Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 20th, 2010, 03:55 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 attendance/prizes plus

Maybe glyphs could be used on the otherwise unbalanced maps. What glyphs? This could be a good compromise so that those wanting glyphs have a chance at a map with them. Would these be all asymmetrical maps?
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Happily for me, but sadly for my 'scaping, my son is playing football and winter baseball concurrently. If he happens to have early games, I'll be good to show up at least for some free play/after play/beer/pizza. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the tournament, but luckier things have happened. I'll keep you all posted. I've got to show to at least see Hive' stand-up routine and trip KotM for his school creaming my alma mater two weeks ago.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

[QUOTE=King of the Marro;1209280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Going over my figures I believe I'm short on a squad of Rats. Did someone take home an extra squad last week?
Seems Leo gave his rats back to me instead of to you. I'll have them for you at NHSD.

Thank you and I almost forgot that I have your Marro Drones card. Sorry about that. I was in rush when I packed up and picked up all the Marro together.
My bad, you were in such a rush to leave that we all got mixed up but I'm glad you found them King of the Marro.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Happily for me, but sadly for my 'scaping, my son is playing football and winter baseball concurrently. If he happens to have early games, I'll be good to show up at least for some free play/after play/beer/pizza. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the tournament, but luckier things have happened. I'll keep you all posted. I've got to show to at least see Hive' stand-up routine and trip KotM for his school creaming my alma mater two weeks ago.
You went to Loyola?

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old September 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Maybe glyphs could be used on the otherwise unbalanced maps. What glyphs? This could be a good compromise so that those wanting glyphs have a chance at a map with them. Would these be all asymmetrical maps?
That really depends on what we want to do. I think most of the BoV maps that need glyphs for game balance have fixed glyphs so I think we should probably go with those where we can.

If we were to do a random pool, I'd recomend something like:

Defense +1
Move
Unique Attack
Initiative
Wound
Massive Curse (maybe)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:18 PM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Sorry LoneHero, I am in a similar boat and wouldn't be able to attend if not for my buddy Hextr!p.

I'll be ponying up some repaints of figures as always. Trying to narrow it down on what I can provide. Not to toot my own horn but they are often very coveted prizes.
Yeah, I'm starting to get frustrated because I really want to go but I can't go if no one is willing to give me a ride. -_-;

Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Marro View Post
Quote:
You went to Loyola?
Yeah, back when we were good in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneHero2008
Yeah, I'm starting to get frustrated because I really want to go but I can't go if no one is willing to give me a ride. -_-;
I'm sure most folks would be "willing," but none that I know of live anywhere near San Jacinto. Is there anyway you could get to someone's home? That would save them on the drive going away from the Valley to get you.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 22nd, 2010, 05:18 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just posting to say I'm excited for this and to show some repaints that will probably hit the prize table at the event. I apologize for sub-awesome photo quality. I'm still getting used to the macro setting. Haha.

First some repainted Krav Maga repainted in an Isamu-ish shade of red-black. The camera wasn't too kind on them but they look pretty sweet in person.

I'm proud of this one. Painting a mustache on a Heroscape mini is tricky but oh so rewarding. I think he looks a bit like Gomez Addams like this.

Finally, I thought the Wyvern needed a little sprucing up so, highlighted feathers, yellow eyes, stinger that matches the other bone protrusions, and a bit of blood around the mouth and talons were in order.

Congrats to whoever wins them.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:18 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Awesome repaints Hivelord!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:45 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I'll be ponying up some repaints of figures as always. Trying to narrow it down on what I can provide. Not to toot my own horn but they are often very coveted prizes.
Indeed! SSX and I got 3 of your repaints last year and we can attest that they're top shelf.

Quote:
Happily for me, but sadly for my 'scaping, my son is playing football and winter baseball concurrently. If he happens to have early games, I'll be good to show up at least for some free play/after play/beer/pizza. It doesn't look like I'll be able to make the tournament, but luckier things have happened. I'll keep you all posted.
Well, I hope you can make it, even if it's just to say "hi."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneHero2008 View Post
You've still got a little time. Hopefully someone will be able to hook you up. Personally, I'm about the same distance away you are, in exactly the opposite direction. So I'm not much use. But have faith.

Oh, and I should have added:
  • I probably have an extra booster I can throw on the prize table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM

LoneHero2008 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure most folks would be "willing," but none that I know of live anywhere near San Jacinto. Is there anyway you could get to someone's home? That would save them on the drive going away from the Valley to get you.
No car, let alone driver's license, and little to no money. >_<;

Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneHero2008 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No car, let alone driver's license, and little to no money. >_<;
You could get there or closer using buses and trains but you'd have to leave the day before and probably go home the day after. You're probably a good 50 miles from the closest person I can see that is going at the moment.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day