Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Most Unexpected Army and Strategy

Normally I'm a pretty good player, but I've been on a little losing streak against my one friend lately. It seems that in recent weeks I just can't beat this guy. I come really close, but fail in the last few moments.

Trouble is, we both know the drafting pool so well that we block every good army I've ever heard of or pick an insane amount of good counters.

So....what will he not see coming? What's the strangest, most obscure, most random team out there? What strategy would no player in their right mind expect?

The key is, it's got to actually work. So crazy it works.

Go ahead and suggest any team ups, no matter the point cost. We typically play big games, so I may be able to use more than one team in my army.
Old July 29th, 2006, 04:56 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Brunak and X17!
Charos and Thogrim?
Buy $100 of drones, and surprise him with an all drone army!
I heard someone talking about Gladiatrons + Sudema work miracles.
Use Saylind much? you could use her to port in the counter to whatever he is advancing.

You say you play big games? Do you usually have extreme height? Lot of Glyphs? Lodin or Rannveig? I need a little more info, the problem is a bit difficult...

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:16 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Valguard, Throgrim, Finn, Sayling, and Tarn Vikings!

Or

Chaos, both Samuri squads, and 2 or 3 squads of Aurbian Archers.

Old July 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm, perhaps after gencon and my seattle game days. I haven't played in so long that I'm not sure if my instincts are any good. Besides, I don't want my opponents to know what I might do...
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:30 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zim-
Valguard, Throgrim, Finn, Sayling, and Tarn Vikings!

Or

Chaos, both Samuri squads, and 2 or 3 squads of Aurbian Archers.
Hmm....do those work well? Have you had good success with those picks?

They seem to fit my needs...they look like pretty bad armies, initially, because there is so little synergy....but then, I think about it some more, and it seems like either one of those might work pretty well.

What would you suggest for a ranged addition to the first team? I think Gorilinnators might be good because of their speed.
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:33 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Brunak and X17!
Charos and Thogrim?
Buy $100 of drones, and surprise him with an all drone army!
I heard someone talking about Gladiatrons + Sudema work miracles.
Use Saylind much? you could use her to port in the counter to whatever he is advancing.

You say you play big games? Do you usually have extreme height? Lot of Glyphs? Lodin or Rannveig? I need a little more info, the problem is a bit difficult...
We usually play without glyphs these days....too many games where the winner was determined by who had the glyphs.

Are maps are rather large (just over six sets, plus lava, tundra, road, etc) and we usually draft between 1000 and 1600 point armies each.

But as I said, I'm looking for any good, but unexpected combo, no matter the point cost. If you've got a killer 300 point team, let me know.
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Play a 30 point game. Your McCreech should be able to beat his Dumutef
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Nilfheim & Major Q9 have changed the game quite a bit.

I Always draft small human like armys and have always worked good for me in the past but with the above new characters I'm having a hard time, so I need to adjust my stategy to counter these figure I have to draft one of the following with my usaul army now; Nilfheim, Major Q9, Jotun or Charos as a safety precaution.
Old July 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
I had this game recently.
Tagawa Samurai, Sgt Drake, EOV, DED, DW7.

Used the EOV and Samurai to hold up the guys, got DED to a great far away position, used DW7 to blow up, and Drake to act as cleanup.

It seemed like a ridiculous hodgepodge at the time, but it worked for me.
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Have you tried random team generation?

Newb.
Old July 29th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
All my armies most people would think to be unexpected, and i win abou 50% of the time. Like today, yesterday, and the day before that, I'm on a winning streek with some of the least cordinated armies expected. Today the other player had 20 more figures, and a much more well put together, but I ripped it to shreds.

Good times.Good times.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 29th, 2006, 09:21 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Have you played with Logrey's HS Manager and team building? It is nice for digging around for synergies.
http://www.logrey.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles