher on the blasted d20, but that hasn't been the case. In two games I played, it took a third attempt (3 OM's) to get the Stare of Stone to work successfully the first time to even get a second roll.

In DrLivingston's case, he rolled above a 7 on the first roll, and the subsequent roll ended up being 5. She has these changes we want to implement, but the truth is, they really haven't come to fruition yet. And I think that's a good thing.

She's not game-breaking, yet you still have to give up a lot of points to put her potential into your army. Using her in conjunction with the Gorillinators didn't seem to make either unit any better - or worse - than before. I think we (DrL and I) were able to objectively take the effectiveness of each unit into consideration, separate from one another, in reviewing whether or not the changes are overpowering, underpowered, or have absolutely no affect whatsoever.

That being said, it was just a for-fun game to test out and play on DrL's swamp water map, so all opinions are invalidated anyway, since the Congress has deemed we are to review units singlely, as you mentioned, CL.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 22nd, 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Damn, I really don't know if my post even had a point.
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM

Well, do to the interest in getting things under way before Thanksgiving, I'm going to go ahead and propose the two variants for this December.

Proposal #1

Unit: Gorillinators
Proposal(s): Change TOUGH to read as follows: "When rolling defense dice against an <omit> attack...". Additionally, increase their attack value from 2 to 3.
Commentary: While fixing tough helps the Gorillinators, the weak attack for such an expensive 3 man squad is still a hindrance to them being viable.

Proposal #2

Unit: Einar Imperium
Proposal: Give Einar Imperium EINAR KYRIE BONDING: "Before taking a turn with Einar Imperium, you may first take a turn with any unique hero Kyrie hero you control who follows Einar."
Commentary: As a very expensive and fragile unit the EI need something to increase their survivability. Hopefully, bonding with Kiova will help increase their odds of sticking around while being balanced enough to keep them from being overpowered.

The playtesting for these proposals can begin whenever you want. Votes will be due by Friday March 5th. Please take time to play games with these rules and keep in mind that we want to make units "viable" and not necessarily A+. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Dignan; November 25th, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Super Doopa

Woo Hoo!

Now I will be packing up some 'scape when I head to San Antonio for the family Thanksgiving celebration!

Gorillinators seem right but Einer...

Well, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 24th, 2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Liquid Tiger was just some **** that sounded cool, huh? You total ******. People are not your playthings. ******.
Old November 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Change TOUGH to read as follows: "When rolling defense dice against a normal or special attack...".
In my humble opinion changing it to "an attack" sounds better and is more official sounding.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions