Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 8th, 2013, 02:18 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Δ+ Unit Debate #2 - Kozuke vs. Ninjas

Well met!

The Kozuke Samurai and the Ninjas of the Northern Wind are two of my favorite squads in the game - and are both 95 points in Δ+ [100 and 110 in Classic, respectively].

As per Mega's Debate format, evaluate for the following:

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl

Last edited by kolakoski; March 9th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Δ+ Unit Debate #2 - Kozuke vs. Ninjas

You really need to put in the modified point totals if you are going to continue to use my Unit Debates format.

EDIT: I see that you already did that. XD

You can add the poll from the advanced options near the bottom.

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 8th, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You really need to put in the modified point totals if you are going to continue to use my Unit Debates format.
Modified point totals? "both 95 points in Δ+" covers it, doesn't it? What I do have to do is to remember to include the poll!
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Her... that's not the good card for the Ninjas... right?

I prefer the Samourais, because I'm very, very, very unlucky with my 20-sided die!

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
[T]hat's not the good card for the Ninjas[,] right?

I prefer the Samurai, because I'm very, very, very unlucky with my 20-sided die!
No. It wasn't. Fixed. Thanks!

It's also unfortunate that Disappearing Ninja doesn't work against Special Attacks - but hope springs eternal when it comes to the Dark Ladies!
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
. . . if you are going to continue to use my Unit Debates format.
If I were going to copy your format that slavishly, I'd include:

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl

Not that it's not worth taking - retroactively!
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
1) Kozuke. More attack, comparable defensive special (power-wise) and more speed when it matters. No disengage hurts in certain matchups, but isn't always a negative. NotNW have some situationally better matchups, but in general the Kozuke are superior.

2) Kozuke. Most armies can use an army card that can deliver a knock out punch. That's what the Kozuke are. You hold them back waiting for your moment and then unleash them for maximum devastation. They play well with others. Ninjas are a bit more subtle in that you want them to be a heavy hitter, but you also want to get your opponent attacking them and getting stymied by Vanish. Much harder to make that work.

3) Kozuke. This goes back to the matchup issue. If I'm facing an army with a bunch of normal ranged attackers and I don't have a defense booster then the Ninjas are the way to go. But as a general-purpose, plug and play solution it's Kozuke every time.

4) Kozuke. They get the first attack because they are situationally faster. They attack with more dice. When Ninjas Vanish they don't get a kill, but when Kozuke counterstrike, that there is a dead Ninja.

5) I'm not conversant enough with Delta+ pricing to create full builds, but Kozuke should benefit nicely from the Delta+ SotM Raelin's long range defense boost while supporting a ranged component (the Delta+ Harqs would be good here) that has some sort of screen (Dividers maybe?). The Ninjas are harder to place in a synergistic group. Mixing them with Phantom Knights and the Krav Maga or Nakita Agents could be fun.

6) Addressed this earlier. Kozuke are a hammer, waiting in reserve for their moment to unleash havoc. The Ninjas are an iron gauntlet in a silk glove, attempting to distract while working for a decisive blow.

7) Ninjas. But only because Ninjas are cooler when it comes to creeping around in the dark. I think the Kozuke and their dash and bash are actually probably a bit better suited.

~Aldin, whiling away a bit of time on a Friday afternoon

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4. Head to head. I was with Aldin on this one, but when calculated, the Ninjas crush the Samurai. The Ninja's win 61% of the time. http://math.lfc.edu/~yuen/heroscape/...quest=findprob
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
4. Head to head. I was with Aldin on this one, but when calculated, the Ninjas crush the Samurai. The Ninja's win 61% of the time. http://math.lfc.edu/~yuen/heroscape/...quest=findprob
Look at the all important "Squ #2 moves first" to see the Kozuke winning about 60% of the time. That's the first strike they get for having greater effective speed.

~Aldin, swiftly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, I see that now! I am happy. Everybody knows Samuria are better than Ninjas! (Ducks the punch that will soon be coming his way)
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:04 PM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

*throws ninja star and hits orgsbane.

Anyways, you can obviously see I'm rooting for the ninjas. I think they are a much better clean-up squad, maybe not head to head against the samurai, but definitely better in most situations (like grouped squads or spread out heroes). Delta pricing isn't something I'm entirely familiar with but the ninja's in my house do fine at 110 points so they'd do much better at 95.

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Ow. Stinkin Ninjas! anyway, delta pricing basically changed around the points. Over used squads (like the 4th Line) become overpriced, and expensive, less used units become cheaper. It's pretty cool. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...60#post1777360

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions