Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker
Re: Madtown Throwdown! Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Are we going to use a partial scoring system?

All the prizes look great! Thanks Kobu for getting us the goods.
I put a scoring section in the first post. Did you have a question about that? I'm not sure what you mean by partial.

Win/Loss is the primary factor for match-ups and ranking, but everyone will also record their match score for ties and to make pairing non-random after the first round. For example, the two highest scoring 1-0 players would play each other for the second round while the two lowest 0-1 players would play each other.

edit--I see the post about partial scoring now. Looks too cumbersome and wouldn't really add much as far as I can see. We'll only use full scoring for army cards.

Last edited by Kobu; October 8th, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm not going to be able to go, I guess. My last ride just failed me.

Sorry, guys....
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Sirpongo has disabled reputation

You can add Chris to the participant list. His other plans fell through, so he'll be in town that weekend now and said he'll play.
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I'm not going to be able to go, I guess. My last ride just failed me.

Sorry, guys....
That's too bad. We should be holding it again next year and hopefully you'll be able to make it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirpongo View Post
You can add Chris to the participant list. His other plans fell through, so he'll be in town that weekend now and said he'll play.
OK, Chris is on the list and I'm off for now.

Anyone who still hasn't confirmed, please do so soon so I can accurately plan for maps. I need a definite yea or nay by Wednesday. Later than that and I won't be able to accommodate you.
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You can put me down as a yes. I plan on attending and finalized my 600 point army choice today. So unless something unforseen happens, I'll be there and will bring with me the terrain required to build one map.

Just one question about the +1 attack glyph. I don't normally use that one any more since the SOTM set has more specific +1 normal attack and +1 special attack glyphs. Will the +1 attack glyph we are using be only +1 on normal attacks only or will it be used as a +1 to all attacks.
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You can put me down as a yes. I plan on attending and finalized my 600 point army choice today. So unless something unforseen happens, I'll be there and will bring with me the terrain required to build one map.
Great! Bringing the terrain will really help out. We will have 6 maps readily available with the potential for one more if we need it.

We are at 12 players right now. If we go above, we will have 5 rounds of play and will be wrapping up after 6:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just one question about the +1 attack glyph. I don't normally use that one any more since the SOTM set has more specific +1 normal attack and +1 special attack glyphs. Will the +1 attack glyph we are using be only +1 on normal attacks only or will it be used as a +1 to all attacks.
The glyphs are the original Astrid +1 attack. Glyphs only ever affect normal attacks. Special attacks are never modified. The newer glyphs are Crevcor and Ulaniva with boost common and unique attacks respectively.
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:35 PM

Updates on the prize table:

First, Sirpongo has generously offered to donate a Master Woo. It is in used condition, but really no different from one that hasn't been out of the package.

Second, we will not be getting a dice tower as previously thought. The update on that came too late to make arrangements for it.

edit--InfinityMax has come through with a VixenTor Adventure Bag which is very cool. Hooray!

Third, my inquiry into receiving, or even what our WotC support will be, was responded to thus: "I cannot tell you when to expect your prizes to arrive, but we all know when NHSD is so please be patient."

Overall though, we are in good shape. We have at least one prize for everyone coming worth more than the entry fee.

Last edited by Kobu; October 13th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old October 12th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I finally have word that both my cousin and other bro-in-law are coming! So you can put down a yes for Rusty and Jared.

Looking forward to it!

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 13th, 2008, 12:27 AM

OK, we're up to 14 players which means 5 matches.

If we have games up to the time limit, we will be ending play around 6:00, and then there will be a bit at the end where we award prizes.

If we have 1 player not show, we'll be back down to 4 matches.

Last edited by Kobu; October 14th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old October 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Reminder--Tomorrow is the last day to register. I won't be able to adequately plan for or accommodate anyone after Wednesday.

Also, Wargamers HQ has donated a $25 gift certificate!

Still waiting on the WotC stuff. *fingers crossed*
Old October 16th, 2008, 08:22 AM

The deadline to sign up has come and gone!

Joah and Nwojedi have signed up. Some Guy has dropped out which drops me out too.

According to Truth, Skahens and other stuff was sent out yesterday. Unless it was second day delivery, the chances of it coming on time are anyone's guess. We should have a good amount of IOUs at least.
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

So I haven't checked the site in awhile and just noticed this today and would be able to make it to the tournament this weekend. Would it still be cool if I came down even though the deadline to sign up was yesterday??

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day