Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:43 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker
Re: Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
We are in!!

...and by we, I mean myself and at least one brother-in-law (call him PyroJaymez).

There is also the strong possibility of two more (one cousin and one more bro-in-law). I will know for sure by mid-week.

LORD_PYRE...we are driving up from Chicago, if we can do it, so can you.

Looking forward to everything. It all looks great!

ET86
Very cool!
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Sirpongo has disabled reputation

Old October 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?

I would like to make a suggestion that we kidnap Joah and drag him to the tournament. As punishment for not coming on his own, he has to play an army consisting of single common squad units.

Who's in? I'll supply the duct tape.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The real problem is that I got my license only a few months ago, haven't driven more than 30 minutes anywhere, and am very uncomfortable doing even that...

But if you guys know anyone planning to drive there from around the Manitowoc area and I could get a ride, I'd go, easily.
Old October 1st, 2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants View Post
I would like to make a suggestion that we kidnap Joah and drag him to the tournament. As punishment for not coming on his own, he has to play an army consisting of single common squad units.

Who's in? I'll supply the duct tape.
Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
The real problem is that I got my license only a few months ago, haven't driven more than 30 minutes anywhere, and am very uncomfortable doing even that...

But if you guys know anyone planning to drive there from around the Manitowoc area and I could get a ride, I'd go, easily.
It's a very easy drive if that's any consolation. But no, no one in that area has mentioned anything yet.

Try to get someone to drive to visit scenic Madison. Have them hang out on State Street or something while you play.
Old October 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'll try my best to work something out. I should find out within the next few days, hopefully.

I really wanna go...
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm about 90% certain I will drive down for this. I will try to convince a freind to come too but those odds are far less likely. I see the army size has grown to 600 points now so I need to go back to the drawing board as to what army I will play. I have a bunch of terrain if it is needed (2 Jungle sets, 2 Castle sets, 2 RTTFF sets, 1 lava set, 1 SOTM, & 3 ROTV).
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm about 90% certain I will drive down for this. I will try to convince a freind to come too but those odds are far less likely. I see the army size has grown to 600 points now so I need to go back to the drawing board as to what army I will play. I have a bunch of terrain if it is needed (2 Jungle sets, 2 Castle sets, 2 RTTFF sets, 1 lava set, 1 SOTM, & 3 ROTV).
Great! It would be very helpful if you could bring a map (or at least the pieces). See the first post for the link.

The map takes RotV, SotM, RttFF, and 2 Jungles.

We have 5 maps accounted for which will serve 10 players. More and it gets a bit tricky so any extra maps will help.

I should also note that the start time to play is 1:00. Those travelling, please try to get there earlier for setup. Doors open at noon and we'll be setting up the maps, registering armies, and setting up the matches. I amended the first post so this was more obvious.
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have a specific question about glyphs. I noticed on the picture that you have 5 glyphs on the battlefield. Is this the way we are going to play? Also, how are we playing the glyphs (ie. blind, turned over, or turned over after armies are place)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I can bring the pieces but will have to set it up once I get there. I don't think it would stay together very well on the ride down. Where is Misty Mountain located at in Mad town? Is it close to the interstate or is it on the other side of the lake?
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
I have a specific question about glyphs. I noticed on the picture that you have 5 glyphs on the battlefield. Is this the way we are going to play? Also, how are we playing the glyphs (ie. blind, turned over, or turned over after armies are place)?
It is those specific glyphs revealed. Plan your army accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I can bring the pieces but will have to set it up once I get there. I don't think it would stay together very well on the ride down. Where is Misty Mountain located at in Mad town? Is it close to the interstate or is it on the other side of the lake?
It's on the East side. There's a couple exits off of I-90/I-94 you can take to get to it. It's on US Hwy 51, locally known as Stoughton Rd. You get off on a service road to get to it. It's on the same strip with a lot of stores including a Farm & Fleet at the south end of the strip. Misty is on the north end of the strip. The street view isn't so hot since it shows mostly trees, but here's the Google map link anyway.

Misty Mountain Madison
1922 S Stoughton Rd
Madison, WI 53716
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks. Now I have a better idea on travel time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day